Such a slow loss all the time!

Flopster

Got a life thank you!
I have been doing LL for 4 1/2 weeks now and have lost 17 lbs but am really feeling cheesed off that the weight loss is so slow compared to so many others (both in the group and on the forums). I know it is wrong to compare against others but it is so hard not to when you see them losing so much. I seem to be averaging about 2-3 lbs a week. My lack of progress is making me want to nibble, I have resisted most things although I did have a bit of a bad day yesterday - a tiny nibble of chicken and a japanese cracker (just one). Nothing today but have fought the urge all day and my chatterbox is nagging me that I am hardly loosing anything anyway!

I am drinking about 5 litres of water a day, I am not really doing much exercise - mainly due to the heat but I did do a lot of walking over the weekend - none of which is making a difference.

I just feel really frustrated with it all, I am desparate for a good loss this week to help me on my way.

I really want to eat now, the novelty of the foodpacks is definately waining.

Anyone got any words of wisdom for me? Please ...

Dear Flopster(love that name!)

I am sure your losses will pick up and meantime you have lost 18lb which is brilliant. I am not on the CD but cal counting and my losses are realatively slow compared with some CD people - 10lbs in 18 days, but I just am so happy to be 10lbs lighter, so 18 sounds good to me. Don't lose heart, you can do this.

take care

my chatterbox is nagging me that I am hardly loosing anything anyway!

But you are. 2-3lbs a week is double what you are likely to get on a traditional diet. I do know how you feel as I wasn't a fast loser, but hey...it all adds up.

I know it's hard when you do like others and the rewards aren't so forthcoming, but I think you need to focus on yourself, not what other people are getting. This is your journey. Head down...eyes in ;) You are doing fabulously:)

Hiya Flopster

Ok firstly you are over 25% of the way to your target weight in a few weeks so don't overlook what you have already acheived!

Also remember that if you lose it slowly on a VLCD then you have no chance of losing it at all if doing a 1500 calorie diet so trust in the fact that you are on the quickest route to slimdom that you can take, and it isn't a race! All that matters is that you get to the finish line.

So glug the old water and close your eyes and you will be slim.

If you stop now then what else can you do to lose the weight quicker and get to where you know you want to be?

Thank you, you are of course all completely right. I have got my bum into gear and am determined to see this through.

Thanks for all your help.

The only diet I lost weight at this rate was the Rosemary Connely one...I used to lose 3-4 pounds a week on that as well..but I was 17 years younger...age does change the rate you lose weight...so make sure you are not comparing yourself with younger dieters..

Ive only lost 8 pounds in 10 days..whereas my friend lost 10 in 5 but the she started at 16 stone and I started at 12.7 so cant compare...

Someone of 25 stone would lose considerably more on this diet than someone weight 13 stone...if you see what I mean...

dont give up...we both have similar amounts to lose and we will get there together ok?

xxxxxxx

Thanks jfc, you are right we will get there!

I am feeling a lot more positive today, just been for my 5 week check up at the doctors and my blood pressure has risen from very low to just low - which is great lol (I think I am the only overweight person in the world wanting higher blood pressure).

The GP was very positive about my loss which has helped my moral massively!

Good luck you, you are doing great.

They say if it comes off slowly it will stay off!! Don't compare yourself to anyone - I lose more inches than weight so it is coming off somehow!

Don't lose heart Flopster - like you, I don't have the dramatic losses experienced by others on the forum. It's easy to focus on the spectacular losses others have but if you looked at what everyone is doing, you'll probably find that most people chug along losing the 'stone a month' average claimed by CD.

Someone suggested making a chart with the number of pounds you need to lose running up the side and, working the time out by averaging the loss at 3.5lb per week (a stone a month) then putting that many weeks along the bottom. Then put a dot every 3.5lb per week and join the line up. THEN chart your actual loss each week. You'll find your loss will run along that line going above it or below it at times but will keep roughly in line nonetheless.

I'm going to do mine today and stick it on the wall so I can see how well I'm doing even on the weeks I feel I've done cr@p (like this week - I only lost 2lb).

In my case, I started with 9st to lose - that should take 9 months (36 weeks) doing the average. So far, I've been on CD for 18 weeks ... 18 x 3.5lb = 63lb and so far I've lost 67lb so although I'm not going to break any CD records, you can see I'm trotting along just ahead of average.

You've been on CD for 4 weeks ... 4 x 3.5lb = 14lb and you've lost 17lb! :D See what I mean? Avoid getting bent out of shape over the weekly losses and keep your eye on the average monthly losses instead.

Debbie x

Debbies right, it is so easy to get bogged down by other peoples success, but really the important thing is every ounce off is an improvement. If it takes a while longer than you would like you are still every day a DAY NEARER YOUR GOAL!
r

Hi Debbie,

"Someone suggested making a chart with the number of pounds you need to lose running up the side and, working the time out by averaging the loss at 3.5lb per week (a stone a month) then putting that many weeks along the bottom. Then put a dot every 3.5lb per week and join the line up. THEN chart your actual loss each week. You'll find your loss will run along that line going above it or below it at times but will keep roughly in line nonetheless"

Pierce is writing up the software on something like that and hopes to have it finished soon.

Love Mini xxx

Hi Flopster,

As Mike as said already... "Ok firstly you are over 25% of the way to your target weight in a few weeks so don't overlook what you have already achieved!

Also remember that if you lose it slowly on a VLCD then you have no chance of losing it at all if doing a 1500 calorie diet so trust in the fact that you are on the quickest route to slimdom that you can take, and it isn't a race! All that matters is that you get to the finish line.

So glug the old water and close your eyes and you will be slim.

If you stop now then what else can you do to lose the weight quicker and get to where you know you want to be?"
I am a slow loser and I could hardly shift a pound every two weeks with WW...vlcd help me shift the first five stone...which has made such a difference to my life and it was mostly 2 to 3 lbs. a week tops.

Love Mini xxx

georgiasmum said:
They say if it comes off slowly it will stay off!! Don't compare yourself to anyone - I lose more inches than weight so it is coming off somehow!

Same here, I have gone from a tight size 22 to a reasonable size 18 in a lot of clothes. But what about the weight????

I am also wearing my wedding ring for the first time in 9 years so I know it is coming off, I would just like a bigger loss!!!!

Russiandoll said:
Don't lose heart Flopster - like you, I don't have the dramatic losses experienced by others on the forum. It's easy to focus on the spectacular losses others have but if you looked at what everyone is doing, you'll probably find that most people chug along losing the 'stone a month' average claimed by CD.

Someone suggested making a chart with the number of pounds you need to lose running up the side and, working the time out by averaging the loss at 3.5lb per week (a stone a month) then putting that many weeks along the bottom. Then put a dot every 3.5lb per week and join the line up. THEN chart your actual loss each week. You'll find your loss will run along that line going above it or below it at times but will keep roughly in line nonetheless.

I'm going to do mine today and stick it on the wall so I can see how well I'm doing even on the weeks I feel I've done cr@p (like this week - I only lost 2lb).

In my case, I started with 9st to lose - that should take 9 months (36 weeks) doing the average. So far, I've been on CD for 18 weeks ... 18 x 3.5lb = 63lb and so far I've lost 67lb so although I'm not going to break any CD records, you can see I'm trotting along just ahead of average.

You've been on CD for 4 weeks ... 4 x 3.5lb = 14lb and you've lost 17lb! :D See what I mean? Avoid getting bent out of shape over the weekly losses and keep your eye on the average monthly losses instead.

Debbie x

That is fantastic advice Debbie, thank you. I am trying to look at it on a rolling two week basis and seem to loose 6-7lbs every two weeks which means that I am on track to loose the best part of a stone each month. It is one of the few things that keeps me going.

I will try the chart thing - I have a fantastic excel spreadsheet that logs my weight, I am trying to work out how to put the dotted line on to show the average weight loss.

Many thanks again, you are so inspirational!

Barb said:
Debbies right, it is so easy to get bogged down by other peoples success, but really the important thing is every ounce off is an improvement. If it takes a while longer than you would like you are still every day a DAY NEARER YOUR GOAL!
r

Thanks Barb, I know, I keep knocking those days off my calendar one by one but not in a negative way in a positive way, not sure that makes sense but each day gone is one step closer to where I want to be rather than urgh I have 80 days left of this or whatever.

As others have said, sweetie - don't lose heart. I didn't lose weight as fast as others when I was doing SS but it still came off and has pretty much stayed off (a week's camping not withstanding - eek).
You will get there - it's just a matter of time! Honest!!!!

love

Mini said:
Hi Debbie,

"

Pierce is writing up the software on something like that and hopes to have it finished soon.

Love Mini xxx

Oh I can't wait for that!

Isobel1965 said:
As others have said, sweetie - don't lose heart. I didn't lose weight as fast as others when I was doing SS but it still came off and has pretty much stayed off (a week's camping not withstanding - eek).
You will get there - it's just a matter of time! Honest!!!!

love

Thanks Isobel, I know it will come off, I just really wanted to be 3 stone done by the time the kids go back to school and I don't think I will be anywhere near, except for cutting my arm off there isn't much more I can do!

Flopster - you never know! As long as you stick to the plan 100%, you can have differing losses each week. I remember I lost 1.7lbs one week and 6 the next - how mad is that?
Try not to get too bogged down with numbers - I know it's easier said than done, but it's how you feel and look and how your clothes fit you that's really important overall.
love

Mini said:
I am a slow loser and I could hardly shift a pound every two weeks with WW...vlcd help me shift the first five stone...which has made such a difference to my life and it was mostly 2 to 3 lbs. a week tops.

Love Mini xxx

Thanks Mini, that makes a real difference to know that you can still have such a fabulous loss.

Back