Extra Easy Stuck in the mud

meerkat_nat

I need some help.......iam stuck ......this is the 3rd time i have got stuck at this current weight. I wanted to loose 4stone, ive lost 2 and keep plato-ing around half way.

Its not even like im near target. Im not but i just cant drop down into nxt stone and ive done loads, ive had soup week and iam regimented in my meals.

Just feel stuck, week 5 of bobbing around this weight! :banghead:

Hi,
Nat I know how you feel. I have to yo'ed over the years and everytime. Platoed at 13.8 however this week I lost 2 lbs. My biggests for a while.
Last week I changed a few things.
1 . Planned 7 days food did the shopping. Just made the meals in the order I wanted on the day.
2. Eaten more melon and strawberries between meals ( normally have pom bears )

It's like I've pressed the restart button. I have found my determination again and my body probably thinks I'm on a new plan.

Going to do the same this week but try and drink more water.

Hope this helps.

Good luck ☺

Hi,
Nat I know how you feel. I have to yo'ed over the years and everytime. Platoed at 13.8 however this week I lost 2 lbs. My biggests for a while.
Last week I changed a few things.
1 . Planned 7 days food did the shopping. Just made the meals in the order I wanted on the day.
2. Eaten more melon and strawberries between meals ( normally have pom bears )

It's like I've pressed the restart button. I have found my determination again and my body probably thinks I'm on a new plan.

Going to do the same this week but try and drink more water.

Hope this helps.

Good luck ☺
Iam just stickin with it as iam and hoping its s girl bloating thing because as far as i can see iam not doing anything incorrectly.
I will try some sp dsys and eat less yogurts maybe but that really the only thing i have that stopping my day from being SP.
Iam also lookingvat the fruits i eat and im going to just eat speed fruit
Keep up your good work tho!!!

Iam craving cake like you wouldnt believe!

And i wouldnt mind but i successfully avoided caving at the macmillion coffee morning at work which had so many cakes that i just wanted to faceplant!!
Includint two huge costco cakes!!

A couple of the ladies in my group are having a similar problem in that they seem to have plateaued for a few weeks. My consultant suggested that for one week they consider following one of the sample 7 day menus on the Slimming World website. There's an Extra Easy SP menu on there, which might help boost you in the right direction if you've been stuck for a while. Last weigh-in one of them did follow a menu for the week and managed a 2lb loss so it may be that you just need to mix things up a bit.

Do you find that you eat similar things each day for your syns and healthy extras? If so, could you have a bit more variety? I try to use at least 3 different things for my HEBs each week (for me, usually bread one day, oats 2-3 days and nuts for the rest of the days) and try to maintain a balance of milk and cheese for the HEAs (though cheese often wins...).

I also find that the weeks I don't drink much water are the weeks where my losses are smaller. When I up my water intake my losses seem to show more (I basically live on coffee during the day so I have to make a conscious effort to drink more water). Is this something that you think might help?

Also, huge well done for not caving with the cakes! That's some serious willpower! :bunnydance:

A couple of the ladies in my group are having a similar problem in that they seem to have plateaued for a few weeks. My consultant suggested that for one week they consider following one of the sample 7 day menus on the Slimming World website. There's an Extra Easy SP menu on there, which might help boost you in the right direction if you've been stuck for a while. Last weigh-in one of them did follow a menu for the week and managed a 2lb loss so it may be that you just need to mix things up a bit.

Do you find that you eat similar things each day for your syns and healthy extras? If so, could you have a bit more variety? I try to use at least 3 different things for my HEBs each week (for me, usually bread one day, oats 2-3 days and nuts for the rest of the days) and try to maintain a balance of milk and cheese for the HEAs (though cheese often wins...).

I also find that the weeks I don't drink much water are the weeks where my losses are smaller. When I up my water intake my losses seem to show more (I basically live on coffee during the day so I have to make a conscious effort to drink more water). Is this something that you think might help?

Also, huge well done for not caving with the cakes! That's some serious willpower! :bunnydance:
I wouldnt mind but i have recently been trying new meals. I am trying sp days, ive discovered hot choc and quark desserts as my treat which is setiously good! But it must be 4th week now and hovering

I do drink alot of coffee and never water, but thats never been an issue.......i cant drink too much as i cant keep nippin the loo in my job

I am the same, I am stuck and fighting my mind so hard to keep trying, I have reached just over half way to my goal and am yoyoing a few pounds because I can't seem to focus at the moment. I've been wondering if I'm eating too many yoghurts, or I've heard people say that if they have the full amount of HEB's they don't lose, but I can't seem to do it without them (Green days so I get 2 of each). I've also been craving cake and chocolate but its the time of the month coming up the next few days so I expect it and try to look for cakey recipes/ideas. Preparation is key, so I recommend doing what I've done today and shopped a load of stuff I can eat, and tonight I will print of lots of meal ideas and then do as much cooking tomorrow as I can so I have meals ready for the week. Good luck :)

I personally couldbt be more organised atm....i am batch cooking and taking sp meals into work. Ive stopped the yogurts and been eating quark hot choc desserts coz there at least sp!!!

I wonder would it be worth swapping out some carbs? I'm not saying swap it all out but maybe just bread or rice for a few days, to see if that works. Perhaps instead of having rice this week, maybe have cauli rice or cous cous? Maybe your body just needs a little shake up out of its normal habits?

I'm not far enough along in my own journey to experience this, but just something that gets recommended in my group when people go through similar experiences. I know one lady who resorts to just having a fruit day once a week, as she has been stuck on the same lb for 4/5 weeks now. I'm not sure how good/bad that is for your body though :/

Yeah thats what i am currently doing. I avoid carbs at the best of times and more recentlt been having butternutsquash noodles and veg insteaf o jackets or rice. But then i do need some carbs so i have a bread roll or something every few days coz i cant imagine its effective not eating carbs at all.

Its got to move eventually right.....so ill just stuck at it but its definayly not so effective sw when youve done it for years already

I am the same, I am stuck and fighting my mind so hard to keep trying, I have reached just over half way to my goal and am yoyoing a few pounds because I can't seem to focus at the moment. I've been wondering if I'm eating too many yoghurts, or I've heard people say that if they have the full amount of HEB's they don't lose, but I can't seem to do it without them (Green days so I get 2 of each). I've also been craving cake and chocolate but its the time of the month coming up the next few days so I expect it and try to look for cakey recipes/ideas. Preparation is key, so I recommend doing what I've done today and shopped a load of stuff I can eat, and tonight I will print of lots of meal ideas and then do as much cooking tomorrow as I can so I have meals ready for the week. Good luck :)

Hi there - can you confirm where the info comes that you get 2 HEB on green days? I re started last night and although I understand the extra easy plan, I am vegetarian so I am happy to just do the old-style greed days with 2 HEB's (which helps me vastly as I love cheese and I need a way to get some!) but my consultant said I could only follow the Extra Easy. I don't understand why the old green day would suddenly stop working? If you can point me to SW official line on this it would be great.

Back