Sunny Slimmers in Spain Weigh In

Morning Peeps - Well some of the bloat from the incredibly long journey has gone and I weighed in at 1½ lbs up from 9 days ago - a "squeak"under 12 st.
And I mean a "squeak". When I convert my kg weight to stones & pounds it comes out at 11st 13.99 lbs. :eek: And I vowed I would never go over 12 st ever again! Phew - that's close.

That makes me 4lbs over target (after a gain of 2½ lbs during my target celebrations week) - so just outside of maintenance range.

So 100% back on plan for the next few weeks as it will no doubt take me far longer than the 2 weeks it took to gain the 4lb gain to get rid of it again.

fillymum: Week 1 -2.4kgs / Week 2 -0.9kgs
suespain: Week 1 STS / Week 2 -3lbs
pommette: Week 1 holiday / Week 2 +1½ lbs Gain :cry:
toliveordiet?: Week 1 -0.6kgs / Week 2 -0.3kgs

Hi Bev

Welcome back from your holiday. Personally I think you did really well to keep your gain to just 1½ lbs I'm sure I would have put on a couple of kgs and knowing your determination you will soon get back down to maintaining. Well done

pommette: Week 1 holiday / Week 2 +1½ lbs

Thanks Gail - the only problem is I'm a really slow loser. My average is just ½ lb a week. But I really would like to shift at least 1 lb - preferably 2 - this week.

It'll be a challenge though as I am going to be at the apartment for the next 3 or 4 days getting things ready for our community AGM. I'm the auditor and still trying to get to grips with missing funds and next year's budget. So food will mostly be grabbed on the run methinks. :sigh: :cry:

So 100% back on plan for the next few weeks as it will no doubt take me far longer than the 2 weeks it took to gain the 4lb gain to get rid of it again.
That is our old friend Sod exercising his own law.............it took me over a year to get to target and 6 months to put it back on !!!!

Well done everyone - some great losses from you all. Sorry to let the side down!

I think you have done exactly the opposite Bev. You have shown that it is possible to have 9 days on holiday and gain as little as one and a half pounds.
Well done Bev.

Hi Bev

Welcome back from your holiday. Personally I think you did really well to keep your gain to just 1½ lbs I'm sure I would have put on a couple of kgs and knowing your determination you will soon get back down to maintaining. Well done

pommette: Week 1 holiday / Week 2 +1½ lbs

You see Gail thinks the same !!!

It'll be a challenge though as I am going to be at the apartment for the next 3 or 4 days getting things ready for our community AGM. I'm the auditor and still trying to get to grips with missing funds and next year's budget. So food will mostly be grabbed on the run methinks. :sigh: :cry:

Well make sure you have lots of SW grab and eat as you go food to hand......simples !!!!

cheers dear friend !!!

Thanks Gail & Sue. That told me didn't it! Right. Head in gear and lots of healthy stuff will be packed to take with me.

The biggest problem is I'm going on my own as hubby has to stay here to do his DT blog plus wait for our new shower door to be delivered and fitted.

When I'm on my own I tend to not eat as healthily as he's the chef and I'm not fond of cooking - hence I just grab easy stuff!!! He's going to make me a green day spag bol tomorrow morning to take with me and there is some chicken, salad and stuff for lunches so I should be ok.

I am pleased to report another 2lb loss and reaching my first mini target.........now onto the next one.

I was relatively good at the apartment and took lots of fruit and yoghurt with me so the scales moved in the right direction.

I lost some of my holiday gain - lost 1 lb - was hoping for more as it was better on Saturday. But the loast 2 days of eating out has not helped.

At least I'm back in target range though.

Hi y'all

Sorry I didn't report in on Monday, my pollen allergies played up so I was dosed up on anti-hystamines and of course yesterday Iberdrola couldn't cope with the rain so the power kept going off. Anyway, back to it now: I had a 0.4kg loss last week. I was hoping for more but hey, you can't have everything and that is about 1lb after all.

Well done everyone for your losses and Sue (suespain) don't worry at least a STS isn't a gain :). Congratulations Sue (fillymum) for meeting your mini target and Bev for getting back within target range.

fillymum: Week 1 -2.4kgs / Week 2 -0.9kgs / Week 3 -2lb
suespain: Week 1 STS / Week 2 -3lbs / Week 3 STS
pommette: Week 1 holiday / Week 2 +1½ lbs / Week 3 -1lb
toliveordiet?: Week 1 -0.6kgs / Week 2 -0.3kgs / Week 3 -0.4kgs

A pound a week every week for a year is 3 stones 10 lbs.
That is pretty good. I think we are all far to impatient........me included. I am trying to lose 3 stones before the end of June and so far have lost just 9 lbs. I wonder am I setting myself up for a disappointment.
I am a pretty realistic person so whatever I lose is good.
My reason for wanting to lose that much is a wedding............so long as I have done my best and look good that is fine. All eyes will be on the bride and who the hell cares about me but me.
Gail, it was good to bump into you in Mercadona yesterday.
I have to tell you that Paul thought you look brilliant and would never have thought you needed to lose any weight at all let alone another 1 and a half stones. He thought your figure looked pretty close on perfect.
He is right girls. We would all die for a figure like Gail's.
Have a great day......it looks like it is going to be a rainy one here.

hi guys

its great to read that your all doing so well.... i have a place in spain but everytime i come out my diet is sabotaged by penascal rose wine...lol xx

sian x

Hiya Sookie - where abouts is your place in Spain?

Sorry I've been awol for the last few days.

Our internet connection last weekend and Monday was pretty pants, but by Tuesday you coudln't even say we were at snails pace . . . it was even slower than that.

And all that bloomin' rain just killed everything on Tuesday! We went off the air completely. Engineers came yesterday and couldn't sort it out so came back earlier today and thankfully have now pointed us at a different satellite and we are working again.

How are you all doing this week? I feel as though I am really bloated and heading for a bit of self-sabotage! I made a cheesecake for a dinner party on Sunday and promised myself just to eat the topping (which is free). But no - I ate the biscuit base too (about 20 syns),

I also promised I wouldn't have any more and I've had another slice tonight! :eek:

Morning all

I'm thrilled, I lost 1kg this week and the only thing I did differently was I didn't fit in any exercise (think I may have another lazy week to see if that works again :8855:)

I hate having my photo taken and avoid the camera at every opportunity but once the decent weather is here I'll throw on a frock and get a piccie.

Hope you're all big losers too this week :) for the last weigh-in in March!!

fillymum: Week 1 -2.4kgs / Week 2 -0.9kgs / Week 3 -2lb
suespain: Week 1 STS / Week 2 -3lbs / Week 3 STS
pommette: Week 1 holiday / Week 2 +1½ lbs / Week 3 -1lb
toliveordiet?: Week 1 -0.6kgs / Week 2 -0.3kgs / Week 3 -0.4kgs / Week 4 -1kgs Total for March: -2.3kgs

Well done Gail :wow:

I am thrilled too as I have lost another 2lbs.
There has to be an upside to colitis :D

Can't believe it another STS for me again - don't know where I am going wrong (if anyone would like to take a look at my food diary - link below)! I know I had a Chinese night out, but cut back on syns on the days beforehand - Really annoyed. Am not going to make my end of April goal now. Aaaarrrrrrggghhh

Well done Gail and Sue - pants to STS Sue when you have been trying so hard. I'll have a quick look at you diary tonight when I get back from bridge.

Well, a flukey STS for me.

I was showing a small gain on Friday and knowing that we were going to be eating well with friends over the weekend I was expecting a gain.

So head down this week and try to get back to target methinks.

Well done everyone. Not a bad start to our weigh-in thread, lets see if we can keep up the good work for April.

Don't worry Suespain I'm sure you'll find your weight disappearing soon, just keep plugging away at it. I'll have a look at your diary too and see if I can see anything.

fillymum: Week 1 -2.4kgs / Week 2 -0.9kgs / Week 3 -2lb / Week 4 -2lb Total for March: -11.1lbs
suespain: Week 1 STS / Week 2 -3lbs / Week 3 STS / Week 4 STS Total for March: -3lbs
pommette: Week 1 holiday / Week 2 +1½ lbs / Week 3 -1lb / Week 4 STS Total for March: +½lb
toliveordiet?: Week 1 -0.6kgs / Week 2 -0.3kgs / Week 3 -0.4kgs / Week 4 -1kgs Total for March: -2.3kgs (5.1lbs)

Last edited:
The only thing that I noticed on your food diary Sue was your Bran flakes and Fruit & Fibre for breakfast - are you having the increased amounts? I know Fruit & Fibre are now 35g (coz that's what I have) but I think the Bran Flakes quantity has increased too. Also don't forget 2 x Alpen Lights = HEB. You never know it might just help "flush" every thing through ;)

Otherwise it all looks good, your STS might just be bad luck and you will catch up next week :)

Hi Gail

Thanks for taking a look.

I have 35g of either Fruit and Fibre or Bran Flakes (any less is not worth having ha ha!!) and I cut up banana on top so it looks more.

Only had 1 Alpen Light as that was all I had left - will have to get some more.

No problems with "flushing through" just wish I could ditch the lbs.

Thanks again for having a look - perhaps I'm just not meant to get to 10 stone.

Sue, when you are feeling despondant just look at this..........

Statistics:
Total Weight Loss:
81lb
Weight to Lose: 13lb
% Lost 34.62%

TOTAL WEIGHT LOSS 81lbs.........bleedy hell girl that is not to be sniffed at.

You will continue to lose weight just keep doing what you are doing. It takes a bit longer when you have done as well as you have........

CONGRATULATIONS SUE XXXXX

Back