Stupid bus drivers

kingleds

Gold Member
I get the bus each morning to the train station and over the last few weeks have had a succesion of stupid bus drivers. A number have just forgotton to go to the station ( it only goes there weekday mornings) but today the driver actually got the bus stuck, yes STUCK going round a corner - after forgetting to go to the station. Is it just me, or is something very wrong here. As far as i can see as a bus driver your job is to drive competently around a set route!
Am v annoyed as missed my train 4 times in last few weeks as a result. Already having to get up at 5.30am to get this bus so don't want to get an earlier one!!
Grrrrr

That is appalling and sounds unbelievable that a bus driver does not know something as fundamentally basic as his route.

Love your doggie !!

Last edited:
If you're in the u.k. write to the Customer Services' person for your bus company. I complained to StageCoach last year as I live right at the end of a long route, on the edge of town, and the listed 'terminus' (a roadside stop with a small shelter) was about half a mile before the stop I needed to get off, and that's where the early evening buses were timetabled to finish their official routes before being bedded down for the night - although all the drivers had to drive on past my stop anyway. I had trouble with a few who either refused to stop there or pointed out that it wasn't an official stop for them at that time of day, which made things unpleasant. Anyway, as a result of my writing in and detailing the problem, I got a very nice letter back, with an apology, and the promise that the terminus would be changed to my stop at the next review. Which it was, and no trouble for the past year! Worth a try - good luck anyway!!

I once had to phone the bus company when the driver drove past a whole queue of passengers...and waved!!!! I was incensed! Rang the company immediately and received a letter a week later to say the driver had been suspended for it.
Nothing ever gets better unless you complain!

I thought it was just bus drivers in my area that were bad. Recently a stagecoach bus mounted the curb at high speed and knocked my grandmother over which killed her and last month a school bus went under a bridge resulting in the top half of the double decker being sliced straight off, hospitalizing about 20 kids. Stupid. I'm sure obv there are good drivers but in my experience they are too careless.

vic_palf said:
I thought it was just bus drivers in my area that were bad. Recently a stagecoach bus mounted the curb at high speed and knocked my grandmother over which killed her and last month a school bus went under a bridge resulting in the top half of the double decker being sliced straight off, hospitalizing about 20 kids. Stupid. I'm sure obv there are good drivers but in my experience they are too careless.

:O omg thats awful.

I'm so sorry to hear about your grandmother.

Hugs xx

Sent from Laura's iPhone using MiniMins

That is disgraceful and so sad .

hugs xxx

Thats truly awful - and puts my being slightly late for work into perspective.

Thank you for your kind words. It was right outside our house too. She was 80 years old bless her.

The driver tried to close the door and started to drive off as I was getting off the bus the other day. His excuse - I didn't see you! Well, either this diet is working or I had my cloak of invisibility with me that day.

Not see me? At this size?

Actually, the vast majority of bus drivers in our town are brilliant, and to be fair this driver was really sorry that he had made a mistake, and there was no harm done.

Back