Success again? Josie's red day food diary

Josiecat

Silver Member
Hello, I am Josie and I started Slimming World and my food diary on here 29 December 2010, I lost a stone doing mainly red days but towards the end of 2011, I went off plan and put the weight back on and haven't been able to get the motivation to do it again.

Well today is exactly two years on and I am starting again with the same determination as last time. I have not weighed in yet, I will be doing that on Friday and measuring my weekly losses from there but wanted to get a head start and get back in to the swing of things. I know I am well over 11 stone now and my target will be 9 stone 7.

Saturday Day 1

2 (frylight) eggs and streaky bacon (6 syns)
Tea (Hex A)
Diet Coke
KFC style chicken breasts, homemade coleslaw and salad (2 syns, Hex B)
2 meringue nests and mixed fruit (5 syns)

13 syns total

Last edited:
I've just been shopping and bought lots of sw friendly food. My trolley looked so healthy and I have lots of nice meals to look forward to.
Tonight I am going to do the SW KFC chicken but with chicken breasts today as I have only tried with drumsticks in the past. I got an airfryer for Christmas so am going to try and finish them in there instead of the oven and see if it works. I am looking forward to making a nice homemade coleslaw to go with it.

They came out really nice and crispy in the airfryer and were delicious with some coleslaw and salad. Very filling too and didn't feel like eating junk all evening like I have wanted to lately.

I also saw on another thread that wholemeal pitta are no longer Hex B. I just bought a packet today and love them so a bit gutted. Thinking I might have them as a Hex B anyway as last time I had them most days and still lost weight. :)

I weighed myself this morning, I kept telling myself I would wait until Friday but I realised that it is silly to diet for 6 days before weighing for the first time. To be honest, I was scared as I knew I would be the heaviest of my life. But I did it and I weighed in at 11 stone 3.5lb. That is the heaviest of my life and when I started Slimming World two years ago I was 11 stone 1 and I went down to 10 stone 3 within two months so I am trying to use that to keep me motivated.

I slept late this morning so am just making my first meal, for lunch I am trying Butternut Squash chips for the first time which are currently in the airfyer. I am going to have these with ham and salad and some homemade coleslaw left over from yesterday.

Well I tried my butternut squash chips. They don't go crispy like chips and I left them as long as I could in the Airfryer before burning them. But they were quite nice, although not sure I would make them again and will probably use my other butternut squash for soup.

Sunday Day 2

Ham, salad, homemade coleslaw (1 syn) and butternut squash chips
Banana
Diet Coke
caramel tassimo (4.5 syns)
2 meringue nests (5 syns)
Wholemeal pasta (2x HexB) Bolognese (2 syns) cheese (2xHexA)
Cappuccino (2 syns) and alpen light (3 syns)

17.5 syns

Last edited:
That's exactly what I was like, so much junk over Christmas that I was ready to eat healthy again! I already feel better as I had a headache nearly every day over Christmas and heartburn and they have now gone woopwoop :-D

I am going to enjoy myself tomorrow night for NYE though, I am not going to go overboard but going to drink (malibu and diet coke) and I am going to have an Indian but am going to try and go for the lower fat options (if they exist hehe) and New Years Day I'll be right back on plan properly. Good luck, are you going to post a diary?

The airfryer is pretty good and quicker to cook plus no waiting for it to preheat like the oven. I only got it for Christmas so still experimenting at the mo :)

That's exactly what I was like, so much junk over Christmas that I was ready to eat healthy again! I already feel better as I had a headache nearly every day over Christmas and heartburn and they have now gone woopwoop :-D

I am going to enjoy myself tomorrow night for NYE though, I am not going to go overboard but going to drink (malibu and diet coke) and I am going to have an Indian but am going to try and go for the lower fat options (if they exist hehe) and New Years Day I'll be right back on plan properly. Good luck, are you going to post a diary?

The airfryer is pretty good and quicker to cook plus no waiting for it to preheat like the oven. I only got it for Christmas so still experimenting at the mo :)

I must be dedicated, a new year weigh in .. I'm gonna enjoy nye the start New Year's Day I think week one will be a good loss after all the christmas indulgence. Are u partying or at home.. Our little boy has tonsillitis so we are in but gives me a good chance to get a good start without having to eat New Year's Day to absorb the wine.. Also gonna do that cancer Dryathon ... No alcohol for January...we will see how it goes.. Have a good one

Yes we are just going to a friends house this year for some drinks and a takeaway. I don't want to be too hung over on NYD as I am back to work 2 January so will have to spend some of NYD getting paperwork sorted for my first day back.
Have a great new year!! :-D 2013 will be the year we lose lots of weight

Monday Day 3

Sausage sandwich (wholemeal bread-hexB, 2 light choice sausages and ketchup-3 syns)
Hot water with a slice of lemon
Tea (HexA-milk)

Last edited:
My plan for tonight as it is New Years Eve is to flexisyn but I am going to apply some structure so I don't go overboard.

I am drinking Malibu and diet cola. I will not go overboard with my measures.

I am going to choose Chicken Tikka from the Indian rather than a curry with calorie laden sauce, or maybe a dhansak as I have heard these are nice and lower in syns?

I also want to take a photo of my body as it stands now at 11 stone 3, my middle is my biggest problem area so need to try and work out how to take a photo and post on here!! Think it will be motivational to keep photos of the change

:new_year:

Well last night I did have my Indian and kind of had a bit of everyones curry to be honest, plus nan and rice. I did keep to the malibu and diet coke and avoided the fizz.

Still determined today and currently have some scotch eggs in the airfryer, they are half a hex B each and 1.5 syns each for the sausage. I made 4 so I have something for lunch tomorrow!!

It's funny because talking to people last night and everyone expects me to fail, it has kind of made me more determined to succeed. I had an in law telling me that Slimming World is just a diet and I'd pile it all back on when I stopped and I was trying to explain that it's not a diet, it is an eating plan that teaches you to make the right choices....

I think I have worked out how to put photos on here, so I am going to take photos of my middle (problem area) and track it at each half a stone lost to see if there is any change!! Apologies in advance if I offend anyone with it hehe!!

Tuesday Red Day

2 sw scotch eggs (3 syns, 1 hexB) salad and salad cream (1 syns)
Tea (hexA)
Banana
Latte (hexA and 2 syns)
Another scotch egg (half hexB, 1.5 syns)
2 meringue nests and mixed berries (5 syns)
cappucino and alpen light (half Hex B and rest of HexA)

12.5 syns

Cannot be bothered to cook, was planning on making meatballs but have been preparing stuff for work for the last few hours and now can't be bothered.

Last edited:
Wednesday

Scotch egg (half hexB, 1.5 syns)
2 bananas
1 cappucino and 1 mocha (hexA, 2.5 syns)
Meatballs (2 syns) and wholemeal pasta (remaining of hexB)
3 meringue nests (7 syns)

13 syns

Last edited:
Thursday

2 alpen light (hexB) and Banana
Banana Sandwich (hexB)
Cappucino (HexA) and foxes praline biscuit (3 syns)
Frozen mixed berries (eating them as a substitute to sweets!)
Fish in parsley sauce (2 syns) cauliflower, brocolli and carrots
5 meringue nests (13 syns).......what a piggy but I couldn't stop myself

18 syns

First weigh in tomorrow :scale:

Last edited:
028.jpg

This is my first time trying to post a photo so seeing if it works! This is me in September at about the same weight I am now, I took it as I started running to log the difference but unfortunately I still look the same so once I have lost, hopefully I can post an 'after' shot and see a difference.

As you can see I have a very big middle with no waist

Back