Summertime blues?

ColJack

Gold Member
I know that summer is supposed to make us all feel good, but I always seem to get a little down at the start if the summer.
I suppose a lot of it is that all the shows I like to watch are ending until later in the year.
Anyone else get this?
Is it a throwback to the days of our youth? Am I depressed that I don't get to have 6 weeks off from work like we used to for school? :)

Sent from my iPod touch using MiniMins

I get what you mean. All my fav shows are finished or about to finish. I still have to work through the summer & all the stuff like housework still needs doing & all i want to do is go outside & chill out!!

Do you know, I never think I will, but often do. I love the summer. But I think it's about now every year, when I relaise that summer in this coiuntry so rarely lives up to the summers in our dreams. It isn't long, hot, endless summers. It's grey skies, rain, and still wearing our hoodies. I ahve a tent, and dream all winter of taking the kids away camping every weekend. Of course, weather, and all the stuff the kids do, mean I jsut end up taxi driving around kids' activities, dodging the rain showers. I do get 6 weeks off. But about now the realisation kicks in that it is 6 weeks of finding stuff for kids to do in rotten weather. Not the non-stop camping in the sun I dream of all winter. I am taking the tent down to the dordogne this summer for a couple of weeks, so hopefully some sun. But nervous about doing this on my own! Chin up though. It's got to be better than minus 11!

I think you could be right on this i always find i get to this time of year thinking hey summer is here i should be happy but in actual fact I feel worse now than at any time of year! I'm also normally shattered at the fact i am working so hard to ensure we get on that family holiday in the summer hols!!

I know that summer is supposed to make us all feel good, but I always seem to get a little down at the start if the summer.
I suppose a lot of it is that all the shows I like to watch are ending until later in the year.
Anyone else get this?
Is it a throwback to the days of our youth? Am I depressed that I don't get to have 6 weeks off from work like we used to for school? :)

I love summer. I can't wait til the 22nd July, 6 week holidays here I come... :p

Actually the summer has always cheered me up. Sunshiny days make me sunshiny happy! It's my favourite season, followed rapidly by autumn (crunchy crispy leaves.. :D)

I'm too busy in the summer to get depressed. I have all the same responsibilities as in the winter plus lawn care and gardening. All the veggies I can grow now are even more important because they make up such a large part of my diet!

Personally I love autumn and winter. Not very good with the change in summer and the heat - but I do love summer evenings when there is the sense of calmness about it :)

Me too. I love summer, all the bright light clothes,people more cheerful, eating outside, swimming each day and the lovely shrubs and plants in flowers in the garden.

The horses have their, satiny, shiny summer coats.

Mind you on the debit side it gets so hot it is unbearable and house and garden have to be done very early or very late.

I have a sister who suffers from SAD so she is another one who looks forward to summer.

I love summer, but only for the weather( if we ever get any nice days that is) but I've gotta agree all my fave shows are ending :(

In our house we call it the summer television wasteland. Now that we have a sky+ we record the shows we like through the rest of the year and watch them more slowly than they come out, so there are hopefully enough eps left to see us through the drought. If not, we might pick a few new-to-us shows and rent them from LoveFilm or something. :)

(This sounds like we're TV zombies! We don't get that much time to watch so when we do, prefer to put on something we actively want to see rather than the least bad choice of what's on.)

I love summer but I am sad that Mentalist, CSI, NCIS are all finishing :-( My 9pm TV fix over for 6 months.

However, I have a garden and veg patch and greenhouse which need more and more time devoting to them, and it's great to take the dog out at 9pm and it still be light and warm.

And more importantly, the heating is off and the gas bill will go down!!

jaylou said:
I love summer but I am sad that Mentalist, CSI, NCIS are all finishing :-( My 9pm TV fix over for 6 months.!!
Tell me about it!!! They'd better start the Miami series soon !!

Won't be long I'm sure!
There's normally a gap of a few weeks but I do have a soft spot for Miami, so tongue in cheek and soooo glamorous. I love Calleigh :) and Horatio!

jaylou said:
I love summer but I am sad that Mentalist, CSI, NCIS are all finishing :-( My 9pm TV fix over for 6 months.

However, I have a garden and veg patch and greenhouse which need more and more time devoting to them, and it's great to take the dog out at 9pm and it still be light and warm.

And more importantly, the heating is off and the gas bill will go down!!

Yeah my bones finished last night @ only a couple if criminal minds left!!!! Argh what the hell am I gonna watch???

leighxx said:
Yeah my bones finished last night @ only a couple if criminal minds left!!!! Argh what the hell am I gonna watch???

Am watching the last bones now!!

kingleds said:
I was more reeling from the bones being preggers revelation at the end!!!!!

I knew!!!! I can't help checking the bones message boards for spoilers!!! Wish I never though spoils it yet I do it every season :(

Back