Summergirl I have a mew recipe for you!!

Discussion in 'Lipotrim Forum' started by RachieRoo, 10 April 2009 Social URL.

1. RachieRoo

RachieRoo Silver Member

Start Weight:
    12st0lb
    Current Weight:
    9st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st13lb
    Lost(%):
    2st9lb(22.02%)
    Diet:
    Lipo Trim
    Hey Summer (and anyone else obsessed with baking!) Here's a really simple and delish one to try... My family have been baking 'teabread' for years. Its fat free which is a bonus and in todays batch I put in some crushed oatibix to improve the fibre content. I also substitute the cinamon for mixed spice and you can add all sorts, cherries nuts , seeds etc to make it even healthier. I shall be having this once a have refed (obviously small slices) as you could do lo-sugar variations etc.
    Anway enough of my banter...here it is (taken from Waitrose website):

Mixed Fruit and Cinnamon Tea Loaf

This tea loaf is full of semi-dried fruit and is virtually fat free - better still, it is so lovely and moist you don't need any butter or cream to go with it. It is best eaten on the day it is made.

Preparation time : 20 minutes, plus at least 4 hours soaking Cooking time : 1 ½ hours, plus cooling Total time : 1 hour 50 minutes, plus at least 4 hours soaking and cooling [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Makes: 12 slices

Ingredients

1 Waitrose Ceylon tea bag
    300g Waitrose Soft Five Fruit Medley
    175g light brown soft sugar
    2 medium eggs, beaten
    225g plain flour
    1 tsp baking powder
    1 tsp ground cinnamon

Method

1. Pour 300ml boiling water into a measuring jug with the tea bag and leave to infuse for 4-5 minutes. Using a pair of scissors, cut the mixed fruit medley into small, sultana-sized pieces and place in a large bowl. Pour the hot tea over, then discard the tea bag. Stir well, cover with clingfilm and leave to soak for 4-5 hours or overnight.
    2. Preheat the oven to 180°C, gas mark 4. Butter and line the base of a 900g loaf tin. Stir the sugar and then the eggs into the fruit mixture. Sift in the flour, baking powder and cinnamon and stir the mixture until thoroughly combined.
    3. Pour the mixture into the prepared tin and bake for 1½ hours, or until a skewer inserted into the middle comes out clean. Cover the top with foil if the loaf starts browning too much.
    4. Cool in the tin for 10 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack. Serve cold, cut into slices.
    Cook's tips

To freeze, wrap well in baking parchment or in a large freezer bag before freezing. Thaw for about 4 hours at room temperature then slice and serve.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Sara4

Sara4 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    15st6lb
    Current Weight:
    15st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Lipotrim
    Ummmmm! My sis made one of these recently and it looked yum! I couldn't try it as on lipo! Will defo try this when I refeed!

But Sumergurl, if you make one before then you could post me some of that too!!!!! LOL!

4. summergurl

summergurl ♥3 Years Maintaining♥

Start Weight:
    19st6lb
    Current Weight:
    11st6lb
    Lost(%):
    8st0lb(41.18%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Lipotrim, Exante
    mm sounds good!!!

I have just finished baking choc chip and hazlenut muffins (again lol) and pecan shortbread biscuits :D

5. beccamckecca

beccamckecca Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st4lb
    Current Weight:
    9st13.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st5lb
    Lost(%):
    2st4.5lb(18.9%)
    Diet:
    lipotrim
    sounds soo nice!

6. RachieRoo

RachieRoo Silver Member

Start Weight:
    12st0lb
    Current Weight:
    9st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st13lb
    Lost(%):
    2st9lb(22.02%)
    Diet:
    Lipo Trim
    ooh pecan shortbread yummy! where you get the recipe for that? x

7. summergurl

summergurl ♥3 Years Maintaining♥

Start Weight:
    19st6lb
    Current Weight:
    11st6lb
    Lost(%):
    8st0lb(41.18%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Lipotrim, Exante
    I got the recipe from a cooking programme on tv called barefoot contessa - but type in google pecan shortbread recipe and that one should come up! i just halfed the quantities cuz hers was for like 50cookies lol

Family think theyre great so bonus! :D lol

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.