Sue's EE food diary.

Suesp8o

Hi
I've been going to slimming world group since late august, started off really well and lost lots of weight early on but the past couple of weeks it is not so easy. I am easily tempted by chocolate and cakes and the colder weather and dark nights just makes the comfort food even more tempting.
I have been looking through the other food diaries on here and it has inspired me to start my own.
I am always looking for new recipes to try and low Syn food to keep me satisfied. I have been experimenting this weekend.
Saturday I made a 9 Syn chocolate cake, recipe from slimming eats. Sorry but I didn't like at all. Today I made a 12 Syn sponge with free lemon curd filling. This tastes much better although I'm still not sure it satisfies my cake craving.
I've also made a quiche today for lunches later in the week.
Anyway food diary for today,
B- was up too late for breakfast
D- jacket potato with baked beans. Satsumas
T- pasta, chicken, bacon, White sauce( 5 syns) topped with cheese (heA) mixed veg
Followed by 1/8 of sponge cake (1.5)

Have just realised didn't have heb. I have planned the meals for the rest of the week so shouldn't miss any extras during the week.

Total syns 6.5

Day 2
Breakfast- muesil, milk (1/2 heA), banana
Lunch- homemade broccoli, bacon quiche with carrot sticks, satsuma,
Tea, jacket potato, chicken in leek and tomato sauce.
Snack- apple, lemon cake

I have planned meals this week, although tea tonight wasn't quite as expected. The chicken was frozen and I didn't label it so thought it was mince. Turned out not, I'm sure it was Syn free as most of the meals I have frozen are Syn free.

I wasn't planning on having the lemon cake but it was brought into work and I just couldn't resist. No idea on the number if syns but as I haven't had any other syns all day I'm well within the limit.
Really happy with today. Feeling full of energy this evening and loving the diet.

Hiya SuesP,

Have you had quark and options? I've not been on SW very long but I find a half tub of quark and a 2 syn options mixed in amazing!
Fills you right up and hits my choc craving :p

Hi Sue, I am in the same boat as you, weight loss seems to be much harder recently so also plan to start a food diary next week...my birthday on Friday so a weekend off plan then a fresh start!

I find that the new shape delights chocolate desserts are good for my chocolate cravings! :)

Breakfast- Muesli (heB), 100ml milk, (1/2 HeA) banana
Lunch- homemade quiche, carrot sticks,
Tea- pasta, tuna, broccoli, tesco soft and light chive and herb cheese. (2 syns)
Snack- biscuit (2 syns), orange juice (2 1/2 syns)

Total - 6 1/2

Just realised I've not eaten that much today. I have carried an apple and satsuma around all day but not eaten them. I also don't remember feeling hungry, think I've been too busy to think about eating. Has been a manic day.

There is a change of plan for the rest of the week and I'm staying away from the house tomorrow evening so I've been trying to work out what food I need to stay on plan.
I know I won't be on the plan all week because Friday I am out for the day with my HB and parents but at least I can stay 100% until then. And it is only one day.

Thanks for the chocolate craving suggestions. I may try the quark with options but not sure about it. I've cooked with quark and not sure about the taste of it.

Last edited:
I have to say that quark id rank on its own and not keen on cooking with it but the options mix does it for me :p

Breakfast- Muesli, milk (1/2 HeA), Banana

Lunch- Pasta, soft cheese, (1/2 HeA) Tuna, satsuma

Snack- 2 slices pizza (7.5 syns)

Tea- Vegetable soup, white bread (3 1/2 syns) Butter (3 1/2 syns)

Total= 14.5

My Hubby had cooked a pizza before I got home from work. As there was some left and I was going to be exercising before tea I ended up having a couple of small slices. I have only just worked out the syns and can’t believe it was so high. After caving we went to the pub and I have what I thought was the best SW option on the menu, veg soup. Although it was served with a huge chunk of white bread slavered in butter. At first I wasn’t going to eat the bread but ended up eating most of it.

I’ve no idea if the syns are right for the day as I didn’t weigh anything. I know exercise doesn't reduce the number of syns you can have but hopefully it will stop too much weight going on.

I've not had a great day today.
Breakfast- scrambled egg, baked beans, bacon
Lunch ham salad sandwich (heB & 8 ish syns for large bread and butter)
Chocolate cake ( syns- way too many)
Tea- low fat sausages, (2 syns) broccoli, mashed potato with soft cheese (heA)

I had to buy lunch as wasn't organised today and ended up walking past a bakery and just couldn't resist the chocolate cake. There was an offer on and I brought two with the idea of giving the other to hubby when I got home but the slice I had was too nice and I ended up having the second slice during the afternoon.
Tomorrow I am out for the day so do not expect to stick to the plan but will try to limit the damage as much as poss.

I have been away this weekend and tried to make the best choices I could while eating out.
I must of done ok cause I stayed the same at weigh in this week.
I was hoping to get back on plan on Monday but haven't had time to plan and cook in advance yet.

Monday I had planned to buy a mug shot for lunch but they didnt have any in the shop I went in. I ended up with a cheese salad that took me over on syns and I gave up trying to keep track of what I ate.

Today I also didn't take any lunch and had a m&s chicken salad. I struggled to find it on sw but I think it was 22 syns so that has messed today up as well. So much for having a good week!
Apart from the salad I had Museli and Banana this morning (heA 1/2 & heB)
Pineapple
Too biscuits, orange juice, hot chocolate
Tea-sw chips, carrots, gammon. Egg, swede
Tomorrow is a new day so I'll try again!

Back