Stubbseys Diary - back in the zone!

Morning Atkins world! got up early coz alarm was going off, I have it set to belt out Bernadette.. got up even though i shortly after cancelled my hair appointment for my brazilian blow-dry, i didn't get much sleep again and couldn't face it. so now slobbing around all zombie tired like and contemplating the house work ugh.

meeting a friend later for dinner and maybe movie which should be nice i only hope i don't nod off.... wouldn't be very polite lol

have a good day everyone!!!

Morning Stubbsey!...sorry you had a bad night - seems to be a lot of that about at the moment!:(

I think I've seen the Actifry demonstrated on a tv shopping channel a while ago and it looked good, but I'm always suspicious about tv demos 'cos they make everything look good!

Might have to check it out - although I ran out of space in my kitchen around 2006, so gawd knows where I'd put it, lol!

Oh no, I hope my sleeplessness isn't contagious! I was up until 6am last night but at least I sat up about 1am and got some work done.

Had a good time n nice steak salad went to see the sweeny, get yer trowsers on you're nicked! Which was very good my friend thought there was too much swearing tho.

Had tea at frankie n bennys didnt want to take a chance on them messing up my drink again.

Looks like i will be having a late night son is planning a game session ugh just when i could donwith an early night too, yawning already!

B. oopsie rolls cheese half tomato spread of mayo
D. Olives, king prawn skewer, large sirloin steak small salad, mayo and mushrooms

Glad you had a good time...I wanna go and see Sweeney too.....I bought an actifry a few months ago....can't recommend highly enough....I've also done stir frys in it .....the only thing I find is that it is a must to buy Maris pipers for chips....I don't eat them but hubby and boys love them....I've done celeriac chips too....they are pretty expensive but deffo worthwhile and yes the off point is that it's a pretty big gadget ... And stuck on the work top....maybe I should get rid of the other gadgets I have been collecting through the years collecting dust in my cupboards lol x

Thats not a bad idea Lady Susie, i got the actifry because my friend had one and i went round for lunch and she had done us sweet potato and bns chips in it, i hadn't had them before but i loved them she was saying what else she did in it and i must admit i was impressed so i got one. everything i have done so far has been brilliant, but Ange is right you do have to find out the best spuds to put in it, maris piper and there is another variety keep their shape better plus you have to pat them dry before you put them in because otherwise the wrong potatoes or too much moisture make them squash up a bit as the paddle goes around. i have not done anything messy or saucy in mine, tho my friend has. it does get a bit dirty around the paddle but goes in dish washer so all good..

had basic egg n bacon this morning mmmmm it was lovely had to cook it in butter as had no oil, but wow made it even nicer. i think the gadget thread is good, we all have so much cupboard fodder which seemed like a great idea at the time!!! i put my actuary on the counter in my utility room with my microwave its a bit out of sight there and i don't have to keep getting it out and putting it away. husband hated it and moaned like mad when i got it but even he has to admit he likes it now.

LMAO I was wondering why you had an actuary in the kitchen :D

Sounds like you could do other veg in an actifry - like squash or garlic mmm

Last edited:
yes its pretty versatile i really loved butter nut squash chips but i think they are too high in carb for atkins aren't they?

i tend to stay on induction so will have the celeriac!!

Food today

B 2 eggs fried in butter, 3 thin rashers bacon
D sirloin steak, celeriac chips, small salad (cucumber, pepper & 1 tomato) dolop of mayo
S half cocoa chocolate bark mmmmmm

How do you know when something is cooked in an actifry? If I threw a handful of chicken wings in would I just sort of estimate by how they looked?

Usually they take a bit less time in there, i put them in usually for about 25 to 30 mins but if they are looking like they are done i check them sooner, i am not a great one for reading the books on anything, i just play with it and get used to it. sometimes i have to dig out a book when i get really stuck, but on the whole its pretty easy to guess. i find that most chips what ever they are made of take between 30 to 40 mins depending on what they are and the size, celeriac not so long about 20 to 25 i would say so far. sausages taste lovely from it..

I don't eat sausages ;) hmm maybe I'll ask for a Xmas actifry... And a bigger kitchen to put it in?

Yes agree sausages are great in actifry....I ordered mine from littlewoods first order so I got 10% off plus I spread the payments on interest free....it felt like a big investment :) for a gadget. Think it's a bit of trial and error with the cooking, chips normally take about 45 mins but when I do celeriac chips they take a lot less for some reason and if overdone they dehydrate and are not so nice.

I got mine online in some kind of offer on shopping channel long time ago now there are different sizes mine is not the small one but think there is one thats a bit bigger capacity yho cant really remember now my friens had smaller one n wished she had got bigger cooked my chicken in it today without paddle

Watching football now with eldest n waiting for plum crumble to cook torturing myself a bit ugh but they were off our tree n needed using up

B oopsies red leicester n mayo sarny
D pork belly strip n chicken thighs cauli n broccoli

Might have a choc cream snack later

Back