Summer fruit!

judimac

Mad old Bat with Attitude
I love this time of year! I went to our local veg shop and came away ladened with nectarines, local strawberries, apricots, peaches. They also had MASSIVE local cucumbers for 70p and they are alot cheaper than the supermarkets! Can't wait for my own stuff to be ready, tho I've got salad leaves, cos lettuce spring onions , potatoes and mangetout all producing already!

I hear you! I don't know what the heck I'm going to do come the autumn/winter after I've got used to all this lovely fruit and veg. I think I may croak!

I got greedy buying strawberries at a farmer's market last week and had 3 leftover punnets threatening to go to waste, so I made up some (relatively) low sugar jam with them today. 2lbs of strawbs to make one little jar of jam - feels sinful, but tastes oh-so-luscious.

My mum's a Devon girl born and bred and she's been poorly lately so I whipped up a big fluffy scone round and served it up with the jam and a pot of clotted cream for afternoon tea. Seems to have perked her up! :p

What a lovely thing to do!

Can't take much saintly credit for it, judi, I just love baking! But it was lovely to see her tuck in to something with gusto.

Speaking of the lovely fruit available right now, I think I'm hooked on apricots! Got a bag of rather iddy-bitty sized ones yesterday and I've nearly finished the lot, greedy girl that I am.

Its great !!! We spent the afternoon picking, strawbs, rasberries, and blackberries. I love soft summer fruits.

Phil x

Back