SUNDAY HOUR BY HOUR

Hello you two are you there somewhere:wave_cry:

Sorry I meant Tange but I dont know who to edit my title

Hi Lady!! Thank you so much for the pm just what I needed to hear. Sorry I have been away spent the night at a hotel in north london last night went to a ball at alexandra palace. It was AWESOME, they had Mika performing and all. I stayed away from the food but will admit to having a glass or two(okay maybe it was more) of champagne. Was great to see so many familiar faces(I used to work for the company that hosted it), people I have not seen for over a year. Yes the compliments where great and few people has their jaws on the floor. I also had my first negative thing, a girl I considered to be a good friend said hello and then just blanked me for the rest of the night. Oh well her loss. I feel really high today its been ages since I was out all night and I mean all night I went to bed at 5 this morning.

Oh OH OH and and I met a nice bloke on Friday night, am seeing him tomorrow after work.:D:D:D:D:D:D:D First 'date' I have had for ages.

Great news Tange glad you enjoyed you night out. Regarding the friend who blanked you "what friend;)),

Keep that positivity going now. Let us know how the date goes.;)

Wow Tange a date, bloody brilliant :) Hope you have a great time, let us know how it goes.

As Lady says re the girl who blanked you, she's no friend .... jealous I reckon - glad you had a great night.

Well I've just been and got rid of all my clothes that are too big, wardrobe is officially empty now ..... going to see how long I can go without buying them though so that hopefully I can bypass 16's and just buy 14's. Tried on a couple of pairs of pants in 14's in Next yesterday and they fastened okay but they were too tight to wear, didn't look right so I'll hang fire and hopefully it'll only be a couple of weeks :D

Cool Katie! WOn't be long now!

I did the same. Cleared two drawers of summer shirts, and such....could put whats left back in one drawer with some room probably! I have a HUGE stack(s) of big clothes at the foot of my bed trying to decide charity shop or ebay.

Hey - how are your LEVI'S coming along?

Speaking of getting rid of clothes....you all remember me telling you about my mate whose husband lost his eyesight...? well, they are having such a horrible hard time. They are running out of money, his pay off from his job was SUBSTANTIALLY less then they expected and may now lose their house.

In order to help, I wanted to ask her if she would like someo f my clothes that I have outgrown. But I don't want to insult her....but I am now smaller then her.

Any ideas on how to approach the subject?? I'd love to thelp them out, I have some really nice things, and would love for her to have them but I do not want to hurt her feelings? W hat do you guys think?

xx

Nope still no joy on the Levis front, tried them on around the 14th and though they came up they are still stretched to their extreme round the zip - funnily enough we were talking about them today and I said to hubby/son that I didn't think they'd ever fit, feel like as I shrink so do they ;)

If I were your friend I'd appreciate the offer of the clothes - just mention it casually in conversation that there are some that you now can't wear and you don't want to bin them as they are too good - she might be really grateful of the offer.

BL, am sure this is going to be a mute question, and they have already looked into this, but have your friends consider Incapacity Benefit (IB), being blind he is exempt from the Personal Capability Assessment (PCA). They should also consider the care component to Disability Living Allowance (DLA), and your friend might even get Carers Allowance (CA) if she is the primary care giver. Income Support (IS) pays the interest only portion to the mortgage, but there is a waiting period for this before you become eligable. If he lost his sight because of work, or work related injury he would also be eligable for Industrial Injuries Benefit (IIDB). With IB, DLA and CA they are not means tested benefits like IS, which means we wouldn't be looking at how much they have in the bank. IS however is means tested and any savings would be taken into consideration before awarding anything from IS.

I know you didn't ask for this infomation, but if any of it of use.............................

With regard to your dilema. I think your friend would be most grateful for the offer, and you have nothing to worry about.

Evening Everyone,
Have just read through this thread... haven't been on long enough lately to do that!!! Started my new job last week, going really well but brain is aching from the information overload!! lol. After sitting at a PC all day, finding it a bit of a pain to come home and do the same... and I mean pain!! (in the left bum cheek to be precise!!) so just flitting in and out at the moment. All still going well so that's good.
Way to go on the dress BL, good luck with the re-start LL. hope you feel better soon Lola and hi to everyone... hope you have a good week :D

BL, am sure this is going to be a mute question, and they have already looked into this, but have your friends consider Incapacity Benefit (IB), being blind he is exempt from the Personal Capability Assessment (PCA). They should also consider the care component to Disability Living Allowance (DLA), and your friend might even get Carers Allowance (CA) if she is the primary care giver. Income Support (IS) pays the interest only portion to the mortgage, but there is a waiting period for this before you become eligable. If he lost his sight because of work, or work related injury he would also be eligable for Industrial Injuries Benefit (IIDB). With IB, DLA and CA they are not means tested benefits like IS, which means we wouldn't be looking at how much they have in the bank. IS however is means tested and any savings would be taken into consideration before awarding anything from IS.

I know you didn't ask for this infomation, but if any of it of use.............................

With regard to your dilema. I think your friend would be most grateful for the offer, and you have nothing to worry about.

Thank you Corey - Yes, I am pretty sure they have found everything they are entitled too. Every little bit helps of course, but doesn;t make up for a full salary. I will show her this though in case she missed out any of the items you listed.

Thanks hon!!

XX

Back