SUMMER CHALLENGE 2012 :)

Thanks hon - I don't intend to replace all meals with them, just the occasional breakfast or lunch as they are really filling, I will just put them in my diary like I do normal food.

I know, it was a bit rubbish. I hope you had a good one? I'm feeling so motivated today, what's the deadline of our challenge, did we decide? xxx

I know what you mean - I am brimming with motivation and so exicted - never thought i'd be this geared up for a diet :). I think having so much support helps.

Oooo, urm, I dont think we did. I was going to aim for July, but shall we say the Summer Challenege is from now til 30th June (half way through the year I guess), then we can have a Winter challenge after that either for those of us who want to keep going or who just want to maintain?

x

Yes the support definitely helps! Normally I'd be eating rubbish today as I am not weighing til tonight, but with you lot behind me I feel like I am letting you down so I am being good!

30th June sounds good to me - if we leave it too far out we might lose motivation! xx

Thats what I thought - better to keep the thread fresh by changing it now and then :).

Well, back to work for me afraid - have a good 'rest of day' :)

Speak soon xx

Well day 2 and I've managed to stay on track. I can't say I haven't been tempted but stayed strong.

I hope your all getting on ok.

Good luck

Well done everyone for being good!

Just had 1st weigh in....11st 5 - that's the 6 pounds I lost when I was ill all back on! I want to lose 20 pounds please :)

Just spent a small fortune in M&S, their count on us meals are 3 for 2 - just eating a 7 point chicken tikka, yum! xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I have my first WI tomorrow since starting back. I was so good all week and then today I kinda blew it :mad: I've a bad cold and its my TOTM so this evening I went about 5 points over which isn't too bad given I did a good hour and half walk yesterday. I'm hoping to still be even down a lb tomorrow but we'll see. Hope everyone is having a good week :)

Ready too start another day......feeling positive. Shredded wheat with honey for breakfast this morning. Having home made butternut squash and roasted red pepper soup for lunch and pasta tonight...sorted!!!

I must admit I do find it easier when I plan the day out the night before.

Does any one else on the WW diet use the iwatchr app. It so helps with recording everything you eat throughout the day / week and keeps it real as you make the most of your points

Better carry on getting. Ready for work........hope you all have a great day

Time for a herbal tea.....nettle i believe. feeling a little peckish so will try this route.

Lee

does anyone weigh their banana's or do they just presume they are 1.5 points?

I use iwatchr, I love it for calculating points and keeping track!

I don't weigh bananas unless they are giants, ha :)

I am soooooooo motivated, I love this group - the support is fab. I am determined for this to work, so much so that I am going out for dinner on Friday and I have already found the menu, pointed it and made my choice :D

Here's to day 2 at 100%, have a fab day team mates xx

Hi, what activities do people do to help aid weight loss?
Myself i'm not a gym person.
i have 2 local parks near me which are quite large. usually at weekends me and the wife go walking at those parks (Ferry Meadows & Rutland Water) we usually walk for about 1 1/2 hours and its great getting out as i'm stuck in an office all week.
when i'm dieting we usually take a flask & Pack up with us dpending on how long were planning on staying.
But thats it for me and it seemed to work when i lost my weight before.
does anyone have any activities that seem to help them that do not involve a gym as i would like to try some other activities too this time round!!

Lee

Glad your so focused skinny. I too seem to be in the zone but it's only day 3.

I usually find the first 2 weeks are the hardest after that it usually blends in with my lifestyle and it doesn't play on my mind so much.

Go go discover and good luck

What helps you stay on track?

1. For me first and foremost is the support of my lovely wife. She understands the plan as well as me and give me the support I need.
2. My phone app. It keeps track of everything I eat and keeps a database of all the food and point values. Also has a point calculator to help whilst out and about.
3. Variety. Always try to have something different every day to keep it interesting.
4. Planning. If you have everything worked out a week ahead it helps take the headache out of it. Only takes an hour at the weekend. Just imagine your preparing for an exam or something.
5. Your end goal. May be a wedding or a holiday.
6. Why did you start. For me I went on a flight for my hols but only just managed to do my safety belt up quite embarrassing. Did I want to give up holidays. No! So I had to do something about it and managed to lose five stone on the DP. Lost my way on PP so back to DP.

Does anyone else have reasons to stay on track

Hadn't heard of iwatchr but just downloaded it, Lee. Thanks its great.
I usually log in a paper tracker and only have 1 week left in it so have been looking on e-bay to buy a new one but they're all propoints !!! So ta again :happy036:
I did go to the gym and did loads of walking when I lost weight last time but cancelled gym membership so now I'm doing my wii fit plus and wii zumba. I still enjoy going for a long walk though.
Hubby has just gone out so I'm about to throw myself into a zumba session so I'll have to go as I can't talk and zumba at the same time :angel09:

Hi ang,

Glad you find I watched useful. No more paper menus for you.
Only thing is you need to add all you foods but once that's done it's just maintenance. Enjoy your Zumba wiggle wiggle lol

Hi Guys!
Can you please count me on for the group.
My weigh in day is Tuesdays

I previously drop three dress sizes about 6 years back on WW old system and i have been on never ending disaster of diets trying to relive that glorious time lol.
Tried the new pro points system all geared up and ready to roll when it was launched and it was a complete waste of time.
So whats better than going back to what worked for you best hey especially now I can have the support along the way.

I've got all the tools here prepared, scaled, points calculators, cook books, eating out guide and all the rest. So i have no excuses.

I've put on a huge amount of weight since surgery and im still in recovery mode. So my young knee is no longer so young anymore...anyways going too keep positive and follow all my points, drink plenty of water and no late eating.

I will also be doing Zumba fitness DVD set and follow the program on a lower impact style to work with my current situation and I've ordered a kettle bell set for some toning.

Anyway folks please add me in and wish me luck!

Back