Sugarfree Chewing Gum

Lausanne

I can if I think I can.
Hi , I'm finding chewing gum is helping with 'mouth hunger' but could this slow weight loss? I easily can chew a packet (14g) one after the other in one go to keep getting the initial taste hit.

Typical nutrition details per 100g
173Kcal, Carbs 69g

Any successful dukaners chew gum and no effect on loss?

i chew loads no probs , can make you feel hungrier though sometimes

I got through stick after stick after stick of it - it satisfied the mid-afternoon craving for tea-time sweets.

Just remember - it goes in the bin afterwards!

i chew loads no probs , can make you feel hungrier though sometimes

Too true, although I found this more when eating carbs - the gum used to be quickly swapped for chocs or biccies. :eek:

I got through stick after stick after stick of it - it satisfied the mid-afternoon craving for tea-time sweets.

Just remember - it goes in the bin afterwards!

Sugarfree gum and Coke Zero are keeping me on the Dukan straight and narrow! Not the healthiest and hope to wean myself off them gradually.:) Xx

Too true, although I found this more when eating carbs - the gum used to be quickly swapped for chocs or biccies.

You may be right!

I was never tempted to trade up - but I think this was purely because carbs are banned on Dukan.

On ww I used to convince myself that a small chocolate bar or a bag of dried fruit (properly pointed of course) would be fine.

Hi , I'm finding chewing gum is helping with 'mouth hunger' but could this slow weight loss? I easily can chew a packet (14g) one after the other in one go to keep getting the initial taste hit.

Typical nutrition details per 100g
173Kcal, Carbs 69g

Any successful dukaners chew gum and no effect on loss?
I would not worry about it. The info you provided it's for 100 gr do you know how much gum youwould have to chew to reach that?

I chew lots of gum and have been losing weight steadily.

I was like that as well, chewing loads to get that initial sweet flavour, then I read here I believe that on the Dukan website they now limit sf gum to 5 a day.:confused:

It is very interesting to hear those of you that have had success and chew a lot of gum. I would love to chew it all day if I knew it wouldn't stall my loss that is already extremely slow.

I've always followed the five a day max rule... (and find they can make me hungry!)

I've always followed the five a day max rule... (and find they can make me hungry!)

The more I read on this forum the more I realise that the coaching site is making up a little more everyday! :( I've decided to stick with what the book says - lots of the posters on conso managed to lose their unwanted pounds by going by the book!

I'm going to cut back on the gum for an entirely different reason - I swallow too much air and then have a gurgly tummy which can be embarrassing and painful.

Thanks to all who posted a reply to my query. :)Xx

the errrr flatulence is a side effect from some of the sweeteners unfortunately!

:D LOL and thanks for the link, Joanne! I seem to be following you around the forum this morning! I really appreciate your advice. :)Xx

Back