SUNDAY WEIGH IN!!!

I might have a little treat, today I hit my mini goal of 3 stone gone, I got into the 14's and today marks 6 months of hard slog.

5lb for me this week! Yay

@catcrazy... what's the treat going to be?

MM

Lol...i really pushed the boat out and had 1 custard cream biscuit to dunk in my black no sugar coffee! :eek: shocking huh!

Seriously tho I just didnt fancy anything "treaty" Had a lovely beef chow mein for dinner but i made it and used the "miracle" noodles instead of egg noodles so even that came in at less than 200 calories. I'm sure the jaffa cakes in the pantry will call my name sometime in the week but because i have kids to share with they won't break the diet

INTERVENTION!!!!

Lol...i really pushed the boat out and had 1 custard cream biscuit to dunk in my black no sugar coffee! :eek: shocking huh!
INTERVENTION!!!! :eek:

Hi CC,
Please do not take offense at what I am about to write -- I writing this with a nice pat on your back and not yelling at you.

One: you have done a great thing and deserve something significant to acknowledge it, and two:

Your treat SHOULD NOT have been FOOD related.

We are not only trying to lose weight, but learn how to maintain our losses. We need to learn how to treat food as fuel and not use it for rewards, comfort, compensation, entertainment, etc.

For example, I have Zumba shoes coming in the post for my "getting under 150 pounds" treat. A bit extravagant, but, as I have blister from wearing my trainers to Zumba and they tend to stick to the floor, I need them. I could get injured and so they a good investment for health reasons in more ways than one.

I am planning on a spa day (again, a bit more dear) for after I get back below my lowest 2010 weight (148).

However, some of my mini goal rewards might be things like making DH take DD to the cinema and I can have long soak in the bath with no one in the house! lol

Have you heard of Judith Beck's book The Beck Diet Solution? There is a thread on CD maintenance discussing this book. I am working it through it and feel that it can give me the tools to maintain my losses after I get back to goal.

MM

INTERVENTION!!!! :eek:

Hi CC,
Please do not take offense at what I am about to write -- I writing this with a nice pat on your back and not yelling at you.

One: you have done a great thing and deserve something significant to acknowledge it, and two:

Your treat SHOULD NOT have been FOOD related.

We are not only trying to lose weight, but learn how to maintain our losses. We need to learn how to treat food as fuel and not use it for rewards, comfort, compensation, entertainment, etc.

MM

Hi, not going to take offence at all.

I think the pure fact that I didn't rush to the jaffa cakes (I LOVE jaffa cakes), chocolate wafers etc shows that I don't treat food as a reward to be honest. I only mentioned the custard cream because that is the only thing i did differently than I normally do.

As for mini goal rewards...got no money to be buying stuff at the moment but i will treat myself to a cross trainer when finances are looking better and red letters are not popping through my door.

I'm calorie counting but in such a way that no food is off limits (have severely cut some foods as just not worth the calories, biscuits lol), this is for life and life is too short to be yo-yo dieting, depriving myself of foods, bingeing because i'm not allowed this etc.

I easily maintained my weight for 20 years, (underweight as a teen but stabilised aged 20) my weight gain (7 stone in 2 years) was due to multiple high dose courses of steroids and stupidly forgetting to cut my portion sizes as my mobility decreased (from 4-6 miles walking a day to hardly being able to get up my stairs!) It took me a long while to realise why I was gaining weight but I guess not knowing why i couldnt breath was more pressing in my mind! Emphysema was finally diagnosed. Now i've got used to smaller portions etc I don't think i'll have too much of a problem maintaining once I get to goal. I don't comfort eat, I comfort clean...I reckon the ex used to wind me up deliberately so I'd blitz the house :8855:

Wow, my history in a nutshell.

Once again, no offence taken

Hi CC --

Comfort Clean! lol I am going to try to replace my food addiction with a Cleaning One! ;) Solid advice.

You have to be very organised and disciplined to make calorie counting work. I'm impressed.

Sorry to hear about your respiratory illness. Has it improved at all with treatment?

MM

Hi CC --

Comfort Clean! lol I am going to try to replace my food addiction with a Cleaning One! ;) Solid advice.

You have to be very organised and disciplined to make calorie counting work. I'm impressed.

Sorry to hear about your respiratory illness. Has it improved at all with treatment?

MM

Once I got the diagnosis I was put on the right drugs so some improvement...before I was being treated as severe uncontrolled asthma which included multiple courses of high dose steroids (increased hunger, its a gnawing hunger too and major water retention) I put my foot down insisting it wasn't just asthma and a CT scan revealed emphysema so now on daily low dose steroids and other drugs more specific for COPD. I also took part in pulmonary rehab which helped a tad. Losing weight has also helped, having to heave a lard arse around is hard on any lungs let alone diseased ones!

I wouldn't say i'm organised but I'm determined and stubborn. Having lived all my life either normal or very slim suddenly seeing a heffalump in the mirror is very hard. I can and will do this, but i think i'm going to have to accept that it will take longer than i wanted it to

Hi CC,

I am glad that you are getting is all sorted as best as possible. I stopped taking steroids for my asthma, and have not any issues without them. If anything I have improved.

I used to be in such denial about my weight gain (due to SAD after I moved to the UK in 1994 -- and I stayed over weight for 13 years). I would catch a glimpse of this hefty woman in a shop window then with a shock realise it was me!

MM

When my chest is bad its steroids or admission to hospital...i'll take the steroids!

I have a SAD lamp, they're brilliant, definitely worth the cost! I won't say i'm the life and soul of the party but I dont hibernate quite as much and there isnt a black cloud hovering over my shoulders when I am awake!

I wouldn't say I was in denial as such, more blissful ignorance! There are no full length mirrors in my house which in a way i'm thankful for but if there had have been I think it would have been smashed. The first time I caught sight of just how big I had got in such a short space of time I howled. I knew I was big but not THAT BIG. I'm lucky that I dont carry it hugely in my face and neck so only seeing myself in a facial mirror was very deceptive. It was being caught in the background of a pic my son took that did it and signed up here 2 days later. I'd been trying since the January to lose it, first with 4 months on 1600-1800 calories and i was still gaining, then did 4 months on 1300-1600 and i stabilised but didn't lose any. Then in September with that photo I realised I'd have to go drastic...hoping as the weight comes off I can move around more and up my metabolic rate so I wont be stuck on below 1300 cals for life!

Hi CC,

I have a SAD light, too. I ordered it almost the day I returned to the UK (I had not in seven years away forgotten how dreary this island can be).

I should explain the steroids -- I did not need those -- I needed my deviated septum fixed. The steroids weren't going anywhere went sent up my nose, and the inhaler was not longer needed once my sinus were surgically repaired (and the polyups removed).

I think if you can make calorie controlled work, it is best. A VLCD diet reduces your leptin levels and makes regaining a whole lot easier. I am hoping that what I have read about these levels eventually returning to "normal" is true, but in the meantime I have to move it, to lose it and keep it off.

I hope you had a good day.

MM

I think if you can make calorie controlled work, it is best. A VLCD diet reduces your leptin levels and makes regaining a whole lot easier. I am hoping that what I have read about these levels eventually returning to "normal" is true, but in the meantime I have to move it, to lose it and keep it off.

I hope you had a good day.

MM

Hi MM...Metabolic rate does go back to normal pretty quick according to all the studies i've seen. The only ones with longer term problems were anorexics, (thats long term 8+ year anorexics) and even they were running at only a little below average 6 months down the line so follow the refeed (or whatever its called) properly and you should be no more likely to regain the weight than someone doing it via calorie counting or any other method if you stick with a healthy eating plan after you reach goal.

@CC --

That is good news (re: leptin)

I have read a study that states otherwise and, in fact, they were looking into giving leptin supplements to "maintainers" to see if would help them maintain weight loss. (Not to lose -- but to avoid regain.) However, that study was 2005 (in Pennsylvania) and I could not find any follow-up information.

I forgot to weigh this morning before eating and drinking -- so, I'll go with the CDC's weight tomorrow for updating.

My DH weighed and he is down another 2 pounds! He now has lost near 30 pounds since January 2nd! Amazing!

MM

@CC -- That is a great loss! Well done! :)

MM

My first week, I've lost 7 pounds!

Well done everyone. 3lbs for me which for my TOTM is great.

Well done FN7 -- 7 pounds is a fab first week loss!!!

Fat2ThinGirl -- This week's losses have put you over the 2 stone off! Fantastic!!!

Dyrads -- Nice progress and welcome to Minimins!

MM

Back