Stubbseys Diary - back in the zone!

I think I'm going to make some cream cheese pancakes with cinnamon tomorrow - recipe on the 'I breathe, I'm hungry' site.

I have not. Actually I don't think I've even seen the recipe, but I'll check it out.

Hi Guys,

Apologies if I am posting on the wrong board. I'm fairly new to mimimins.com and am still trying to figure it out...
I have been counting carbs/atkins-style I guess and would love it if you could help me?

Again, apologies if I'm posting on the wrong board, if so, could anyone indicate where to go from here?

Many thanks :)

Hi Sophie - no problem, it can be a bit confusing on here at first, there are so many threads.

I'd start a diary up in the diary section (back one step) here Atkins Diet - Diaries - that way, you can talk about what's working for you, what isn't and get advice, post your menus, etc - or just chat :)

Also have a good read of what we call "stickies" in the home page part of the Atkins section on Minimins Atkins Diet

These are permanent threads with loads of good advice - in particular, "So you're thinking of starting Atkins", the shopping list and the Just Recipes.

Hope that helps :D

Didnt feel too well yesterday, bit down too. Both my boys are ill, one tummy, the other flu. Hope im not getting either

Sorry your boys aren't well, this weather is making loads of people feel blah - but let's hope Mummy doesn't catch it! :)

girl i am friends with on mfp gave me this recipe she subbed the flour with coconut flour i was thinking of trying it with almond flour but i am so going to give this a go.....

Healthy Molten Chocolate Cake

Adapted from a recipe at AllRecipes.com

Serves 12
Ingredients:
1 cup (2 sticks) organic unsalted butter, cut into chunks
8 ounces 85% cacao chocolate, broken up (I used Lindt)
5 eggs
1 cup erythritol, powdered
1/2 teaspoon pure stevia extract
Pinch of unrefined sea salt
4 teaspoons gluten-free flour (oat, buckwheat, etc.)

Preparation:

Preheat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.

Set out eggs to bring to room temperature. Section out 3 chocolate bars into seven pieces each, so you can measure out the ounces (each piece is .5 ounces). Chop up chocolate. Melt butter and chocolate together for 30 seconds in the microwave, and stir. Melt mixture for 15 second intervals, and stir until smooth. Whisk together eggs. Add beaten eggs, erythritol, stevia, and salt to chocolate mixture. Stir in GF flour. Pour into 12 silicone muffin cups and bake for about 14 minutes (check at 12), or until puffed up and still a bit moist looking on the tops. Do NOT overbake. Let cakes sit in muffin pans for one minute, and then invert cakes on to individual serving dishes. Dust with powdered erythritol, or top with fresh whipped cream and berries, if desired. Consume immediately while warm and gooey!
Wrap up leftover cakes after they have cooled, and nuke them (unwrapped) for 15-25 seconds to get them gooey again.
~4.5g net carbs per cake

Other blog posts you might like:

Started feeling like i had a sore throat yesterday but it seems to have gone thankfully! Went out yerterday saw GI Joe and had a steak salad. How come plain chicken wings have so many calories!? There is nothing on them?

i cant help feeling like mfp have the values wrong because there were as many calories in the few wings as i had in my 2 chicken legs and that can not be right. i went for raw chicken wings too... i cant help think that their wings must be a whole portion of breast and wing? not sure but it doesnt seem at all right anyway.

going out tonight with my friend Nikki, going to see a group called Skadekat who are a kind of madness/specials band they are very popular and i expect the little venue to get packed.should be good tho as they are very good.

bought a pair of jeans today and shocked myself because they are just normal blue jeans, not the usual print ones i have been going for. maybe i am starting to act my age... nah!

I think about 5 plain wings is usually about 300 cals. They're the fattiest part of the bird so they're great for us on Atkins but in general they're hard to calorie count - I never manage to get all the meat off so the actual total is likely a wee bit less. It also depends on the size of the chicken, the amount of fat on the chicken etc. impossible to be totally accurate.

Protein and carbs actually have the same number of calories gram for gram - 4 calories per gram. Fat has 9 calories per gram. However studies recently have shown that protein is likely to be lower in calories than the traditionally accepted 4g and carbs may be slightly higher.

It's a very imprecise business, calorie counting. But if you're in ketosis you really don't need to worry as much about your daily intake, as long as its not crazy amounts!

i think i will stick with the king prawn skewer starter from now on rather than the wings then. i know calories are not such an issue but i do like to try to be more accurate with it. I found some sausages that i really like now, they are the Chef and Farmer pork chipolatas which i got in tesco. i am sure you have all probably tired them already but 2 of them had just one carb. the skins were not hard like some they tasted right too so that is a me sorted now!!

Well its day 4 of my 30 day squat challenge, 70 squats done in one go, knees sounded like an explosion in a fire cracker factory, but... They are done for today! Happy Easter everyone! I have made cocoa bark and sugar free jelly for me and a lovely fattening trifle for everyone else x

Oh love sorry but your description of your knees did make me laugh- just how mine would sound :D

But so very well done for doing all those squats!

Enjoy the bark.

not been feeling well, achey, headache, sick feeling, tired. but feeling a little on the mend, been good foodwise tho tho i did partake of rather a few beverages last night, about 5 double bombay sapphire gins to be honesst.. hoc

How long have you been feeling unwell for hon? Doesn't sound much fun.

Back