SUMMER CHALLENGE 2012 :)

Wow :) - sooooooooooooooooo many posts to catch up on. What a fantastic team we make - I love it love it love it :bighug:big hug to everyone. Its so encouraging and motivating.

Welcome Marli - lovely to have you with us. The more the merrier :).

Well done to those people having a good week so far. I've managed 3 good days now too. Eabha hun, dont be hard on yourself for a little downfall - TOTM is a bloomin nightmare at the best of times, I think us girlies here can all sympathise with that and the humungous cravings that come with it - especially for chocolate. Mmmmmmmmmmm - but bad!!!!!!!!! Its not easy but a little downfall once a month is no biggie, you've got another 3 weeks to make up for it :).

Clare - my weight loss twin, how are you hun? Snap - i'm 11st 5 again too!!!!. Oooooo, i've never tried the Count on Us range (apart from the chocolate muffin desserts which are on 2 1/2 points on the old system - they are sooooooo nice. I highly recommend them if you haven't tried them). What sort of points are the meals they do?

Lee - i'm with you on planning the night before, I have it all written down and pointed out for the next day. Snap - Butternut Squash soup for me too :). I find that by having low or no point soups for lunch it gives me more freedom in the evenings. With regards to exercise, definately Zumba for me. My hubby though who also needs to loose has taken up ballroom and latin dancing so we can dance together (i've been doing it since I was 5 - now 31), which gives him a good workout - and we can do it together, and he has also put a punch bag up in the garage which gets him in a right old sweat.

I think my reasons to stay are track are mainly because I am sick of looking in the mirror and thinking yuk!!!! Also, its such a nigtmare trying to find clothes that you are comfortable in. I think one of the worst things for me though is when I sit down I am conscious of how far my hips and back side spread and it feels horrible.

Well, I am trying to plan a suprise party for my folks so better get off to some other websites.

Speak to you all soon

big motivating hug :grouphugg:

Weigh in days:
Becca - Saturday
Clare - Tuesday
Karen - Saturday
Suzanne - Friday
Toni -
Eabha - Wednesday
Ang - Wednesday
Sai - Wednesday
Lee - Monday
Juicy -
Marli - Tuesday

Arrrrrrrrrrrrrr thanks Ange. :) It makes me so happy to know we're all helping each other.

Just remember though peeps, I did the easy bit in setting it up, its ALL of us who are doing the important bits by supporting and being there for each other. So a huge thank you to all of you too cos without each other things would be so much harder

xxx

Hi all,

It's great to see soo many people participating in this Summer Challenge :) I know some of you from before for the previous thread i was on and thats where Becca mentioned the idea of a summer challenge, so its nice to see some familiar faces and some new ones :)

Well one of my christmas presents was a set of ww digital scales, so i'm going to put them to the test on Friday and determine what my starting weight is.

The only exercise i do is swimming twice a week and i'm not the strongest swimmer so i only do on average 20 lengths each time i go. I haven't been for the past couple of weeks though due to one of my guilty pleasures - a new tattoo :) Starting again Wenesday next week so hopefully this will add to the bikin body that i have been dreaming about :)

Good luck everyone on your weight loss journeys :)

Wow, everyone is on top motivation form!

Becca that encourages me that we are exactly the same weight - I intend not to stay at this weight whilst you shrink! How much do you want to lose again?

The count on us meals I bought were all 7 points or under - I got chicken tikka, spinach and ricotta cannelloni, roast chicken, carbonara and thai green curry. I had the chicken tikka last night and it was gorgeous, good portion size and the chicken was lovely. Thai green curry for dinner tonight, mmmmm. I agree, the chocololate muffin dessert is lovely! I also got the chocolate mousse (1.5) to have a really indulgent pudding with 2 M&S meringues (1.5 for 2). This is serious diet heaven!!

My tip of the day - get some pink and whites and put one in the microwave for 8-10 seconds. OH MY GOD!! This is the best half point treat ever!! I've got such a sweet tooth, ha ha!

xx

What is your favourite treat whilst following the WW Discover plan & How Many Points?

Just trying to Rob you of a few ideas!!!! there may be something we haven't all tried before.

Lee

Hi all,

It's great to see soo many people participating in this Summer Challenge :) I know some of you from before for the previous thread i was on and thats where Becca mentioned the idea of a summer challenge, so its nice to see some familiar faces and some new ones :)

Well one of my christmas presents was a set of ww digital scales, so i'm going to put them to the test on Friday and determine what my starting weight is.

The only exercise i do is swimming twice a week and i'm not the strongest swimmer so i only do on average 20 lengths each time i go. I haven't been for the past couple of weeks though due to one of my guilty pleasures - a new tattoo :) Starting again Wenesday next week so hopefully this will add to the bikin body that i have been dreaming about :)

Good luck everyone on your weight loss journeys :)[/QU:DTE] i have a set of those scales!! i think there broke tho as they keep saying i'm overweight..hehehe:D

Thanks for the support Becca as it turns out I was down 1.5lbs at WI this morning :D So happy to be back on track and losing again! The thread has been very busy today which is great for support.

Clare that dessert sounds lovely. I've recently indulged in the aero mousse and some jelly but the aero ones are 2 points so I must try the M&S one with meringues.

Lee here are some of the things that keeps me on track:
- I was overweight all through secondary school and when I lost the weight in college I gained a lot of confidence in myself. I've made more friends and gotten more boys :rolleyes: I like my life now and I don't want to go back to how it was.

- Definitely the clothes is a major factor. I can now fit into a size 12 in dresses. However my trouser size is still the same which is a bit strange so I'd love to drop a few sizes in jeans.

- I have two main reasons why I want to lose weight this year. I have a ball in March and a holiday with college people in June so I'm focusing on them. I even have the initials BH on the food press in order to stop myself from indulging.

Regarding exercise, I do an hour and half walk whenever I can and if its raining then I do the Davina exercise DVD which is great for toning. Hope that helps :)

Well done on your loss UpTheDuff :) I hope i start having losses like that as i induldged way too much over the xmas period. I'm gonna have to try these m&s meals they sound lovely :)

i have a set of those scales!! i think there broke tho as they keep saying i'm overweight..hehehe:D

I've got a feeling that mine are going to be broke when i get on them on Friday aswel lol

Thanks for tidying that quote up Suzanne. It was the first time I used that option and I made a bit of a hash of it.

Well done uptheduff your on the right path. Let's hope we can all keep up with you.

By the way are you really up the duff?

I hope the weather goes to minus 10 so I can shiver off a few pounds....lol

How I'm helping my weight loss!!

Some of the Christmas presents that we got were tins of sweets/biscuits thorntons chocolates ferrero things so I've taken them to work and put them in the staff canteen so I don't get tempted because I know I would if I left them at home.

Thanks Suzanne and Lee. If I can lose then we all can. Its a matter of staying focused, tracking and being honest.

Haha no Lee thank God I'm not actually up the duff! My surname is Duffy so my friends call me up the duff as a joke so I have used it as my screen name on websites for years. You can call me Eabha :)

ang2252 said:
Well done Eabha.
I'd be happy with 1 1/2 lb loss.

Hit the send button too soon !!
Was about to say you'll soon drop a few sizes and be able to buy smaller jeans.

I was a size 23-26 at my biggest and got down to a 10-12 jeans but a 14 top( hate my big boobs )

That was 4 yrs ago and now am a 12-14 jeans and 14-16 top so need to get back on track or I'll be back in XXXXL !!!!

Thanks Ang for your support. Its 8 weeks til my college ball and 21 weeks til my sun holiday so I've decided I'd love a lb a week which will give me 21lbs hopefully by June! We can all do it together and hopefully we'll succeed :)

Its great to hear about the jeans because I feel like I'll never drop a size in them. Its always nice to hear when others succeed. I'm still a size 16 which is too big on the waist but my thighs won't fit into a size 14 :rolleyes:

Good morning all!!! How did we all do yesterday? Did we all manage to stay on track? I'm pleased to say I did so moving onto day 4 for me.

Breakfast this morning is shreddies with an apple and banana throughout the morning oh and a few warm drinks.

Still feeling quite focused menus all sorted. Looking forward to the weekend to get back into the weekend walking.

Question for anyone who has the answer!! Do bovril & marmite have 0 points values. If this is the case I might start using them....thanks in advance!

Morning ang, how are you finding the app you downloaded?

Lee

Mornin' Lee

I've searched loads of web sites for you and it does seem that Marmite and Bovril are FREE so go ahead and indulge :).

I love the app and have thrown out my paper tracker, thank you. Saved me a few bob there .

I'm on day 4. Been really good but got my grandaughter for the day today and she always wants to bake .....so wish me luck.

I can't wait for the better weather as I am a golf niut and am missing going out there getting some exercise I enjoy

Keep up the good work everyone

Back