Awww ... Thanks Lisa xxx

shenzi said:
Feel better soon Sugar xx

Thanks Emma :) xxx

broadsbean said:
hope you are having a good sleep and that the pain is settling,
what painkillers are you using sugar

:bighug::bighug:

The dentist prescribed me Amoxocillin anti biotic for the infection but to be honest whenever I have had them for chest I infections they have never really worked! :-(

Painkiller wise I have been alternating ibruprofren with paracetamol, which don't seem to be even taking the edge off the pain! :-(

I have some co-drydomol from when I hurt my back but they just make me too spaced out! :-( Really struggling with the pain to be honest! Is there anything else worth me trying?? Xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Oh no x

I'd say codydromol is worth spacing if it gets rid of the pain x

Is it one side of your face cos you could try an ice pack? Or frozen peas?

:bighug:

When I had my abcess, the only thing that would take the edge off the pain was having frozen peas on my cheek.

Hope the infection starts healing soon xx

lsf666 said:
Oh no x

I'd say codydromol is worth spacing if it gets rid of the pain x

Is it one side of your face cos you could try an ice pack? Or frozen peas?

EmmyR1984 said:
:bighug:

When I had my abcess, the only thing that would take the edge off the pain was having frozen peas on my cheek.

Hope the infection starts healing soon xx

Thanks Ladies, I might try a cold compress! I am prepared to try anything at the moment!!

Lisa, the co drydomol make me really ill, spaced out and sick! :-(

I am hoping the antibiotics will kick in soon! :-(

Hugs huni. Speaking as an ex-dental receptionist, and a carer, make sure you keep takin the A/Bs or the full course-even if you think they're not working, or that they've fixed it. Until the infection is cleared, the dentist won't be able to do any more treatment, as anaesthetic won't work if there is an infection. Like the others have said, use a cold pack if it helps. Fingers crossed its sorted soon xxxx

Welshtigger said:
Hugs huni. Speaking as an ex-dental receptionist, and a carer, make sure you keep takin the A/Bs or the full course-even if you think they're not working, or that they've fixed it. Until the infection is cleared, the dentist won't be able to do any more treatment, as anaesthetic won't work if there is an infection. Like the others have said, use a cold pack if it helps. Fingers crossed its sorted soon xxxx

Thanks Hunny!! :) xxxxxxx

you could try taking the brufen and paracetamol at the same time, every 4 hours (no more than 4 times a day)

1g of parracetamol and 400mg of brufen, taking them together exacebates thier effects research has shown :D

maybe take the codyramol before bed to help you sleep ( remember it contains paracetamol so counts in the 8 tablets a day rule )

antibiotics should take effect quite quickly xx

big hugs cos tooth ache is awful :bighug:

Have you tried codine or cocodamol they seem to be a bit stronger, If you go docs they can perscribe you the stronger cocodamol called kapake and they are brilliant and kick in really fast.

Hope its gets better soon xxx

MalibuStacey said:
Have you tried codine or cocodamol they seem to be a bit stronger, If you go docs they can perscribe you the stronger cocodamol called kapake and they are brilliant and kick in really fast.

Hope its gets better soon xxx

Purple Patsy said:
Hope you're feeling a bit better today Sugar. But I guess from your lack of minis update there's not been much of an improvement yet. :)

broadsbean said:
just popped in to see how you are doing, hope your starting to feel better xxx

Thanks Ladies, really appreciate your thoughts and ideas.

Last night was the first night I was able to sleep because of the pain! So hopefully the infection is starting to clear up!!

I have not been on plan at all this week, not eating anywhere near enough fruit and veg. Have not been on takeaways, just soft things like beans on toast. Lol

My WI is tomorrow but I has a quick hop in today and I am showing a 2lb loss, hopefully I will be able to maintain that till fri and I can get by 4.5 stone shiny!

Normal business will return to my diary soon... Promise!! :) x

Awhhhhh, just catching up on your diary and sorry to hear about your mouth :bighug:

Not a lot I can add to what others have suggested, but hope the antibiotics kick in soon.

However, there is one remedy that I used when I had an abcess, that worked wonders for the pain, and probably helped to kill the infection, in my mind anyway, and that is to dab the tooth with neat brandy ;)

Awhhhhh, just catching up on your diary and sorry to hear about your mouth :bighug:

Not a lot I can add to what others have suggested, but hope the antibiotics kick in soon.

However, there is one remedy that I used when I had an abcess, that worked wonders for the pain, and probably helped to kill the infection, in my mind anyway, and that is to dab the tooth with neat brandy ;)

I like the sound of the Brandy idea!!! I might be giving that a try tonight!! ;-)

WI this morning..... 3lb off!!! (probably cause I havent been eating properly with my teeth!!)

BUT IT MEANS I GET MY 4.5 STONE SHINY, SO I AM A HAPPY BUNNY!!!

plus...... ITS FRIDAY!!!!! xxxxxx

Woo! Fabulous loss and well done on that shiny! Hope your feeling much better now xx

shenzi said:
Woo! Fabulous loss and well done on that shiny! Hope your feeling much better now xx

Thanks Emma... It's day 5 of the anti biotics and I think they are starting to work!! Still in pain but manageable pain! LOL

Have a great Friday Hunny!! Xxx

Back