Students thread

hey everyone im 1st year sociology and criminology at keele.. mature student :/ ... dieting, kids and uni are not friends!¬ lol xx

Hi nicolaann :) Welcome to the student thread. I'm also doing sociology as well as psychology. How are you finding the sociology? The history is a tad boring but personally I loved discussions on post/late modernity, the implantation of ICTs, risk society etc. I also love winding my sociology lecturers up by insisting that sociology is just psychology on a mass scale! LOL

I will be a 1st year Criminology & Vocal and Choral Studies (Combined honours) student at Winchester University in September! I can't wait!

I will be a 1st year Criminology & Vocal and Choral Studies (Combined honours) student at Winchester University in September! I can't wait!

Please excuse my ignorance but what is vocal and choral studies? Welcome to the thread btw :)

Should really do this :lol: Just about to finish my level 3 diploma, and already signed up to do a Welsh open uni course from October, it's never ending with these fun courses to do.

Hi *waves*

I'm currently doing a access to nursing course and then hopefully applying for Uni to do nursing. Can't wait but studying at home leaves temptations around even more. No wonder all I want is bad foods! x

Oh yay students!

Im starting uni in september, i will be studying law!

Am so excited yet soooo scared lol

Oh yay students!

Im starting uni in september, i will be studying law!

Am so excited yet soooo scared lol

Welcome to the group Miss J :)
I've just done my 1st year studying psychology and sociology and I offer you the following advice:
* Make use of every bit of help offered: PAL sessions, tutorials, the library...as Tesco keep telling us, every little helps!
* Be organised!
* If you don't understand something, don't be afraid to approach your lecturer.
* For the next three years your life is all about studying law...but don't forget to have a little fun too!
* Enjoy! going to uni is so cool, no matter what age you are.

Back