Subway???

First post on the forum, HELLO!
After a few days browsing I decided to register!

:confused:
Been following the slimming world diet for about 4 days now but I can't live without my subway!
I've worked out that the bread (Italian or wheat) is 9 syns?
But I read somewhere you can take 6 syns off if you have bread as a HEB. The wheat bread isn't wholemeal though, is it?

I could live without the melted cheese, unless someone knows the syns in it? Or can it be used as a HEB?

What about the sauces, are sweet onion & chilli 2 syns?
What about mayo? I usually go for hot chilli and mayo (not southwest)

Someone please help! :sigh:

No sorry you can't take 6 syn off because the bread is not wholemeal, not even the wheat one

Sweet Onion sauce - 2 syns
Honey Mustard - 1.5
Southwest - 4.5
Light Mayo - 3

These are the only ones listed

Thanks for the reply.
I didn't think you could take syns off, it was worth a try though hah!
Am I right about the bread being 9 syns though?
What about the cheese? Is it HEA? Or should I count syns? How many?

I keep meaning to try a subway i know its probably quite boring but when i get round to going im going to have loads of the salad on offer and the turkey ham and chick, i bet there will be loads and it will all be sin free!!! Maybe you could try and look at things in a new way and what you can feel up on for free rather than try and eat the way you used to. Ive had to do that cuz im a serious chocaholic but now im trying to look at food in a new light with all the yummy free things i can have, good luck xx

Yup, 6 inches of wheat is 9 syns on all plans.

They use an awful lot of the sauce. Like loads and loads. I think maybe they would be higher syns. Must have about 6-8 tablespoons

Why not ask for the sauce separate, then u can gauge how much you have roughly! Rather than bread why not have a salad??? Will be free then :) x not as tasty, but think skinny!! X

You can have a breadless sub where they put all of the filling into a salad box. I had that last time I went for subway and it was massive. Ok, so it's not the yummy bread, but saving the syns was worth it.

I went in today and had a turkey salad bowl with olives and sweet onion sauce. Really lovely for 3 syns and I didn't miss the bread at all.

IMAG1555.jpg

It was on the menu as turkey breast salad, but like a sandwich you get to choose what salad, what meat, cheese if you want and then what type of sauce. I might have another next week :)

I love subway sandwiches, they're delicious :) I walked past subway yesterday when I was out shopping and really wanted one but I had to convince myself not to. I am going to try a salad bowl next time I am in town, it looks scrummy x

Chicken Breast Salad without Dressing, per pack Free Free 4½

Sauce, Sweet Onion , per serving 2

I can't beleive the sauce is only 2 syns though, because they put a lot on. You may want to allow some more syns for that.

found this after a quick search

Subway Sweet Onion Sauce Recipe

1/2 cup light corn syrup
1 tablespoon minced white onion
1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
2 teaspoons white distilled vinegar
1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
1 teaspoon brown sugar
1 teaspoon buttermilk powder
1/4 teaspoon lemon juice
1/8 teaspoon poppy seeds
1/8 teaspoon salt
pinch cracked black pepper
pinch garlic powder

Combine all ingredients in a small microwave-safe bowl. Heat mixture uncovered in the microwave for 1 to 1 1/2 minutes on high until mixture boils rapidly. Whisk well, cover and cool.

haven't tried it yet, but i love it on a sub.. will have to try it :p
hope it tastes like the sauce instore.

I have a subway salad for lunch every day n just vary the types of meat!! The sweet onion sauce is amazing!! All the girls in my work r now hooked :)

Back