Summer's weight loss journey - one day at a time

Have a great hol and make sure you IG lots of pics :D where are you off to??

Well im back home from a week of sunshine and fun in Gran Canaria. It was beautiful as ever out there and drank way too much alcohol! Food wasnt too terrible but did indulge in puddings most days. Waiting until Wednesday to see the damage on the scales though. Going to plan my meals for the week then get some shopping in. Thinking a week of EE to gently ease me back in although long term I think I need to add in some red days. My month of cal counting taught me a few things about controlling my carb portions and I think that's definitely something to consider.
Will catch up on diaries later.

Happy Sunday folks x

Well im back home from a week of sunshine and fun in Gran Canaria. It was beautiful as ever out there and drank way too much alcohol! Food wasnt too terrible but did indulge in puddings most days. Waiting until Wednesday to see the damage on the scales though. Going to plan my meals for the week then get some shopping in. Thinking a week of EE to gently ease me back in although long term I think I need to add in some red days. My month of cal counting taught me a few things about controlling my carb portions and I think that's definitely something to consider. Will catch up on diaries later. Happy Sunday folks x
welcome back I am jealous need a break

Well today has been great food wise, I think! Have done a red day and as i've not done many before i'd really appreciate some feedback incase i've made any mistakes.

RED day

B- 35g Fruit and fibre (HXB1) with 150ml skimmed milk (1/2 HXA1) and a chopped bannana

S- yogurt coated raisins from the M+S guilt free snacking range, yum. (5.5 syns)

L- Milky coffee (1/2 HXA1) apple, satsuma

D- SW burgers with wholemeal roll (HXB2) LowLow burger cheese (HXA2) huge mixed salad with 1 tbsp extra light cream (1 syn) 1 tbsp american mustard (1 syn) and 1 tbsp bbq sauce (1 syn)

S- options hot choccie (2 syns) thorntons choc mint (3 syns)

13.5 syns

Fluids - 500ml coke zero, 500ml water, 2 mugs green tea

Last edited:
Red day sound perfect :) well done! Feels great to accomplish first Red days doesnt it? :D

Tell us more about the hol!?
Good luck with WI! x

Urgh im so exhausted. Work was horribly busy, ended up leaving an hour and 45 mins late, taking only 15 mins of my 60 mins break entitlement and resorting to chocolates and sweeties because there was no time for eating proper food :(
I feel like I managed my lifestyle a whole lot better when I worked office hours.

Hols were just lovely. My bum barely left the sun lounger and I felt so much more comfortable in my swimwear than ever before. Got a lovely tan :) and totally fell in love with mojitos!
Relaxed a lot and read loads of mindless chick lit.

Back on nights tomorrow so no doubt will undo my chilled out week away!!

Holiday sounds lovely! Back to work sounds awful though :( when I'm filming events there is barely time to eat either and I just grab chocs and what not that are around and can perk up my energy :( sucks. If were you I'd bring a bunch of cereal bars and let yourself over hex- still better than chocolates and are quick to grab.
X

You are probably right about the cereal bars!

Well WI shows 5.5 lb GAIN in the last 2 weeks. Cant be suprised given holiday indulgence really. So that puts me at the same weight I was before my month of calorie counting and only 2lbs lighter than at the start of the year. Humph.
Have planned foods for the week factoring in an indian on friday to celebrate my brothers birthday, just need to keep clear of the cake!
I've been and bought the new mag for some inspiration too, although why I dont know because many of the recipes are recyled from older issues!

Probably wont get to the gym until Saturday given my night shifts, I feel too sicky to go after shift and if I go before I end up too tired. Might go for a walk or swim in a while if I can find the energy. Am still feeling so drained from work yesterday.

Quick update of todays foods whilst im on break

EE

Brunch-omlette with 20g reduced fat cheddar (1/2 HXA) mushrooms,tomatoes and half red pepper (super free) and baked beans

Snack-bannana and pomegranate

Dinner-pasta bolognaise (extra lean beef mince, onion, tomatoes, carrot, pepper, mushrooms)

Night shift snacks
Apple
Satsuma
Chewy delight bar (hxb)
Yogurt coated raisins (5.5 syns)
Choc pretzels (5 syns)
Fruit hearts (3 syns)
Coffees with 150 ml skimmed milk (1/2 HXA)

13.5 syns

Another diary update from night shift break! So so hungry tonight.

B-toast with bertolli light (hxb and 1 syn) hazelnut options (1.5 syns)

Dinner-chilli con carne and boiled rice
Muller greek yogurt (0.5 syns)

Milky coffee (1/2 HXA)
Night shift foods

Mugshot
WW yogurt
Apple
Satsuma
Grapes
Milky way crispy roll (6.5 syns)
5 slim fruits (0.5 syn)
Choc pretzels (5 syns)
Coffee with milk (1/2 HXA)
15 syns

Things not been to great diet wise the last two days. Couldn't resist a slice of my brothers cake yesterday despite having used my syns on dinner.
Today I went to the gym and burnt 450 cals at body combat which felt awesome. This evening ive felt pretty low and drained, think my nights have taken their toll. Had a bit of an argument with a friend and ended up eating an extra 12 syns and hxb despite again having used my syns and hxs.

*Sigh* feel like im really failing at this.

Tomorrow is a new day.

Things not been to great diet wise the last two days. Couldn't resist a slice of my brothers cake yesterday despite having used my syns on dinner. Today I went to the gym and burnt 450 cals at body combat which felt awesome. This evening ive felt pretty low and drained, think my nights have taken their toll. Had a bit of an argument with a friend and ended up eating an extra 12 syns and hxb despite again having used my syns and hxs. *Sigh* feel like im really failing at this. Tomorrow is a new day.
i feel like a failure to I'm coming off this sore for a while but will still use Insta-gram

I tell you what- I've been way worse than you today and dont feel half as guilty LOL. I always have a cheeky bit of birthday cake, forgetting hoe bloody synful it is :p I never even enjoy it much! Today I had jt just am hour after my rocky road sundae at dessert- and two glasses of wine! Crap.. Lol!
Lets draw a line, eh? Need to get my head in the game too.
Do you have any exercise dvds that you enjoy/recommend? I need to shake things up with exercise and try some new things as I get bored by routine!
X

Tbh I never do dvds! Im a member at Virgin gym and just do a variety of classes there. Its bloody expensive but I really like going. I have zumba on wii but didn't enjoy it as much as a class.
A lot of ppl rave about 30 day shred. Also insanity but I think that's very intense.

Today has been such a hungry day!
Been to work but have scoffed so much. All on plan though.

B- overnight oats (hxb) milky coffee (1/2 hxa)

S - bannana and satsuma. 7 fruit pastilles (4 syns)

L-pesto and veg pasta (2 syns) melon, grapes, ww yogurt

D-steak, salad, jacket potato (1.5 syns for low fat spread on jacket)

7.5 syns

Great day on plan today, starting with a 500 kcal burn at body combat. Nandos lunch for best friends birthday then visiting another friend and her 2 week old baby. Then cuddles with my nephew who is 3 months old.

B- mango danio (1.5 syns) bannana

L-butterfly chicken (3.5) spicy rice (2.5) salad. Portugese custard tart (8.5)

D-cheese on toast (hxa and hxb). 2 satsumas, mullerlight toffee yogurt, bannana.

Lots of water and green tea
16 syns total

WI tomorrow, fingers crossed for a loss

Well done girl! Good to hear minis is helping you keep on track. I need some of your motivation please! X

Well after my awesome WI on weds ive had one good day and 2 not so where too many syns were consumed! Last night indulged in my fave naughty meal of Cantonese sweet and sour chicken... yum.
Going to a party tonight but wont be drinking will be driving, not sure what food will be like so trying to do a syn free day up until then.
Hoping 4 on plan days will undo damage and still lose at WI

Back