Sucess express, is it expensive?

PrincessPink-x

I would like to lose 8.5lb in 3 weeks for my holiday so I need to try really hard. This week I am just sticking to plan as had already done my weekly shop and will up my excersize. I was thinking of maybe trying success express next week for a boost and have looked at the menu plan the website which I think I could do but I'm worried it will cost me a fortune to buy everything I need for 1 week. Also am I likely to get good results as don't want to work my arse of for a 1lb lose like when I did the scan bran challenge

I would like to lose 8.5lb in 3 weeks for my holiday so I need to try really hard. This week I am just sticking to plan as had already done my weekly shop and will up my excersize. I was thinking of maybe trying success express next week for a boost and have looked at the menu plan the website which I think I could do but I'm worried it will cost me a fortune to buy everything I need for 1 week. Also am I likely to get good results as don't want to work my arse of for a 1lb lose like when I did the scan bran challenge

I actually found it cheaper - as you don't really have to buy as many snacks (can only snack on eggs and yoghurt) and other than the masses of fruit and veg involved you are eating smaller portions of food so any meal u make could be kept and split over the next day or so. I think it does definitely get good results (although I've only done it for 3 days at a time) but unlike EE you do feel quite hungry and like u are on a proper diet.

Do you have a market where you could get the fruit and veg loads cheaper? Also look out for offers and reduced items.
Good luck!

Tesco have got lots of fruit on offer at the moment, you could do rice salad or if you prefer egg fried rice using fry light, lean bacon, and lots of veg with some soy sauce for lunches - if you want to be really healthy use brown rice. Low fat cottage cheese n jacket potato or even beans and Jp are allowed and low cost so needn't break the bank :) I started SW 2 weeks ago, got my 2nd weigh in this week. I followed this plan all week last week and lost 10.5lb on my first week :). have a great week

You could stock up on fruit and veg at somewhere like Aldi to keep the costs down, and meals like soups are great and can be made for pennies :) x

I find it really expensive, but as a vegan food is expensive anyway!! Biggest cost for me was fruit as its what I eat for breakfast and I don't eat eggs or yogurt so only snack on fruit.

i didn't feel that hungry on it but I usually have about 1/2 super free so it wasn't that much of a drastic change.

Food I usually eat on a SE day :
breakfast is always fruit salad with soya yogurt (syn thr yogurt as I don't have free yog)
Sometimes ill have scrambled tofu with loads of veg, 2 bits of bread and a big salad.
Lunch and dinner are interchangeable for me but your best bet for filling up is using your 1/3rd free food allowance on carbs like potato and pasta. Make carrot or other super free veg chips to get it in you...

but number 1 thing to remember is to drink LOTS of drinks as you will need it to carry the fiber out. This is especially important if you don't usually eat so much fruit and veg :)

spag bol filled with superfree foods with a massive salad. (minimal spaghetti)
sweet potato wedges with veg and salad
veggie soup with HEXB bread
Chilli con carne loaded with superfree with a large side salad
stir fries

this is all veggie stuff that i do, so I tend to have me 1/3rd free foods as carbs that fill me up so I stay full. Not sure if meat fills you up or not (been many moons since i ate it) but i like to eat BIG portions, hence why I find it expensive.

Do you have a market where you could get the fruit and veg loads cheaper? Also look out for offers and reduced items.
Good luck!

Markets are fantastic for good quality and affordable fruit and veg. We've got a few stalls in town on a Saturday and I always use them to stock up for pretty much all week. Safes me a fortune.

Anyone help with breakfasts?? Don't say fruit salads lol. All I can think of is plum tomatoes from canned on wholemeal....and an egg I guess on top! I just don't want a whole week of all bran topped with fruit or fruit salad

Mushroom omelettes work well for me for breakfast - about 200g of mushrooms, chopped/blended into tiny pieces and dry fried, then added to two well-beaten eggs and fried in Fry light. I follow that with a piece of fruit to ensure the 2/3 ratio on SE. Hope that helps a bit!

Mushroom omelettes work well for me for breakfast - about 200g of mushrooms, chopped/blended into tiny pieces and dry fried, then added to two well-beaten eggs and fried in Fry light. I follow that with a piece of fruit to ensure the 2/3 ratio on SE. Hope that helps a bit!

Only wish I liked mushrooms!!! Lol. Perfect breakfast vegetable but I can't get myself to like them. Taste like how I imagine a slug to taste lol. Perhaps a tomato and cheese omelette I guess?! Omelette sounds really good!!

I found eating on plan in general was more expensive in groceries, but i saved a fortune not buying fast food and meal deals etc from shops and take aways.

I found eating on plan in general was more expensive in groceries, but i saved a fortune not buying fast food and meal deals etc from shops and take aways.

That's definitely the best way of looking at it because you'd probably end up spending more on little things here and there that you don't even realise you buy.

The only example I can think of are things like lattes maybe one a day costing £2.50+ whereas you substitute that with strawberries or whatever for maybe £2 that last for 3 days.

I find lots of sources of cheaper veg/fruit such as buying it frozen or from the market rather than the supermarket.

But eating healthy sure does cost more. I love summer as I have my own veg in the garden. Plus if you have friends who do the same you can do swaps.

Problem with frozen fruit and veg is how shrunk it is! I never buy frozen broccoli anymore. Fresh is 50p in asda and last the week and about two meals for two people. Worth buying fresh :)

I tried frozen fruit and didn't enjoy it. Waitrose kind was shrunk too :( perhaps I just have expensive taste! Lol

Sorry I never came back to this thread. Well I tried it without breaking the bank I bought a mix of fresh and frozen fruit frozen veg and salad veg I even made pickled onion soup. I was so good but only lost 1.5lb which was really disappointing as I can easily lose that just sticking to plan normally. I guess these extra boosts just don't work for me and I should just stick to what I know

Looking at your stats though you're v close to target so I guess maybe your body just won't have the big losses that we can often achieve in the early stages? Well done though I've had a look at your pics and you look fab :)

Looking at your stats though you're v close to target so I guess maybe your body just won't have the big losses that we can often achieve in the early stages? Well done though I've had a look at your pics and you look fab :)

This. It took me about 5/6 months to lose 3st and then another 5 to lose the last 1/2 stone. You won't get big losses if your close to your target (I can't see stats, on ipad) but if you were to have big losses it could be muscle rather than fat and that isn't what you want!!!

Back