stupid sleep paterns..

ColJack

Gold Member
I can't sleep because I've gotten used to staying up 'til 2 or 3 in the morning and not getting up 'til 10 or 11...
I've got to be up at 7 to get to my new job... :cry:

I went to bed at about 11pm, but wasn't sleepy so I put the telly on.. :mad:

I can't just lie there in the dark if I'm not sleepy...

1. You have to get up early no matter what time you went to sleep.

Therefore, on day one, you'll only get 3-4 hours, which will suck, but you'll get tired earlier, allowing you to fall into a better pattern. Been there, done that. Days 1-3 will KILL; your eyes will burn and you'll feel like a zombie, but the minute you get home, you'll be tired. I recommend starting on a weekend, so you don't have to drive.

2. No caffeine or stimulants at least 2 hours before bed. This includes TV. If you really can't sleep despite this, reading a book or listening to music is probably a better bet.

3. Once you've set up a decent pattern, you need to wake up at the same time everyday to keep it going.

This is how I regulated (and am re-regulating) myself after years of cuddling up to my insomnia. HTH.

I've got the same problem!! And I probably drank too much diet coke!

Why not read something really boring like the tv guide or the phone book, you'll be asleep in no time!!

And at least if you're tired tomorrow you shouldn't struggle get back into routine then

Try having a really hot bath, as that helps relax the muscles and the heat makes me very sleepy, even prior before when I am not that sleepy!

I'm in the same boat, I'm dreading going back to work. I've tried reconditioning myself but when I get up early I tend to fall asleep after tea for about half and hour and then can't sleep again at night lol.

Back