Success is always a work in progress.

Worried

My weigh in is tonight and I'm a bit worried that I've gained. I sometimes have a sneaky peak and weigh in on my own scales at home; they aren't great and I seem to weigh 2lbs heavier on them than I do on the class scales. I did it yesterday and it read 18st 1lb which I was pleased with. I weighed again later last night and it was at 18st 8lbs. Now, in the middle of the day, it's at 18st 5lb. Gah! It might change between now at 7:15pm tonight, so long as it doesn't go heavier. I had quite a big (but very low syn) dinner last night, but later than usual, and I''ve been drinking a lot of water so I'm thinking it's mostly down to that. I also didn't have a great week over all but even a wee loss would be good.

I don't plan on starving myself for the weigh in, if it's a gain then it's a gain. Maybe some energetic cleaning will help things!!

dont let those home scales put you off. seriously, been there done that, Before now its said i've had a 3lb gain, got to class and lost 4lb. As I've said before on my diary, the group scales are the only ones that matter and even if it is a gain then you'll get the support in group to get you right back on track. Good luck with WI tonight hun :)

Well I ended up missing my class last night cos I'm a fud who didn't realise the time until 10 mins after the class had started. So I went to another one tonight and lost half a pound. Not great but not terrible. That's 10lbs in 3 weeks.

This is definitely going to be a better week than last. I just weighed and went then got my shopping in at Morrisons. Only naughty things in my trolley were a wee freddo bar and a 4 pack of those new muller light fudge desserts. Not sure if they are safe for me to have in the flat but if I do end up eating them all in one go then I just know not to buy them again. Hoping I can try to make them last 1 per day for a dessert after dinner :)

Anyway, I've not had dinner yet and it's nearly 8pm so I better go do that!! Onwards and upwards :)

Ooft it's been about a week since I posted. Well, after that half lb loss I went to class last Monday and lost another half pound so that's 10.5 lbs lost total. I'm not expecting much at tomorrow's weigh in. I haven't been terrible and I've been trying to stick to it most of the time but a combination of work stress resulting in me not being bothered about making anything decent + a general lack of preparedness has meant it hasn't been a wonderful 3 weeks with regard to my weight loss. In saying that, if I wasn't on Slimming World in a similar situation I'd have been comfort eating with all of the junk food I could get my hand on. So even those half pounds off are an achievement in a way. In saying that, I really want this to speed up so it's definitely a case of getting more active. A few years ago I did well with the Leslie Sansone Walk Away the Pounds DVDs (excellent if you're uncoordinated like me!). I couldn't find them so I ordered a new one and it has 4 different workouts on it which means I can build up as I get better at it. So that's starting tomorrow, I hope the neighbours don't mind me stomping about overhead too much!

Another thing that's happening this week is my partner has come to stay for 2 weeks. We're doing it as a sort of living together trial as he has a long commute if he lives here so we're going to see how he copes with it and if that goes well, and assuming we get on well living together, then he'll move in permanantly. I actually think having him here will be good for my diet - he's very supportive of it and having someone to come home to will make me more bothered about things like cooking. We've got an agreement - I cook, he does the dishes and that's fine with me :)

So I think it's about time I set some goals for the week and actually set out to achieve them. So this week:

I'm going to record food every day and be 100%
I may be going out for a few drinks on Friday night so syns will be saved just for that - no plans to go crazy there, I'm only going out for a wee while.
I'm going to do the exercise DVD at least 4 times this week.

Weigh in tomorrow and a friend is coming with me for her first time so that'll be some added support and motivation too :)

Back