SUMMER CHALLENGE 2012 :)

Morning guys!
Welcome Lou Mo. How are we all feeling today. It's my nieces birthday today and I will be off to Frankies & Bennys, I'm looking forward to the salmon fishcakes ( kindly suggested by Skinny. May past on the birthday cake.
Anyways I've got 2 more sleeps until my weigh in, I haven't even taken a wee peck as I would of normally on my scales.

@Lee I haven't been using my exercise points either,I decided not too also. I think it's the best way. However it's always good just for a backup in emergences incase you go over slightly.

Has anyone got any decent breakfast suggestions for 2/3 points?

Marli x

Morning team!!

So pleased that we can welcome more newbies and that everyone is still so full of positivity :)

I went out last night and for the first time in my life ate lettuce in a curry house!! With dry chicken tikka but I normally leave the salad and opt for a korma! Those days are no more :)

Marli - 3 points for breakfast - poached egg on a slice of toast? WW petit pain with a slice of bacon? Cereal? Fruit smoothie? I'm on the run this morning so it's a special k bar and 2 clementines for me for a total of 2 points.

xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Mornin' all :)

Hope you are all well today. It's a lovely day up here in Haydock so I'm going to try and fit in a round of golf after lunch if it keeps dry. Haven't managed to get out on the course since November with the bad weather plus Xmas etc and it's such good exercise.

Jo & Becca - wow I do envy you both living in such lovely parts of the country
Becca - if you can manage to get into nursing it's such a rewarding if tiring career.
I was around 30 when I trained but when I trained we did most of our learning on the wards with 7 week study blocks in between specialities. I loved my training and made lots of good friends who I still go out with now. But your main aim now is to get your IVF sorted so good luck with that.

Marli - Hope you were good at Frankie and Bennys with your little niece. I have a 6 year old grandson who is totally blind and he loves frankie and Bennies but he calls it Banky anf Freddies:party0051::party0051:

Eabha - I know what you mean with DVDs but I got a Zumba disc for my Wii at Xmas and thought that I would never use it but I gave it a go and love it. I don't feel as though it's exercise but I sweat ( sorry perspire) like mad. Once you make the move and go for it you'll enjoy it:stickdance::stickdance::stickdance:

Karchr _ Don't think we've met before so "hello". It's 13 weeks to 8th April so you will have no problems getting to your target by then. You go for it girl and we'll all be right behind you:welcome2:

Lou Mo - Yes I am "petite" but only in height sadly.(4ft 10....and a half)
I joined WW 7 yrs ago at just under 15 stone and was put on 22 points. It took me 3 years to lose 6 stone and had to stay on 16-17 points to lose the final stone. I kept to 18 pts for a long while and stayed around 9 !/2 st but eventually stopped counting and hence I'm another stone heavier and needing your support:slap:

Lee - lovely Lee my mind went into overdrive at the thought of you 7st in your vest:angeldevil:

Well going to my Father in Laws (he's 88!!!)with my lovely hubby then hopefully to the golf course

Luv Ang x

Hey,
Just got in from the birthday celebrations for my 3 year old niece, had such a lovely day...ahhhh she looked soo cute:)

I was a bit thrown as we were unable to go to Frankies and Bennys after all, it completely messed me up...all that planning i had done. Lucky enough i had the good old eating out guide with me, we went to Pizza Hut in the end. I really would have stayed away from that place if it was down to me but i had no choice, anyways they have changed the menu so the info in my guide was a bit dated, which was a bit of a struggle. So i ended up having a chicken pasta dish (9pts) and a slice of pizza (4.5pts), i passed on the birthday cake and took it home instead to be polite. Anyways didnt do too bad afterall as i have stuck to my daily points, i do hope its accurate!

I feel like a stuffed chicken, my stomach must be shrinking! I feel sooooo bloated. Peppermint tea it is for me.
Zumba dvd in the morning, i do love a bit of wiggle lol

A big welcome to Safc too x

Hope everyone had a fab weekend.

Hi everyone can I join the challenge? Lost 2 st last year, then went to pro points and was a complete fail, ended up not following it and have now put on another 1! Planning to start back on discover on wednesday.

Morning all...that weekend went too quickly...why can't the weeks go that quickly and weekends last longer. Sigh!!!!

Well my little beauties I've weighed in this morning and the results have been checked by an independent adjudicator....that means my wife.. and the result iiiiiiiiiiiiiiss a 2.5lb loss.

Happy with that..that's made me walk around a little taller this morning and feeling pleased with myself. Now to carry on with the same enthusiasm this week.

Breakfast this morning is shredded wheat with honey
Lunch is king prawn salad with a touch o mayo and some oatcakes
Dinner is beef stew and a couple of WW yogurts

I hoped everyone has a good weigh in this week and good luck!!!

Don't forget to keep smiling everyone!!!!!

Thanks ang,

With that result you will be pleased to hear that i now have to lose a point as i've gone into another stone bracket...so only 33 now.:cry:

any plans for another golfing attempt;)

Have to admit Sunday was the first day that i started to feel a little peckish so i broke off a stick of celery and spread marmite over it....seemed to do the trick:eek:

i think that was brought on by a lazy day Sunday.

i booked a holiday for June in the lake district to have a bit of an active Holiday
so its given me a goal to aim for.

Never been before but always toyed with the idea as we usually go abroad to visit family as my wife is Italian so we fancied a change as it can be quite time consuming visiting the relatives and no me time. so were being a bit selfish this year. :flirt2:
research time now.. we've booked into a Hotel in Haweswater but need to find the best days out in the surrounding areas.

Has anyone been there before who can suggest good places to go?:confused:

enjoy your day

Thanks safc & Jo for the encouragement. Feeling positive about having another focused week. And the result at the end of it.

I will be doing another walk this weekend. Certainly feel better afterwards.

Also downloaded an app which tracks your route and tells you how many calories you burn whilst doing it as it measure your speed too. You can also use it for running or cycling really good app as you can take pictures on your route and it tags them to the map. Called walktastic if anyone is interested.

Happy lunchtime everyone

Hi everyone - a very Happy Monday to you all :)

Did you all have good weekends?

Marli - have you got the Zumba bug too? Which DVD have you got? I bought mine from QVC and it came with about 5 disks and the toning sticks. I am sooooooooooooooooo unfit - I did a good session on Saturday and it wore me out!!

Eabha - how is everything in your world hun?

Karen - good luck for a positive first week :)

Welcome to Busy Bee, Lou Mo and Safc - this thread is getting so busy now - I love it :)

Lee - a huuuuuuuuuugggggggggggggggeeeeeeeeeeeeee well done to you :). Am really pleased for you. Keep up the good work. (not too keen on the sound of celery and marmite together or apart, but dont they say celery has negative calories :)).

Jo - I never thought about your body going into startvation mode if you dont use all your points!!!!!! Have to bear that in mind.

Twinny - how was your Sunday hun? When is your first weigh in day going to be? are you going for next Sat?

afm - I had quite a good weekend enjoyment wise, but not too sure about food as we had 2 family get togethers. I did try to be really careful though and I am still sooooooooooooo focussed and motivated - thank you for that my lovelys cos its all your fault :)

Well, I have my menus planned out for the entire week so hopefully will be looking at a loss next Saturday. Also have my Zumba programmed in for 4 times this week.

a huge hug to everyone

Speak later xxxx

Weigh in days:
Becca - Saturday
(wk 1) STS :(
Clare - Tuesday
Karen - Saturday
Suzanne - Friday
Toni -
Eabha - Wednesday
(wk 1) - 1.5lb
:)
Ang - Wednesday
Sai - Wednesday
Lee - Monday (wk 1) - 2.5lb :)
Juicy -
Marli - Tuesday
Rewind - Wednesday

Claire 2 - Monday
Busy Bee - Wednesday
Loumo - Saturday
Safc - Tuesday

Well done lee :)

Thanks Suzanne.

Enjoyed my lunch today!!!

Good evening guys!

Hope we are all feeling fabulous!

Well done Lee Hi 5!!!

This is the week of the first weigh in for most of us, im looking forward to it, its about feeling positive and remembering that even if we don't do as well as we hope, its not the end of the world just keep on persevering...hard work always pays off....even if its eventually.
So a big good luck to everyone and hoping the week ahead is full of positiveness! x

@Becca
Yes i have the Zumba fitness dvd set (6 workouts) with toning sticks, it comes with the journal ' total body transformation'. I love Zumba, i used to go to the classes three times a week in 2010 but had to stop. I got my set just after Xmas and have been trying to follow the drop a dress size workout plan but i go easy on my leg but it still makes my heart pump! Zumba is fab especially if you love to dance!

Evening all

Hope everyone is ok :). Marli - yes that the Zumba set I have - its so addictive. I've never been to a class but love the DVD's.

Just had a yummy M&S COunt on Us Chicken Tikka for 6.5 points and just going to have a Skinny cow for 1.5. Did 30 mins Zumba tonight too so going good.

A fab brekkie recommendation (I have them sometimes as a treat) - for 5 points Tescos Blueberry muffin :).

Its quite quiet on here this evening so will look in tomorrow :)

Hope you've all had a good day and have a fab one tomorrow - just remember 'slim feels better than food tastes and lasts a lot longer :)'

big hug of encouragement for the week :bighug:

Evening all!!

Well done on your loss Lee :) and well done to everyone else for staying on track!

Becca it is weigh in tomo morning - I'm praying for a good loss as I've been 100% and feel like I've lost so I'll be gutted if it's not a couple of pounds. I've got the QVC zumba set too - if I wasn't working 8-8 at the moment I'd dig it out now! How was the rest of your weekend?

Marli glad you enjoyed the meal and still stayed on track, that's fab news! And congrats on staying strong against the cake :)

I can't remember what other posts there are and can't see them on my phone now I'm writing a post, so just a general big encouraging hug to all of you :)

I've been out visiting a venue today for a big event I'm working on, and luckily there was 3 of us there as part of the day was food tasting and I refused to do it, ha! They had to try so many nice dishes including my favourite - Thai green curry. And one of my face puds, chocolate torte! I sat there with a bag of ww cheese puffs and felt so proud of myself for not losing control :)

One step at a time I've realised....fingers crossed for tomorrow! xx

Oh, and a massive good luck to my fellow Tuesday weigh-in mates! :) x

Back