Summer fruit!

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by judimac, 15 July 2009 Social URL.

1. judimac

judimac Mad old Bat with Attitude

Start Weight:
    14st5lb
    Diet:
    WW
    I love this time of year! I went to our local veg shop and came away ladened with nectarines, local strawberries, apricots, peaches. They also had MASSIVE local cucumbers for 70p and they are alot cheaper than the supermarkets! Can't wait for my own stuff to be ready, tho I've got salad leaves, cos lettuce spring onions , potatoes and mangetout all producing already!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Iris

Iris Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st6lb
    Current Weight:
    8st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st8lb
    Lost(%):
    7st11lb(47.39%)
    Diet:
    Calorie counting (also known as relentless self-denial)
    I hear you! I don't know what the heck I'm going to do come the autumn/winter after I've got used to all this lovely fruit and veg. I think I may croak!

I got greedy buying strawberries at a farmer's market last week and had 3 leftover punnets threatening to go to waste, so I made up some (relatively) low sugar jam with them today. 2lbs of strawbs to make one little jar of jam - feels sinful, but tastes oh-so-luscious.

My mum's a Devon girl born and bred and she's been poorly lately so I whipped up a big fluffy scone round and served it up with the jam and a pot of clotted cream for afternoon tea. Seems to have perked her up! :p

judimac likes this.
  4. judimac

judimac Mad old Bat with Attitude

Start Weight:
    14st5lb
    Diet:
    WW
    What a lovely thing to do!

5. Iris

Iris Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st6lb
    Current Weight:
    8st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st8lb
    Lost(%):
    7st11lb(47.39%)
    Diet:
    Calorie counting (also known as relentless self-denial)
    Can't take much saintly credit for it, judi, I just love baking! But it was lovely to see her tuck in to something with gusto.

Speaking of the lovely fruit available right now, I think I'm hooked on apricots! Got a bag of rather iddy-bitty sized ones yesterday and I've nearly finished the lot, greedy girl that I am.

6. Frontier-Phil

Frontier-Phil Silver Member

Diet:
    SW-Red
    Its great !!! We spent the afternoon picking, strawbs, rasberries, and blackberries. I love soft summer fruits.

Phil x

7. squiddie

squiddie Starting Again!

Start Weight:
    27st9lb
    Current Weight:
    23st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    3st11lb(13.7%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I love Strawberry picking too. Last time I went was in the last heatwave and all that was left were all the burnt ones!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.