Subway syns/syn free options

LoChan1984

Gold Member
Hiya,

Could someone advise which options would be free/very low syns to have as a salad bowl?

Is the cheese/grated cheese useable as a hexa?

And does anyone know the syns in a white choc & macadamia cookie? It's probably quite high but I fancy one as a treat lol.

if you look on the subway website it may give the calories for the cookies, in which case it will be 1 syn for every 20 calories as they have no free food allowance.

you have to be careful when it comes to ready made sandwiches etc, as slimming world state that they do not qualify for any free food allowance but I am not sure if that counts for subway too, as there you can actually pick what goes in your sandwich rather than a prepacked one which will have some areas of doubt as to what exactly is in it.

I don't believe they do wholemeal bread though, (honey wheat will be the closest, but it wont qualify as a HEb).

hopefully someone will be able to say for definate what the syn situation is when it comes to subway.

sorry I couldnt give an accurate answer.

Syns online says: 6inch wheat is 6 syns, salad free, ham free, turkey free, chicken breast free, beef free.

Cookies are 11 or 11.5 for all except oatmeal raisin (9.5) provided they are 45g each (48g for rainbow cookie)

on EE days.

Thanks for your replies!

I was going to do without the bread and just get the filling with a big salad bowl. With free diet coke refills it's pretty filling lol

I'm glad the cookie is under 15 anyway, would seem a bit OTT to have to take a flexible syns day for one little cookie! They're so nice though, mm :D

Syns online says: 6inch wheat is 6 syns, salad free, ham free, turkey free, chicken breast free, beef free.

Cookies are 11 or 11.5 for all except oatmeal raisin (9.5) provided they are 45g each (48g for rainbow cookie)

on EE days.

I've just looked and the web says that the 6 inch wheat is 9 syns? Wonder if you could subtract 6 for a HEXB for the wheat roll? All the other rolls are between 9 and 11 syns.

But of course, getting the salad bowl option with no dressing is the best way to get a totally free meal - ham, beef, turkey or chicken salad are the way to go.

Sauces I could find by the way: Honey and mustard: 1 1/2 per serving, Ranch: 2 per serving, Sweet onion: 2 per serving, Chipotle Southwest: 4 1/2 per serving, mayonnaise, Light per serving: 3

Thanks Mandy - that's not too bad value synwise for the sauces really, I love the sweet onion one :)

I eat subway salad bowls pretty much daily!!
The salad (and this is only salad I like):
Lettuce
Red onions
Green peppers
Jalepnos (I read that spicy helps speed the metabolism)
Sweet corn

With warms roast chicken and sweet onion sauce.

In all that salad and chicken are free and it's just 2.5 syns for the sauce.

The drink is bottle of water as with spicy I read that cold cold cold water can speed metabolism too

I never take the cheese because I'm trying to change my eating habits and lifestyle what's the point of dieting if I was just gonna try and squeeze what made me fat in the first place into my day. I need to eliminate stuff not make excuses of where I can squeeze it in.

Sent from my iPad2 using MiniMins

So I love the white choc & macadamia nut cookie soooo much! I'm glad it's only 11 syns but I dunno If I'll be eating it for a long time lol

I never take the cheese because I'm trying to change my eating habits and lifestyle what's the point of dieting if I was just gonna try and squeeze what made me fat in the first place into my day. I need to eliminate stuff not make excuses of where I can squeeze it in.

Love this!!:D

mandy296 said:
I've just looked and the web says that the 6 inch wheat is 9 syns? Wonder if you could subtract 6 for a HEXB for the wheat roll? All the other rolls are between 9 and 11 syns.

But of course, getting the salad bowl option with no dressing is the best way to get a totally free meal - ham, beef, turkey or chicken salad are the way to go.

Sauces I could find by the way: Honey and mustard: 1 1/2 per serving, Ranch: 2 per serving, Sweet onion: 2 per serving, Chipotle Southwest: 4 1/2 per serving, mayonnaise, Light per serving: 3

You won't be able to subtract 6 syns for the bread as it won't be WHOLE wheat. There is a huge difference.

Back