Stubbseys kitchen

stubbsey

Silver Member
Hi,

posted the oopsie recipe and if i added anymore to that i dont think anyone would see them and as i cant change the name i thought i would start a new one and put the oopsie one on there too. I dont usually measure things so i may be slow to add some because i cant just put a good shake of this and a glugg of that... but i will try to work some out to put on here!

OOPSIE ROLLS

3oz cream cheese
3 eggs
pinch of cream of tarter

some salt
1 tbsp ground flaxseed

separate the eggs, whip the whites with the cream of tarter until stiff. Mix the yokes with the, salt, flaxseed and cream cheese. When the whites are really stiff, fold them into the yokes. (I fold my cream cheese mix into my whites) then place on lined baking sheet in either rounds which need to be flattened (so they look like baps) or you can make one large one in a rectangle and bake for 25 mins in oven mine is a fan so i do it at 160

take out and cool a little and peel off the backing sheet

you can add a little splenda and cinnamon, or just experiment with them.

its also worth checking the oven before the time as it depends on how large you make them and how good seal is in the oven etc...

Tracy's Chicken and Bacon thing

Ingredients
Chicken Breasts (I usually have 2)
Bacon rashers (same amount as chicken, i use either back bacon or medallions)
Tomato Puree
Cheddar Cheese
Paprika
Olive Oil

Method

On tin foil place bacon, add some tomato puree on top and cheddar cheese (you can make these without cheese, i do both) on top of the cheese place the chicken breast.
Drizzle olive oil over the chicken and sprinkle how ever much paprika you like (i use a lot coz i like it)
Wrap the tin foil around to make a parcel
Bake in oven for 35 mins (temp i use is 180c

I have these with roasted veg...
I dice courgette, pepper, red onion, mushroom & tomato (sometimes aubergine tho i dont like the colour it goes) you can add any veg you like and drizzle with a little olive oil (again i sprinkle paprika on it which is optional) I cover it with tin foil and roast with the chicken for approx 35 mins taking the foil off the veg half way through and giving it a stir round.... mmmmmmmmmm

CAULIFLOWERPIZZA CRUST (MOZZERELLA)

1/2 LARGE head cauliflower (or 2+ cups shredded cauliflower)
1 large egg
1 cup finely shredded mozzarella cheese (or try another kind!)
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon dried minced garlic (or fresh garlic)
1/2 teaspoon onion salt

Directions:
1. Shred the cauliflower into small crumbles. You can use the foodprocessor if you'd like, but you just want crumbles, not puree. You'll need atotal of about 2 cups or so of cauliflower crumbles (which is about half alarge head of cauliflower. Place the cauliflower crumbles in a large bowl andmicrowave them (dry) for 8 minutes (see Tips below if you do not have amicrowave). Give the cauliflower a chance to cool.
2. Prepare the crust: Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. Spray acookie sheet or pizza pan with nonstick spray (or use a nonstick surface). In amedium bowl, mix the cauliflower crumbles (about 1 1/2 cups since they shrinkafter cooking) with the remaining crust ingredients. Pat the "crust"into a 9 to 12-inch round on the prepared pan. Spray the crust lightly withnonstick spray and bake for 15 minutes (or until golden).
THIS WAS TAKEN FROM AN AMERICAN RECIPE HENSE THE CUPS, I DID MINE ABOUT180 IN FAN OVEN JUST KEPT AN EYE ON IT SO KNEW WHEN IT WAS DONE, I BOUGHT APIZZA BASE TRAY TOO AND IT MADE ONE THE WHOLE SIZE, I JUST PUT SOME PARCHMENTON TO MAKE SURE IT DIDN’T STICK.

Adding this recipe for KFC Definately needs tweaking but wondering if instead of the bread could use flax or a mim ? But gives amounts of spices etc to add

10 x Chicken Drumsticks or 4 Chicken Breasts
1 x Tub Chicken Bovril Paste
1 x Egg
1 x Clove of Garlic crushed (optional if you dont like garlic)
2 x Teaspoons of Ground Black Pepper (optional)
2 x Teaspoons of Mixed Spice (optional)
1 x Teaspoon of mild chilli powder (optional)
4 x Slices brown bread
2 x Teaspoons mixed herbes

Method
Place chicken drummers/chicken breasts in a deep pan fill with water. Bring to the boil and simmer for 30 mins. Drain and leave to cool. When cool remove the skin and pat dry. Cut chicken breasts into strips.

Place the bread and mixed herbes into a food processor and blend until crumbled and empty onto a large dish. Scoop out all the bovril paste into a small bowl. Mix in the egg, crushed garlic, pepper, spice and chilli until you have a gloopy paste.

Now for the fun bit, but before you start switch on the oven to its highest setting and have a baking tray sprayed with fry light on stand by. Using a spoon carefully dribble the paste all over a chicken drummer/strip then roll it in

[h=2]Meatzza[/h]
found this on Nigelissimo and thought with a bit of tweeking it could be good for atkins, thought i could whizz up oopsie rolls again to make the breadcrumbs or i am sure mim or flaxbread would work or even flax

Ingredients

[h=2]Preparation method[/h]
  • Preheat the oven to 220C/425F/Gas 7.
  • In a large bowl, using your hands, combine the mince, parmesan, breadcrumbs or oats, parsley, eggs, garlic, and add some salt and pepper. Do not overwork it, just lightly mix together or the meat will become compacted and dense.
  • Butter a round baking tin of about 28cm/11in diameter and turn the meat into it, pressing the mixture lightly with your fingers to cover the bottom as if the seasoned minced meat were your pizza crust.
  • Make sure you’ve drained as much runny liquid as possible out of your can of chopped tomatoes, then mix the tomato with the garlic oil, oregano and some salt and pepper and spread, using a rubber spatula, lightly on top of the meat base. Arrange the mozzarella slices on top, and then put in the oven for 20-25 minutes, by which time the meat should be cooked through and lightly set and the mozzarella melted.
  • Remove from the oven and let it sit for five minutes, then adorn with some basil leaves and bring it to the table before cutting into wedges, like a pizza.

found this recipe on mfp which was posted a while back, its a pizza made with oopsies, i am not sure if the base will be sturdy enough for pizza but this person says it works... i don't put sweetener in my oopsies, i don't think it should be there for savoury dishes but hey... i will post it as they posted it, feel free to try it or play around with it and let me know how it turns out ...

Ingredients -

3 large eggs
1 packet of splenda (or sugar sub of your choice)
dash of salt
pinch of cream of tartar (approx 1/8 tsp)
3 oz cream cheese (I used the 1/3 less fat, could use regular, but do not suggest using fat free)
1/2 tbsp butter

2 cups mozzarella cheese for topping
3/4 cup pizza sauce (I used Trader Joe's fat free pizza sauce)

Seasoning I used for the crust - oregano, basil, salt, pepper, granulated onion, and granulated garlic - no measurements taken just eyeballed.

any additional toppings you like!

Directions -

Preheat oven to 300 degrees f.

Separate the eggs and add Splenda, salt and cream cheese to the yolks. set aside. Using a mixer, add the cream of tartar to the egg whites and whip until stiff (recipe said about 3-5 minutes, mine took about 6 to 7 min). Next use the mixer to blend the egg yolk mixture. Once blended well, add the seasoning and mix in. Using a spatula, gradually fold the egg yolk mixture into the egg white mixture, being careful not to break down the egg whites (once mixed batter should look frothy).

Grease (I used the 1/2 tbsp butter) an aluminum disposable pizza pan, and spoon mixture onto the pan (do not pour batter, spoon it in spots on the pan to ensure even thickness), slightly patting the mixture down with spoon to fill into the pan.

Stick the "crust" into the oven and bake for 20 minutes (my oven only took 15 and the top was browned well)

After removing the crust from the oven, stick it in the fridge for approx 7 to 10 minutes to let cool down before adding the sauce.

Turn the oven up to 400 degrees f once you take the crust out of the oven before cooling.

(once cooled, I flipped the crust over before putting on the sauce to ensure even cooking, may stick to the bottom alittle, so carefully skim underneath with a spatula to release it from the pan.

Add the tomato sauce, cheese and any other toppings. Put pizza back in the oven and bake for another 30 minutes or until cheese starts to bubble. (mine only took approx 18 min)

Makes 8 slices

Nutrition info in 1 slice

Calories - 151.2
Fat - 11g
Sat Fat - 5.9g
Sodium - 372.8mg
Carbs - 4g
Fiber - .8g
Sugar - 1.5g
Protein - 11.9g

Net Carbs - 3.2

saw this on a site too

Crispy Celeriac Chips
Celeriac root
Water
Salt
Oil

1. Cut outer skin from celeriac.
2. Slice into 1/8″ slices.
3. Soak in cold, salted water for 20 minutes.
4. Cook in 350 degree oil in small batches for about five minutes, or until golden.
5. Drain on paper towels.

Nutritional information per 3.5 ounces raw celeriac: Calories: 42*, Carbohydrates: 9.2, Fiber: 1.8, Net Carbohydrates: 7.4, Protein: 1.5 , Fat: .3g
*Add 100 calories per serving for oil residual from frying.

Curried Celeriac Soup

50g butter
1 celeriac diced
1 leek
1 onion
1 clove garlic
1 litre stock

1 tbsp curry paste

Method

Soften the leek, onion & garlic in the butter.
Add Celeriac and stock and cook for 30 mins.
Blitz when cooked and stir in the curry paste.

To die for!!!

CHEESY BREAD PIZZA CRUST

3 large eggs
3 tablespoons buttermilk -- (or dry red wine)
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1/3 cup Parmesan cheese (I used the canned)
3 tablespoons
almond flour
1 tablespoon
psyllium seed husk powder
1 tablespoon
nutritional yeast flakes
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
2 drops liquid sucralose -- (OR sweetener equal to 1 tbsp.)--optional but I think it adds to the flavor

Preheat oven to 350F. Place parchment paper onto 12-inch pizza pan or baking sheet.

In small bowl, combine eggs, buttermilk OR wine, olive oil, Parmesan Cheese, almond flour, psyllium powder, nutritional flakes, baking powder, and liquid sucralose. With electric mixer, beat until smooth. Let sit a minute to thicken slightly.

Pour out onto pizza pan OR baking sheet, and spread evenly with spatula until it reaches the edges of the pan. Bake about 15 minutes. Remove from oven and top with your favorite sauce and pizza toppings and bake longer until cheese is melted.

Cut into 8 slices.

Almond Buns
Almond buns - perfect for breakfast sandwiches, open faced sandwiches or as a burger bun.
5/5
Prep Time: 5 months, 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15 months, 15 minutes
Total Time: 20 months, 20 minutes
Yield: 3 buns (6 pieces)
Serving Size: 2
Calories per serving: 373

Ingredients

• 3/4 Cup Bob's Red Mill Almond Flour
  • 2 Large Eggs
  • 5 Tbsp Unsalted Butter
  • 1.5 tsp Splenda (optional)
  • 1.5 tsp Baking Powder
Cooking Directions

• Combine the dry ingredients in a bowl
  • Whisk in the eggs
  • Melt butter, add to mixture and whisk
  • Divide mixture equally into 6 parts, place into a Muffin Top pan or equivalent
  • Bake for 12-17 minutes at 350 degrees (varies by oven, watch the first time)
  • Let cool on a wire rack.

Keto Specific (two pieces, one bun):

• Calories: 373
  • Net Carbs: 4
  • Carbs: 7
  • Fiber: 3
  • Fat: 35
  • Protein: 10

[h=3]Ginger Cakes [/h]

These are delicious. Perfect for holiday gift giving to the low carber in your life. I am bringing them to a little get together tonight. Not low carbers, but they will like them anyway. I love the flavors of ginger and spice and these little cakes fit the bill. Old world holiday flavor. The base is almond flour, so they are rich. I love the way almond flour gives a little crusty edge. That is why I like these cakes in small baking dishes rather than a full loaf. I love the edges the most. You can use a regular loaf, but it is not nearly as fun.

Ginger Cakes
2 1/2 cups blanched almond flour
3/4 cup sweetener equivalent to sugar
4 tsp ground ginger
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 1/2 tsp allspice
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp ground cloves
3 eggs at room temperature
1/2 cup melted coconut oil
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
3 tbsp powdered sweetener
2 tsp cream

In a medium bowl, combine almond flour, sweetener if using a dry variety, ginger, cinnamon, allspice, nutmeg, baking powder and cloves. In a small bowl, beat eggs. Add the eggs to the dry ingredients, then add the coconut oil and vanilla. If the batter becomes too thick, heat it in the microwave for 45 seconds. This will remelt the coconut oil which may solidify if the eggs were cold. Spoon batter into mini loaf pans or muffin tins.Smooth the top with the back of a spoon. Bake at 350 degrees for 30-40 minutes, depending on the size of the bakeware. Let the cakes cool in the pan.
Prepare the glaze by combining powdered sweetener and cream. Stir until dissolved and drizzle over the cooled cakes.

Makes 2 mini loaves.

Chicken Parmesan

• 3 Boneless skinless chicken breasts
• 2 eggs
• 1 cup Almond flour
• ½ cup Grated parmesan cheese
• 1 T Basil
• 1 T Oregano
• ¾ T Garlic powder
• ¾ T Onion powder
• Salt + Pepper
• 1 cup Marinara Sauce
• ¾ cup Shredded mozzarella

1. In a bowl beat 2 eggs, you can add a little water if you want to make an egg wash.
2. Mix Parmesan cheese, almond flour, and spices in a bowl.
3. Dip chicken in egg wash then flour mixture. Shake off excess and repeat for a double dredge.
4. Place chicken in a casserole dish greased with about 2 T Olive oil.
5. Bake in a pre-heated 350 F oven for approximately 30-35 minutes.
6. Spread marinara and mozzarella over chicken. Bake for 10 more minutes.
7. Internal temp of chicken should be 165 F.

CHEESY CHORIZO BREAKFAST BAKE

INGREDIENTS
9 oz. Pork Chorizo
4 oz. Onion - Thinly sliced
2 Tbs. Butter
2 Tbs. Garlic - Minced
6 Eggs
2/3 Cup Sharp Cheddar Cheese - Shredded
1/2 Cup Parmesan Cheese - Grated
4 oz. Cream Cheese
4 oz. Cremini Mushrooms - Sliced
Salt and Pepper - To taste
(2 Tbs. Peace and Love)
***optional toppings - sour cream and green onions***

DIRECTIONS
In a large saute pan over low-medium heat, saute sliced onions in butter and garlic. Saute until onions are nice and caramelized - About 20 minutes

At the same time, in a second saute pan, saute the chorizo and mushrooms over medium heat until the chorizo is cooked all the way through and the mushrooms are tender.

Remove excess grease from chorizo, reduce heat to low and mix in cream cheese until well combined. Add chorizo mixture to the caramelized onion and mix until all ingredients are well incorporated.

Crack eggs into a large mixing bowl and fork whisk. Mix in sharp cheddar and Parmesan cheese.

Preheat oven to 350°

In an 8 x 8 glass baking dish, pour chorizo mixture into the bottom of it. Pour the egg/cheese mixture on top. Mix just slightly until come of the chorizo shows in the eggs layer.

Bake uncovered, on the middle rack for 30 minutes. Serve and enjoy!

Makes 8 Servings:
1 Serving:
Calories: 292
Carbs: 5 net g
Fat: 23 g
Protein: 17 g

***These nutritional facts do not include the optional sour cream and green onions. But I suggest adding them as they really enhance the dish. ***

girl i am friends with on mfp gave me this recipe she subbed the flour with coconut flour i was thinking of trying it with almond flour but i am so going to give this a go.....

Healthy Molten Chocolate Cake
Adapted from a recipe at AllRecipes.com
Serves 12
Ingredients:
1 cup (2 sticks) organic unsalted butter, cut into chunks
8 ounces 85% cacao chocolate, broken up (I used Lindt)
5 eggs
1 cup erythritol, powdered
1/2 teaspoon pure stevia extract
Pinch of unrefined sea salt
4 teaspoons gluten-free flour (oat, buckwheat, etc.)

Preparation:
Preheat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
Set out eggs to bring to room temperature. Section out 3 chocolate bars into seven pieces each, so you can measure out the ounces (each piece is .5 ounces). Chop up chocolate. Melt butter and chocolate together for 30 seconds in the microwave, and stir. Melt mixture for 15 second intervals, and stir until smooth. Whisk together eggs. Add beaten eggs, erythritol, stevia, and salt to chocolate mixture. Stir in GF flour. Pour into 12 silicone muffin cups and bake for about 14 minutes (check at 12), or until puffed up and still a bit moist looking on the tops. Do NOT overbake. Let cakes sit in muffin pans for one minute, and then invert cakes on to individual serving dishes. Dust with powdered erythritol, or top with fresh whipped cream and berries, if desired. Consume immediately while warm and gooey!
Wrap up leftover cakes after they have cooled, and nuke them (unwrapped) for 15-25 seconds to get them gooey again.
~4.5g net carbs per cake

Other blog posts you might like:

Back