Summer's weight loss journey - one day at a time

1300 calories a day with a few more on gym days if I want them. Its so nice to be able to have cheese and milk in one day without feeling ive "wasted" syns on one. I guess if I did green and red I wouldn't feel like that but ive always been an EE girl.

My polar watch has been brill for calorie tracking in the gym so I know accurately what ive burnt.

Went to pizza express for lunch the other day, was amazing to have a leggera pizza! Had the goats cheese one for 415 kcal which would have been 21 syns. Even better was the the 2 4 1 pizza deal with my orange weds code that I used again on the evening to go and see the Jack Ryan movie.

Ah man, I didn't realise you did EE! I find EE the most restrictive these days- I really need my double cheese portion and double HexB!
Calorie counting sounds great apart from the counting part- effort! haha
Polar watch sounds awesome! I wanted to get one but didn't think I was dedicated enough to exercise to warrant the cost... I bet they keep you motivated tracking the calories burnt so accurately?

How was your weekend? :) x

Weekend was good but involved a bit too much to drink! Like you I managed to resist pizza though.

Have had a week off work and not really stuck to my calories at all apart from one or two days. I find time off a challenge with any diet though and am far more likely to eat meals out or drink alcohol when im on leave. Back to work today and its been a hellish shift :(
Interested to see what the scales say weds!

Weekend was good but involved a bit too much to drink! Like you I managed to resist pizza though. Have had a week off work and not really stuck to my calories at all apart from one or two days. I find time off a challenge with any diet though and am far more likely to eat meals out or drink alcohol when im on leave. Back to work today and its been a hellish shift :( Interested to see what the scales say weds!
i didn't resist pizza :(

I can imagine while working there is less time to snack amd think about food... I do end up at the fridge dozens of times in a day working from home :rolleyes:
Still, we gotts live on days off, it's so nice to drink sometimes and well done for resisting the pizza! X

1 lb on this week. Opps. Going to cut back to 1200 cals and really stick with it this week. Feel really bloaty this morning which I think maybe from having bread and pasta in one day although restricted portions.
2 more weigh ins until my holiday to Gran Canaria so got to try and be a bit more dedicated.
Am on nights at the end of the week which is always tough for my body clock and eating pattern.

Oh dear, things aren't going well. Struggling to stick with anything at the moment. Weds was my friends baby shower which involved a pub meal. Had planned to have the chicken salad but ended up ordering the cod burger and chips. Then yesterday hubs and I had an early valentines meal which was the 3 course dine in meal from m&s. 2 bottles of cava and a load of chocolates accompanied this.
Today I tried to conserve calories for during my night shift and ended up skipping lunch, this meant I was so hungry waiting for dinner to cook that I had 400 calories worth of chocolates and biscuits :mad:

Line drawn under it and tomorrow is a new day. I dont want to sabotage my chances of a decent loss before my hols.

Oh dear, things aren't going well. Struggling to stick with anything at the moment. Weds was my friends baby shower which involved a pub meal. Had planned to have the chicken salad but ended up ordering the cod burger and chips. Then yesterday hubs and I had an early valentines meal which was the 3 course dine in meal from m&s. 2 bottles of cava and a load of chocolates accompanied this. Today I tried to conserve calories for during my night shift and ended up skipping lunch, this meant I was so hungry waiting for dinner to cook that I had 400 calories worth of chocolates and biscuits :mad: Line drawn under it and tomorrow is a new day. I dont want to sabotage my chances of a decent loss before my hols.[/QUOTE I feel the same have just posted this on my page really

Hey love!

It's really fricking hard to get back in the zone, isnt it?! I realised recently that every time I go laxed on plan for even just a few days, I have to go through what is similar to my first week of SW all over again! I try hard and push through a week of cravings to detox them out, then it becomes easier again! I do that week with full syns and a take out at the end of it, so as not to deprive and to keep myself aimimg for the treat, then feel way better after it and find I'm back in the game a bit!

Get cooking your fave SW/CC meals too; must be really hard when as busy with work as you are though, but I find having my fave sw meals really helps get my head back in the game!! If I have half ars*d ones that bore me, not so much... But sw fry ups, homemade beef + bacon burgers and spicy mexican chicken with 'sour cream' (quark) really get my mojo going, hehe! X

WI was STS this week. Have done 3 full days sticking to 1300 cals and aiming to be 100% on it until my hols next sat.
No gym for me today as im on night shift again and I'll be too tired.

Thinking if I can do a full week on plan CCing this week and theres still no/minimal loss then maybe revert to SW after holiday. Still enjoying the freedom of foods to choose from (I ate a bagel the other day...omg) but am sometimes hungry where I wasnt ever hungry with SW.
Hmm. Need to think about it.

WI was STS this week. Have done 3 full days sticking to 1300 cals and aiming to be 100% on it until my hols next sat. No gym for me today as im on night shift again and I'll be too tired. Thinking if I can do a full week on plan CCing this week and theres still no/minimal loss then maybe revert to SW after holiday. Still enjoying the freedom of foods to choose from (I ate a bagel the other day...omg) but am sometimes hungry where I wasnt ever hungry with SW. Hmm. Need to think about it.
i had this for ages but I decided sw as it's really healthy and your not hungry it is hard to be organised but I'm just trying to plan more I know it works

Hi Summer,

Must be so hard with the shifts, but you've done so well so far. Wow, over 2st! That requires a lot of effort, & I know you'll keep perservering to get to target.

X

I read that with CC'ing a lot of people miscount the odd calorie here or there which can really add up in a day; things like splenda, squash, splashes of milk, unmeasured amount of butter on the bagel, cooking bits like balsamic vinegar and spices that easily get disregarded and over the week can add up to 2000 cal! Can imagine how easy that is to do :/ do you just note down everything as you go? Must be dull.

Bagel- yum! They are like 11 syns (I think) on SW though so could always make space for one ;)
My current approach on SW is less care about syns and more calorie awareness... F*ck the muller light, if I want something sweet I'll spend those 100 cal I'd have called as 'free' on chocolste or whatever- no point using free food to 'fill me up' when I really want a treat. I went over by about 50 syns and lost 2lbs last week because I was looking at the bigger picture, much less restrictive but I guess also easier to go wrong!

I log everything with mfp and find it helps keep me on track. I think looking forwards for me I will go back to SW but exercise more in the way of portion control, especially with my carbs. Its so easy to over eat with pasta, noodles or SW chips and I think limiting those will be the way out of my plateau.

Star week is here with a vengeance :( glad it will be over by holiday but its making me really teary this time and seeking chocolate covered comfort :(

I log everything with mfp and find it helps keep me on track. I think looking forwards for me I will go back to SW but exercise more in the way of portion control, especially with my carbs. Its so easy to over eat with pasta, noodles or SW chips and I think limiting those will be the way out of my plateau. Star week is here with a vengeance :( glad it will be over by holiday but its making me really teary this time and seeking chocolate covered comfort :(
oh no I have wanted chocolate so badly all week and have spent all of my syns on it! But managed to stay in control I'm going to try not use them all on crap this week

*huggg* damn period, I hate the chocolate cravings!! Find something you can nibble slowly and make last ages, like milky buttons or kitkat (I love nibbling the choc off the wafer!) x

Back