Extra Easy suef

Hi

Started Slimming world last Thurday, due to go again tomorrow - think might have lost 2-3lbs!

Finding it great so far, not hungry at all. Worried that I might be having things I shouldn't have i.e. for lunches I've been taking dried rice n veg/ pasta n sauces made up with water (no butter) with some chopped up ham or chicken. Is this allowed as free foods?

Also I thought you had to have all of your syns and although I have had wanted only say 5-8 I've been making sure that I have 14-15 do I need to do this?

I tried the recipe for the tikka curry sauce and it was ok but I usually have the Weightwatchers Tikka sauce - Can I have this and how many syns ?

I tried Pork casserole recipe last night and it was a bit boring would like to use Colemans Pork casserole mix again how many syns would this be?

Hope someone can help me!

susanf6411 said:
Hi

Started Slimming world last Thurday, due to go again tomorrow - think might have lost 2-3lbs!

Finding it great so far, not hungry at all. Worried that I might be having things I shouldn't have i.e. for lunches I've been taking dried rice n veg/ pasta n sauces made up with water (no butter) with some chopped up ham or chicken. Is this allowed as free foods?

Also I thought you had to have all of your syns and although I have had wanted only say 5-8 I've been making sure that I have 14-15 do I need to do this?

I tried the recipe for the tikka curry sauce and it was ok but I usually have the Weightwatchers Tikka sauce - Can I have this and how many syns ?

I tried Pork casserole recipe last night and it was a bit boring would like to use Colemans Pork casserole mix again how many syns would this be?

Hope someone can help me!

Well done for joining sw :) you will be best to double check the syn values for the dried pasta and sauce type meals-not all the flavours are free! You'll also need to remember to add your 1/3 superfree to your meals.

Syns-you need to have a minimum of 5 a day, most people aim for 10, as then it gives you a bit of leeway when you get closer to target

To work out the syn values of the sauces/packets, you can use the '1 syn for every 20 cals' formula.
Be wary that the ready made sauces tend to be high in syns, and if you look in the recipe sub forum there is bound to be a sw friendly tikka recipe.
HTH :)

susanf6411 said:
Thanks this really helped, especially the packet sauces thing and the syn value = 20cals!

That formula only works for things that have no free food allowance-so sweets, snacks, chocolates, ready made sauces and soups, etc

Back