Stubbseys Diary - back in the zone!

only for a couple of days, it came out a bit more yesterday had a headache all day and all evening, thank goodness i feel better today as i have to go to work tonight my first shift back yuck yuck yuck!!

Funeral, insecurities and insomnia ugh then bit of joy from the scales finally tipped below 11 stone woo hoo i may be 10 stone 13 but it sounds so much better tham 11

Well done, glad to see you are still loosing.

thank you lovelies.. its been sticking for a while but i was shrinking inches so i was not upset by it.

ages ago i cooked a cauliflower cheese from one of the recipes on here i am not sure if it was one that Ml told me or someone else but i have forgotten how to do it, it was relatively simple but a lovely creamy cheese sauce so any suggestions?

NSV today got a new top from next this morning size 12, saw the new me in the full length mirror and thought for once i am actually starting to look small. what a fantastic feeling.

i was very very naughty the other night i had a bit of a sweet carb binge, was planning a day off for sunday, but decided against it because i had such a terrible binge on saturday, i wont list what i had because it was DISGUSTING... got it out of my system tho, back on track and back to feeling GOOD...

so any ideas on the recipe for cauliflower cheese??

Hi, I've bumped a cheese sauce receipe for you, it is in the receipe section. I have used it a few times and it is good, but very rich. I sometimes make a cheese sauce in the traditional manner but use much less flour about 1/4 of what you would usually use and cream cheese, which helps thicken it. I also use soya milk instead of ordinary. It works out about 4 carbs for 200ml. You can also use soya milk, an egg and cheese.

Hi stubbsey, fantastic on the size 12 Next top, I find Next stuff to be quite small! Did you suffer any nasty side effects after your binge? I find I can't get away with any sugar at all, get horrid headaches and nausea.

For cauli cheese I do cream cheese, single cream, cheddar and a bit of coleman's. It needs a bit of faffing with quantities to get the right consistency, and make sure the boiled cauli is well drained or it'll be really watery when you mix it together.

thank you for the recipes i am sure i had a nice one that Ml posted once if i could only remember where that would be on the diary pages! it was simple and delicious.

didnt have any effect from binge, not even ongoing hunger or craving, i woke up the next morning which was meant to be a planned day off, and i thought no way am i going to do the day off, or i may end up not being able to get back in the zone, plus i had eaten enough rubbish for a lifetime in only a few hours. it was quite disgusting!! lol

Well done on not letting sat sending you off course.

yes i was quite proud of that, i think if i had allowed myself the sunday off as i had planned i would have found it a lot harder. i actually feel bad when i go off plan now that i want to get straight back on it asap

i bought some quest bars, some of my american friends on mfp had been having them and they contain no sugar alcohols etc i thought i would get some, so i ordered a pack of peanut butter flavour from ebay, they are lovely but have about 21g of carb in them... eek but i am trying to limit myself to only having them on the days i am very low on carbs. morish tho, and i have a bit of a job keeping my son away from them lol

been to one of his gigs tonight in canterbury it was very good, took some videos which i have to upload to facebook for him. he has a london gig next week, quite a bit venue supporting a pretty well known band. nobody mega famous but his promoter is getting them some good venue gigs now.

off to bed now take care everyone xx

Hi stubsey,

ive been reading in the background whilst waiting for months to get my account validated. Have enjoyed your diary and hope you are keeping well?

hello fellow low carbers i have not been around for some time, life has been a little busy and thrown me a few curve balls - but here i am back in the harness!! i have put on a stone since my best ever weight and this is day three of induction to try to get back on the losing streak. I did try weight watchers for a while due to some lifestyle change but it only really worked for a week then my carb addiction sealed my fate... so here i am, back enjoying my eggs n bacon, my chicken cooked in butter mmmmm why did i ever think of stopping? well, its a long story...

i went off the plan back in june i had a training course very very very intense and stressful, ended up taking refuge in the love of a few donuts... then the rot set it. It didn't help that i met a man named Gary, who has fast become the love of my life. i have never been so happy, content and so absolutely sorted! family situation took a big old turn for the worst and my ex (who still lives with me ... ultra long story) dropped a vile bombshell, one of many throughout the years i have known him, but this one actually took the biscuit, it was so vile and so beyond decency i can not wait to get away from him once and for all. a little difficult as both boys rely on us at the moment and are living at home, i know the situation will change but its hard right now trying to get past the revelation and keep the home going.

in all that my diet went out the window, plus going out for meals with Gary etc having ice cream at the cinema etc.... tut tut well back on track now

in the back of my mind i have the fear that it wont actually work this time round. i know the things i have to do, i know it worked for me before, but i guess because i have gained i have lost my confidence.

so wonder who is still around, who is new, who has some fabulous recipes to try.... i am still looking for a really fantastic cauliflower cheese recipe good on induction.. can anyone help?

Hi Stubbsey!

ive just downloaded a 99p 1000 carb recipe book from itunes which is fab! it covers all phases, courses and gives carb count :) im going to give most a try and put faves on here! theres also a great website (a bit like virtual ponboard) to 'pin' fave recipes and ideas onto ...ideal for tablets when cooking in kitchen xK

Back