SUMMER CHALLENGE 2012 :)

Morning marli,

Here is the info for smartphone WW tracker and point calculator.

The app can be found at the apple store and android market so it's available on the two main platforms. So if your phone runs on any of those this could be a really helpful tool to aid you in your weight loss.

The app allows you to store all your favourite food and point values in its database and you add to it as you go. Once you've added all your foods it's just a case of adding new items as you discover more.
Once you've added your foods it allows you to track what you've eaten for that day and you can build your menus in advance. It really does take the hard work out of planning.
The other tool in the app is a points calculator which is great for when you go shopping and you want to check out values before you buy. The calculator can be used using pro points or discover plan you just set the one you want to use.

This really does help you on your way. Ang2252 has downloaded it and finds it useful too.

The app name IWATCHR.

enjoy and if you have any questions please ask

Hi,
Can I join please, I'm
Desperate to loose weight, and don't like the new pp, I've done discovery in the past, and done well.
I want to loose 3 and half stone. I will start on Monday as its my brothers 40 th this weekend.
Claire

P.s does anyone have a 0 point soup recipe please.xx

Hi chubby chops,

i think im right in saying that anyone is welcome here. Becca runs the thread and keeps track of all our losses should you choose to submit them.

all of us on here are desperate to loose the weight and i think you will find we are all working from the discover plan.

There are a lot of people who didnt get on with pro points so have returned to the plan that they lost weight on before.

i myself lost 5 stone using the Discover plan and was thwarted buy the introduction of Pro Points. it didnt work for me i gained weight and lost faith in it. i ended up giving up all together and as a result gained 2 stone in about 15 months.
but i like most have decided to draw a line under it and started back with the dicover plan Monday.
i hope you find your way and if you have any questions then just post them on here and one of us will be more than glad to help.
we all have information that is useful to others and that way we have a better chance to succeed in what were trying to achieve.

goog luck in your quest

Morning Peeps

yey .................... its Friday :). a 3.30 finish for me too. Yippee :). FIrst week back always seems to be a long one.

Claire my twin - snap again, I stick at 10st 4lb and its a bloomin nightmare to get under it. Having said that once i'm there i dont tend to go over it unless i'm really silly with my eating.

Ange - well done you on not eating the cupcakes :). Ooooh, I love those warbutons sarnie thins - i've got one today :). How was the golf club? HOpe you had a gab time

Rewind and Chuuby Chops - welcome. Its so nice to have you join our little team (not so little any more :)). Chubby i'll put you down as Claire 2 hun if ok.

Marli - go girl, sounds like you're having a fab week :)

Lee - WW Cornettos ................ yum yum yum, I luuuuuurve them :)

Junk in the trunk, the only thing I can say hun is that you need to have a firm goal set in your head. I think it helps me to get rid of all the junk food in the house, and to plan my meals the day before so I know exactly what i'm eating and dont go off track. You and / or your hubby are most welcome to join us if you'd like to. I've found the support on here is amazing and so motivating.

Sorry if i've missed anyone - think i've caught up :)

Well, afm - am rather dissapointed to be honest. I am out tonight for a family thing and also tomorrow so I have weighed in this morning, and I have STS. I am still really determined and will keep going but it has given me a bit of a :(. Hey ho, i'm trying to be realistic though - its only been a 4 day week really, I haven't done any exercise, TOTM is looming and Christmas is only just over. So, onwards and upwards for next week. i've back tracked over my food diaries and next week will try cutting out alcohol all together and sticking to around 17.5 points a day if I can.

SPeak to you all at lunch time :)
xxx

Weigh in days:
Becca - Saturday (wk 1) STS :(
Clare - Tuesday
Karen - Saturday
Suzanne - Friday
Toni -
Eabha - Wednesday (wk 1) - 1.5lb
Ang - Wednesday
Sai - Wednesday
Lee - Monday
Juicy -
Marli - Tuesday

Rewind - Wednesday
Claire 2 - Monday

Morning becca,
Don't be to down on yourself at least you haven't gained!!!
You should still weigh yourself on your planned day as sometime it balances out and might surprise you. And if not at least you know why.
I hope you enjoy your days out but don't go mad see how strong you can be.

I myself don't drink so don't have the affects of alcohol in my body. I used to drink but always felt Hungry afterwards so I understand.

Ready for my mid morning coffee and small box of raisins. Nearly the weekend everyone

Looking forward to Saturday mornings breakfast………Bacon Rolls:)

WW petit paine rolls 1.5 points x 2
WW bacon medallions .5 points each x 4
If you fancy a little butter 10g x 2 points

A total of 7 points….wow that leaves me 24 points for the rest of the day!!!:D
If you have less points than me then just halve the portion and enjoy your weekend breakfast!!!;)

Hi everyone :)

Well i weighed myself this morning to determine my starting weight and this is 10 stone 11 and a half. My first weigh in will be next Friday so fingers crossed i can stick to it after all the christmas bingeing :( I really do hope i lose a few pounds.

I'm currently trying to get off the Depo injection after 8 years of being on it as i've read some really bad reviews about it and peoples personal experiences which i can actually relate to. I know it hasn't got anything to do with this thread but i just thought i would mention it as one of the side effects of the injection is weight gain and i did gain nearly a stone within 2 months when i first went on it all those years ago and i didn't change what i ate and was actually more active than what i am now and from some peoples personal experiences when they have come off the injection they have noticed a loss in weight. My point being is if i do lose quite a bit of weight in the next couple of weeks/months it might not just be down to my diet, but also down to my body ridding of this injection.

Becca - I had some spanish writing on my side in a kind of wavy line. That now makes 9 tattoos that i have, they really are quite addictive. I always tend to have my tattoos in places that can be seen if i want them to be seen and covered up if i dont, if that makes sense? I'm 24 and i know when i get really old and wrinkly they won't look as good but i don't mind as they are all unique to me and represent the person i am :)

Hi peeps

Lunch time at last - a warburtons square flat roll today with smoked ham, a ww yog, banana and packet of velvet crisps (has anyone else tried those - only 1 point a pack :)). Am trying to stay positive and have just spent 15 mins planning all meals for next week to make sure I stay on track. Am wondering if the alcohol hasn't helped this week (I was going to give up wine for New Year but you cant do everything in one go :)), although I have had the WW wine and counted it, and only had 1 glass a night. Hmpfh!!!!!!!!!! Hey ho - onwards and inwards hopefully :)

Sounds nice Suzanne. They are very addictive. My first one was a celtic moon on my left upper arm, followed by a celtic band underneath, then 3 chinese symbols on my right upper arm, a bee on my breast just because I went with a friend who was having one and I couldn't resist, then a flow and symbol thingy on my lower back :). Its the celtic ones i'm getting rid of - the moon has nearly gone. My biggest problem is because I do a lot of ballroom and latin dancing its a pain in the back side trying to always find clothes that will cover them (and I had gone off those ones to be honest).

Does anyone have anything nice planned for the weekend? Its all food again for me, 30th birthday party tomorrow (will try and eat before I go though so I dont pick too much at the buffet - and will take my own WW wine perhaps), then mums for roast on Sunday - have already decided that I will have mostly veg and then maybe have point free soup in the evening).

Well, hope you all have a good one whatever you do. Will check in at some point tomorrow

xxxx

Becca your lunch sounds loveley :) i've never heard of the velvet crisps? I found out that worcester sauce french fries are only 2 points per bag which is great as they are the same value as ww crisps :) I think this is pretty good when you compare it to a bag of walkers crisps at 4 points :(

Becca- I can understand why your tattoos are hard to cover up with the ballroom dancing etc They do actually make a foundation that can cover up tattoos, i can't remember what it is called but years ago my friend used it to hide a tattoo that she had done when she went on her holidays and its brilliant stuff.

I think I know the foundation you mean - I cant remember what its called either but there was one I used to get from the chemist - ah, remembered, it was Dermablend I think.

The Velvet crisps you can get in Tesco, they are really nice. The Walkers baked crisps are only 1.5 points a pack x

Happy Friday friends!!

Uptheduff - I'm also going for one pound a week, slow but steady and keep it off (hopefully!)

Marli - Good luck at the weekend, this is also my worst time when I normally mess everything up but it's good to know some of you will be about, so I will keep checking in for support!

Claire - welcome to the group! Have a fab weekend and good luck for starting on Monday :)

Twin Becca - We will get under 10.4 this time, this is our year remember!! Have a fab time at the weekend, just plan as much as you can and go for the sensible options and you'll be fine. TOTM and the fact Christmas is only just over will defo make this first week harder, but its about the long term not just today :) please don't be disheartened, I am going to facebook you my mobile number so there is no excuse, just text if you feel like cheating and I will be there to kick you! ;)

Suzanne - I hope coming off the injection helps your losses, however you get there doesn't matter, we will support you all the way!

Enjoy the rest of your day and thanks everyone for your support this week - I am on day 4 of 100% weight watchers and even have a couple of points saved for the weekend :) xx

i just had some of those velvet crunch crisps at lunch time too. really are worth the point. they also sell them in morrisons.

Has anyone tried the weight watchers eclairs. There nice too and only 1.5 points per eclair

If you went to the ww meetings you may have noticed on the table that was selling the merchandise they used to have packets of hard boiled sweets for about 1 point per box. Well marks and spencer’s sell the equivalent of those for about 70/80p they do several flavours….butterscotch, mint, citrus & strawberry and cream.

Thanks Skinny :)

Loving all the support on here :) i know that everyones circumstances are different and everyone has different amounts of weight they want to lose but its nice to know that we are all doing it together :)

Good afternoon Team,

@Lee thanks for the info, ive checked it out on my iphone and it will be a definate purchase!

Ive continued to be really good today, but i have to admit im feeling a little yuk :cry:, ive come on to my TOTM and im weighing in on Tuesday, i know i should lose as ive really been focused but... and a BIG but as its that time for us women the scales are likely not to be a real representation due to water excess. I know this shouldn't be worrying me but i have to admiiit im feeling anxious!
Even that i know I've done well the results on the scales have such a big downer on me...does anyone else ever feel like this?:mad:

Anyways let me try and keep positive and maybe drinking loads of water before I weigh will make a bit of difference to keep me smiling.

Today i was really feeling the burn from the kettlebell workout last night, im considering doing another set today..

Really looking forward to dinner this evening, I picked up a sweet chilli stone baked pizza yum (6.5points for half). I really watched my points today, had a some fruit today for breakfast and a ham sandwich with a scone (lighter choices Tesco) with jam and a lovely cup of tea for lunch.

And as it Friday im gonna pick up a bottle of pepsi Max to have with a brandy or two which will be no more than 2 points, i will be measuring.

Afternoon everybody,
Wow I've had a busy day. Couldn't sleep last night due to the ONE GLASS OF WINE at the golf club....(Yes I managed to stick at one) :innocent0002:so got up and at 2.15am started taking down the Xmas tree !!! Went back to bed around 3.30am and slept til 8.30am.

Got up and then took the rest of the Xmas decs down and hubby went into loft while I passed all the boxes up and down the ladder to him....who needs Zumba !!! :angel09:
Then after lunch of home made chicken casserole (4pts) went for a long walk for 2 hours with my
lovely hubby.

Welcome to Rewind and Chubby Chops (you wont be that for longwith the support you'll get on here) :welcome2::welcome2:

Claire 2 I have a lovely recipe for Butternut Squash and ginger soup which is 0 pts
Peel and dice a bns add 1clove garlic, chop a sml piece ginger about size of thumb nail and add that. Season with black pepper and salt, cover with water and bring to boil. Simmer for about 20-25 min and blend. Its really thick and smooth. Making myself feel hungry!!

Eabha- Keep aiming for 1lb a week and you'll lose 2 stone by June...bikini here she comes

Marli- Exercise is a devil if you don't keep it up isn't it? I haven't done much except play golf for months so my body had one hell of a shck last week when I hit the Zumba

Skinny- I like the idea of hiding the scales. Mine wink at me everytime I pass them and shout C'mon slimbo get on me and then when I do they burst out laughing and say Fooled you again Fatty !

Lee- I hate you 31pts !!!!!
That's almost double my allowance

Suzanne- I was a nurse practitioner before I decided to take early, early retirement and I gave many Depo injections and like you most of the patients ended up coming to my diet clinic to lose weight. The problem is that once you have the injection it's in your system for 3 months, not like the pill were you can stop the side effects by stopping taking the tablet straight away. Keep going with WW and our support though and try something other than the Depo as 8 years is an awful long time to be on it

And finally Becca- Don't be disheartened my love. You'll probably get a brilliant weight loss next week. I know it's hard when you've been really good all week and we've all been there and can sympathise you. Enjoy your 30th party tomorrow, get up and boogy all night so you won't even think of the buffet table.

Well that's all folks. going to relax in front of the TV (after my Tesco lighly dusted Haddock 3pts and bns chips for dinner) for a well earned rest

Luv Ang x

Hey ang. Sorry I made a mistake with my points I actually have 34 points.......mmmmmmm but I do have a lot to lose!!!!!!!

Enjoy your weekend all

Back