sun value calculation

rharbord

I'm aiming to start on Friday. It doing it from home and wondered if there was a way of working out syn values?

If it's a junk food with no free food component then divide the calories by 20. If there's some free food, eg fish coated in breadcrumbs you can't calculate manually.

Ok thanks. Do u know if there an app you can download? Also if it does have a ff element what do u do? Thanks again x

The best thing you could do, is go to 1 SW class, pay for membership, get the books and then if you decide you still want to do it alone then go for it. That way you're equipped with everything you need to follow the plan successfully. It will be the best £15 you ever spend and will save you A LOT of time trawling the internet looking for syn values.
SW have their own app but in my experience it's not very good...at all. I would definitely prefer the books and for anything that isn't listed then google.
Good luck.

Thanks for that info, I've got a set of books (main one, extra easy meals and fab first week) that my friend has given me. They are from Dec 2011 and do have some basic syn values. But if there is a big book of syn values then maybe that's worth getting. Sadly my friend has gone over to ww so doesn't go to class anymore.

When you sign up to SW you get a food optimising book, in it it lists all the superfree foods, free foods and then gives you an extensive list of synned foods. Obviously some things are not in it-it's just not possible to fit every branded item under the sun in but it's a great tool and if you do want to buy something that isn't mentioned in the book simply google or mention on here. Definitely worth joining just for the book :)

The books were updated January 2012 so some of the amounts may not be accurate-I to reccommend going to at least 1 group and getting the plan explained properly and buy a food directory xx

The books are being updated again just before Christmas, it might be worth waiting until the New Year!

Back