SUMMER CHALLENGE 2012 :)

Becca1507

Hi ladies

Well, hopefully my friends from the other thread will join me here so hello and hugs to Clare, Eabha, Suzanne, Karen and Toni :). And it would nice to have new people join us too.

Basically we have decided to start a Summer Challenge together to loose weight, support each other, and to keep track of our losses, high points and low points together and to just generally be there for each other. If anyone would like to join us just let me know your name, and weight in day and I can add you to the track list.

I think ladies from the other thread as its a new year, i'll start a new list so if you can give me your new weigh in days please :).

A bit about me - I have always struggled with my weight and grew up being the 'fat kid' in school. I'm not huge now as I lost about 4 stone with Slimming world nearly 15 years ago, but am still carrying about 2 stone more than I want to - part of it being that horrible stone that goes up and down over and over again. 2012 has to be the year I loose it for good :). Its been such a help to have this forum for support and I think we can all do it together again.

So, if you'd like to join would love to hear from you :)

Remember ladies - loosing weight feels better than chocolate tastes :)

Love Becca xx :)

ps - my first weigh in will be 7th Jan as am hoping to start on 1st Jan

Weigh in days:
Becca - Saturday
Clare -
Karen -
Suzanne -
Toni -
Eabha -

Well done Becca, thanks for setting this up!

All being well with this flu, I'm off to Amsterdam at 5am tomorrow and back on 2nd so my plan is to start back on plan on Tues 3rd so I'll stick to Tuesday weigh in please :)

I'll let you know start weight and goal on 3rd. Have a fab new year! xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Have a fantastic holiday hun - glad you're feeling better :). Take care and speak soon :) xx

Weigh in days:
Becca - Saturday

Clare - Tuesday
Karen -
Suzanne -
Toni -
Eabha -

Hi Becca,

My name is Angela and 4 years ago I lost 6 stone with the old WW points which I kept off for 3 years but since I stopped going to classes I have put 2 stone back on :cry:
I don't like the propoints system so keep trying to get back on track with my old books.
It'll be great to join you, if you'll have me :wave_cry:.
I usually get weighed on a Wednesday morning so I'll keep that as my WI day.
I've tried to cut down since Boxing day but will seriously start on 2nd Jan.
Luv Ang xx

Hi Becca

Looking forward to starting again! I'll keep my weigh in day as a Saturday please. I'm on holiday until 6th Jan so I'll take my starting weight on the 7th and will do my first proper weigh in on the 14th.

Hope everyone had a lovely Christmas.

Karen x

Morning ladies

welcome Ang :) - of course we'll have you, we'd love you to join us - I figure the more support we all have the better we can all do :). You ahve done sooooooo well already. I know what you mean about putting weight back on though, it is so easily done. I'm ok as long as I dont have rubbishy food in the house, but if its here I cant leave it alone especially if hubby is sat munching away. I have persuaded him to loose weight with me this time, he's got rather a belly on him :).

Are you going somewhere nice on holiday karen? We've just booked to go to Looe in Cornwall for a week in may so am hoping I can fit into my summer clothes by then (even if its freezing i'm determined to wear them :)). Dont know if we'll go abroad or not this year, depends how finances are i guess - we've just bought a new car so want to try and pay a chunk of that off.

Well, this is it girls, 1 more day of 2011 - tomorrow (Well, this coming week), is the start of the new slimmer us :).

Speak soon xxxx

Weigh in days:
Becca - Saturday
Clare - Tuesday

Karen - Saturday
Suzanne -
Toni -
Eabha -
Ang - Wednesday

Hiya my name is sai i really Need to start please put me in my weigh days will be Wednesday but will be starting 2.1.12
Take care good luck everyone xxx

Happy New Year everyone :) Thanks Becca for setting up the new thread. I'm really looking forward to the summer challenge! I started back properly on Thursday and so far its going really well and I'm feeling very positive. My WI days are going to be Wednesday morning. Good luck to everyone with your weight loss!!

Hi girls

How is everyone today? Welcome Sai :) - lovely to have you join us :).

Well, I am feeling a little ashamed of myself to be honest ladies, I decided (with a lot of help and persuasion from hubby), that it would be much easier to diet and stick to my points if the leftover Christmas goodies had all gone, so I am just about to adjust my start weight to 1lb heavier than I was 3 days ago! Feel like i've let myself down already. Still, hubby is making me some no point delicious soup ready to take to work this week so hopefully I can get on the straight and start loosing again. I'm actually quite motivated this morning so fingers crossed.

Good luck with the Zumba Ang - I have the DVD's and I love them - does make you pooped though :)

Hope you all have a good day and have enjoyed your holidays those who have been away

xxx

Weigh in days:
Becca - Saturday
Clare - Tuesday
Karen - Saturday
Suzanne -
Toni -
Eabha - Wednesday
Ang - Wednesday
Sai - Wednesday

Morning everyone.

You really made me laugh Becca with the " let's eat all the goodies up and then they're out of the way for tomorrow when I start my diet " How many times have I been there ?!!!

Well today is day 1 but I'm not getting on the scales until Wed next week as I can't see there being much change for this Wed and I know it'll make me disappointed.

Good luck everybody
Luv Ang x

Hi, my name is lee. But I'm not one of you ladies. But hope I am still welcome to join your summer challenge as ang252 pointed me in your direction.

I lost 5 stone on WW discover plan but lost my way when they introduced pro points. It just didn't work for me.

I have since put on 2 stone and have decided to draw a line under it and get back on the wagon. I have found my old discover plan pack and old menus and will rediscover good habits.

I have started my diet today and would like to weigh in on a Monday morning starting 9th jan.

I hope you accept me into your little club as I feel this would replace my old meetings which I no longer go to and we all have information and support which is useful to each other.

I'm new to this site and as yet have not been able to set up my profile. But once able to all my details will be available.

If I need to do or provide any other info then please let me know.

Happy dieting everyone and here's to a successful summer weigh in.

Oh and happy new year to everyone

Lee

Morning everyone

Just a quickie as have just got back to work (oh joy!!!!), just wanted to say welcome Lee, i'll add your name to our list in my lunch break when I have more time. Its fab to have you with us.

Ang - go girl, 18 points and Zumba. I'm hoping to start Zumba again from the DVD's on Wednesday as I have an hour before hubby comes home from work.

Well, boss has just come in so best shoot off.

Speak to you all later xx

Hi everyone, Could I join you all as well please?

I had a go at discovery for a week or so before Xmas, just to make sure it would work for me, as had tried so many fads, I had almost convinced myself nothing would work.

I did lose, but only stuck to it for a couple of weeks, was a stupid time to start, but I'm here for the long haul now.

I have lots of the old stuff, books, recipe books, calculator, kitchen scales, so it makes sense to use them, particulary seeing that many of you have had great success with this system.

I would prefer to get involved on here as it's 24/7 support, rather than a once a week meeting, so seems like the right choice for me.

Must warn you though, may be here a lot, as am home a lot as a carer.

I am 47, a new Grandma 3 months ago, divorced after 20 odd years last year, and it's time I got a life!!

Hi everyone and Happy New Year to you all :)

You know you can count me in on this Becca, thought about nothing else over the holiday period.

Well as of today i'm back on the pro points plan and back to the 29 points a day. My weigh in day is going to stay the same and still be Friday. Can't wait to get into shape and fingers crossed the shorts will be out for the summer :)

Its fab to have other people joining us, I am determined for this to be the summer that I wear a bikini with pride - something that has never happened before! I'm sick of hiding, this is going to be our year! :)

Weigh day today - I have decided to wait and do it after work on the digital scales in Boots so that I have a precise weigh in each week and can also monitor loss in body fat etc. Whatever it is today, I have a starting point - will post my start weight later.

Have a fab low fat day everyone! xx

Hello peeps :)

How is everyone doing?

I am soooooooooooooooo excited, our little group is getting bigger, I cant wait for us all to do this together once and for all.

Welcome Juicy and congratulations on being a Grandma :). WW definately works if you stick to it and with all the support we now have its going to be even better. What day is your weigh in going to be my lovely?

Clare - how was your break hun? Hope you had a fab time.

Suzanne - I know what you mean, every mouthful I took over Christmas I kept thinking about the calories and points that may be in it.

I was good yesterday and stuck to my points, and today have just had a delicious no-point soup for lunch so on track today at the mo.

Summer Challenge here we come ..... can't wait :clap:

xxxx

Weigh in days:
Becca - Saturday

Clare - Tuesday
Karen - Saturday
Suzanne - Friday
Toni -
Eabha - Wednesday
Ang - Wednesday
Sai - Wednesday
Lee - Monday
Juicy -

It was nice to get away thanks hon but was still feeling ill - I drank far too much hot chocolate with cream to try and make myself better, ha ha!

Just thinking - I have a load of Exante packs left over from when I tried that (and failed). They were so expensive I would like to try and use some, I have pointed them at 3.5 points each, so you think I could use them just like that as a replacement for the odd lunch etc? xx

i've never heard of Exante hun, but if you've pointed them I dont see why you couldn't use them, just guess you need to substitute a little and make sure you get your minimum 16 points a day.

Am glad you had a good time, shame you were feeling so poorly though! xxx

Back