Stupidly weighed myself before the weigh in...:(

charliebecca

I just couldnt wait as i was nervous about gaining again. And im sts! I know its better than gaining...got 2 days till the weigh in.. has anyone else lost in this short of time ??

:( Demotivated now

Your weight will naturally fluctuate throughout the week - just stick to plan (make sure you have those Syns!) and you might be surprised come WI!

Oh dear! It's hard to resist, isn't it?

I'm one of those 'naughty' people who weighs themselves every day - I do it because I like to get to understand those natural fluctuations that go on depending on what you've eaten, how much you've been drinking (as in water, not alcohol!) and what time of month it is.

Bizarre as it sounds, depending on all the above factors, my weight can (and regularly does) fluctuate between 5-7lbs from morning till bedtime!

Try not to get demotivated. You could be retaining water today, and it could mean absolutely nothing re: your weigh-in. Or you could be having a STS week. Regardless, your body will do as it pleases, and more often than not a STS if you've been 100% on plan will result in a very good weight loss the following week. Frustrating, but natural.

Chin up! Don't let yourself get down :)
Rx

i hope this helps
i weigh myself regular i can't help it. and all last week my wii was saying i'd put on so i worked really hard to get it from 4lb on to sts but i was still nervous sw scales would say i'd put on even though last week they was the same.
anyway i weighted in with a 2.5lb loss and slimming of the week.
so don't worry to much hun but still keep pushing

I weigh myself every day, and have done for as long as I can remember.

Last Tuesday (WI day) I was 19st 7lb in the morning - personal best at the time lol. The day after I was ¾lb heavier!! The morning after another 1lb heavier!! And the morning after that another ¼lb heavier again!! No idea why, had stuck to plan, had been exercising a usual amount too. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't bothered, but I wasn't BOTHERED if you know what I mean lol. I've been on this plan long enough to know it works, and to trust it.

I had lost ½lb of it by Saturday, but put ¼lb of it back on again yesterday GRRR. Was then 19st 8¾lb for those who haven't caught up, despite being only 19st 7lb back on the morning of WI day last Tuesday.

But this morning ... I was 19st 6½lb, a full ½lb lighter than last WI day :)

And WI is tomorrow.

I will continue to weigh myself daily until such time as it hinders my progress on the plan, or it unfocuses me from my long-term goals.

But I will never understood why weight fluctuates like it does lol.

My advice:
> If weighing daily or in between official weigh ins is in any way a negative thing for you, stop it
> trust the plan. Follow it 100% and you can trust it.

All the best :)

The effect of over-eating on one day will have NO effect on your weight that can be measured on convential scales. Consistent over-eating (ie EVERYDAY not just 1 day) is required to cause weight gain of any significance. There are clever mechanisms that ensure we handle occasional excess energy in a way that does not lead to weight gain - providing we are eating regularly and reasonably healthy at other times. I did read an interesting research article that stated if you reduce your salt intake, the weight on the scales would be less as you have less fluid retention. Eating more fruit and veg because the potassium these contain, helps to displace excess sodium from the body.

I usually find that I am heavier right up until the day before I weigh in and then miraculously over night I loose it all!
Dont go and weigh yourself in between Hun as you will be more tempted to give up and eat rubbish as you will probably think there isnt any point sticking to it for the rest of the week as you have either gained or STS...wrong!!!! Lol.
Just wait until official weigh in for your result.

xxx

I too am guilty of weighing myself (multiple times!!) daily... :sigh:

The battery ran out on our scales last time I was on a weight loss mission, and you know what, to only get weighed once a week at a meeting really helped....

Now, I'm back with SW, new battery in scales and tortuing myself again! lol

One thing I do find though, is that I always weigh less after exercise! If I go for a 3 miles run, drink a load of water, then get weighed, I'm ALWAYS less than before.... Not sure why lol

Try taking the battery out of your scales for a little while if you think it may help?

A xx

I usually find that I am heavier right up until the day before I weigh in and then miraculously over night I loose it all!
Dont go and weigh yourself in between Hun as you will be more tempted to give up and eat rubbish as you will probably think there isnt any point sticking to it for the rest of the week as you have either gained or STS...wrong!!!! Lol.
Just wait until official weigh in for your result.

xxx

Same here its like my body knows its weigh in day!

Three words..

Chuck Them Out!!!

naughty naughty....
Do a full week and then complain ;) if youv been good i highly doubt you have anything to worry about sweetie!

Back