Sunny Slimmers in Spain Weigh In

Sorry to be late checking in but we have had a hectic Easter work-wise and yesterday I was worn out and did not post on Minis at all.
Friday I was a bit naughty at the Antique fair and had a gin and tonic.....it was sooooooo good at the end of the day and Sunday we had a late lunch out with friends but I had a salad that was fabulous. I did have 2 glasses of red wine though.

I have lost just 1lb in the last week but am well on track and very determined.

Wll done Sue. Be proud of your pound. Never say JUST . . . some of us are slow losers and really pleased with that. My average is about ¾lb a week.

HI girlies - I'm going to take this week as a holiday as I am still at the apartment with no scales. By the time I get home on Thursday now it's almost half way through the week. Hopefully by next Monday I'll have been able to do some damage limitation and the gain won't be so big! :(

Last edited:
Sorry to be late checking in but we have had a hectic Easter work-wise and yesterday I was worn out and did not post on Minis at all.
Friday I was a bit naughty at the Antique fair and had a gin and tonic.....it was sooooooo good at the end of the day and Sunday we had a late lunch out with friends but I had a salad that was fabulous. I did have 2 glasses of red wine though.

I have lost just 1lb in the last week but am well on track and very determined.

Well done Sue -1lb is good especially if you overdid your syns a bit. Keep up the good work. (Oh no! Now you've mentioned red wine I may have to open a bottle to go with tea - not the whole bottle of course :))

fillymum: Week 1 -2lb / Week 2 -1lb
pommette: Week 1 STS / Week 2 - holiday
sookie: Week 1 +1lb
suespain: Week 1 STS
toliveordiet?: Week 1 -0.1kgs / Week 2 -0.9kgs

Happy bunny today I lost 3lb... Hoping that will keep me motivated when out to Spain next week. Have a great weekend everyone x

Well done Sookie - enjoy your visit to Spain. Weather has been really up and down this week. Sun one day, massive rain the next, and today mixed - rain this morning, sun this afternoon. Hey ho . . .

Well done Sookie, 3lbs is brilliant. Have a great time in Spain, are you staying on your diet while you are here?

sookie: Week 1 +1lb / Week 2 -3lbs
toliveordiet?: Week 1 -0.1kgs / Week 2 -0.9kgs

Sorry folks, I rather let the side down this week having 3 days where I went out for meals or entertained. I tried to make up for it by having two fast forward days and in the end still managed to lose a little but on 0.1kg. I hope you all did better than me :)

toliveordiet?: Week 1 -0.1kgs / Week 2 -0.9kgs / Week 3 -0.1kgs

Gail - you have not let the side down. A loss is a loss so be proud and celebrate!

Now to my WI. How confused do you want to be?
Since last OFFICIAL WI 2 weeks ago I've lost 1½ lbs (this is the number for the stats!)
BUT . . . when I got on the scales a day early last week for an unofficial WI, I was up by 2¼ lbs - putting me at 5¼ lbs over target. :eek:

Once we got back from the apartment I've had 5 angelic red days with hardly any carbs .
The red days have worked big time and I've lost 3¾ lbs ! Almost unheard of for me.
I've only ever lost 3 lbs in a week twice before and 2 lbs in a week just 12 times (and that's in 5½ years!!!)

So I'm now back to just 1½ lbs (0.7 kg) over target and back below 12st at 11st 11½ lbs

I'm well pleased!

Don't know whether I can lose the 1½ lbs this week what with mum being here but I shall give it a bleddy good try!

Sorry folks, I rather let the side down this week having 3 days where I went out for meals or entertained. I tried to make up for it by having two fast forward days and in the end still managed to lose a little but on 0.1kg. I hope you all did better than me :)

Let the side down !!!!! Don't be silly !!! To have recuperated what you did and to go on to FF immediately is praiseworthy.

Well done.

After a couple of wicked days cos I was so down ( it only made me more down, will I ever learn ) I am delighted to have STS.

This week my head is back in the right place and I am actually looking forward to next weeks WI.

Have a good week everyone !!!

Hoping to stick to it but staying with family. But I have packed my trainers to Continue with my jogging. X

Hello girls in Spain - can I join your group PLEASE!!!

I am way down in Gran Canaria and desperately trying to lose weight yet again. I joined Slimming World last summer back in the UK whilst over on holiday and have flirted with it in and off ever since. However got my daughter's graduation coming up in the summer and a big birthday so feel that has got to be my incentive. I really enjoy the SW diet but just don't seem to pull off those big weight losses that everybody talks about and then that ruins my motivation. Started again on 4th April at 81 k, last week 79.8 and today wednesday 18th 79.2 k - been having weetabix and milk, salad egg or ham) for lunch and then grilled chicken or salmon with salad for dinner Plus a mercado a or Activia yogurt - haven't gone over my sins but still never seem to lose what I hope to! Anybody got any ideas On what I can try this week????

Welcome SueCG - lovely to have you with us.
Your losses are great 1.2 kg and 0.7 Kg = over 2½ lbs and 1½ lbs . My average is just ¾lbs a week!

Thanks Pommette - made me feel a bit better - how do these people lose 4 and 5lb a week!!! I wish!!!
I think it depends on how much you have to lose and how "bad" your diet was before you started.
Someone with say 70+ lbs to lose and lived on takeaways will lose really fast if they swap to a sensible healthy eating plan like SW.
One girl I know who had 10 st to lose lost 10lbs, 7 lbs amd 5 lbs in her first 3 weeks but was a freely admitted McD junkie and all she did to start with was cut them out completely.
Although I had 5 st to lose I had never really eaten junk food.
I ate healthily, but huge portions :( - and my addiction was peanuts and crisps, and I ate a lot of them too. :eek:
So it's been a long slow slog for me but I've kept 2 stone off since mid 2007 and another 2½ stone since last November.
So SW has obviously retrained my brain and appetite and I never feel hungry now and am (mostly) in contriol of my crisp addiction!

Gail - you have not let the side down. A loss is a loss so be proud and celebrate!

Now to my WI. How confused do you want to be?
Since last OFFICIAL WI 2 weeks ago I've lost 1½ lbs (this is the number for the stats!)
BUT . . . when I got on the scales a day early last week for an unofficial WI, I was up by 2¼ lbs - putting me at 5¼ lbs over target. :eek:

Once we got back from the apartment I've had 5 angelic red days with hardly any carbs .
The red days have worked big time and I've lost 3¾ lbs ! Almost unheard of for me.
I've only ever lost 3 lbs in a week twice before and 2 lbs in a week just 12 times (and that's in 5½ years!!!)

So I'm now back to just 1½ lbs (0.7 kg) over target and back below 12st at 11st 11½ lbs

I'm well pleased!

Don't know whether I can lose the 1½ lbs this week what with mum being here but I shall give it a bleddy good try!

Welcome back Bev! You did really well to get that loss particularly since you had gained, well done you :clap:

Well done Sue with your STS. As you say you did well not to have a gain.

and welcome SueGC to our little group of weighers, I will add your stats to the list. Well done on your losses so far, I know it can be a bit disheartening when you don't get the losses you were hoping for but any loss is worth having and it's a marathon not a sprint as they say (unfortunately:cry:)

Since posting on Monday I have really gone to town and not in a good way. I went out for a meal on Monday and had doner kebab last night. I avoided the scales this morning swearing to get on them again tomorrow after I've been good again today :D

Good luck for this week everyone, I'll check back in over the weekend to see if there are any more stats to add.

fillymum: Week 1 -2lb / Week 2 -1lb / Week 3 STS
pommette: Week 1 STS / Week 2 - holiday / Week 3 -1.5lbs
SueGC: Week 1 Starting point / Week 2 -1.2kgs / Week 3 -0.6kgs

Hello girls in Spain - can I join your group PLEASE!!!

I am way down in Gran Canaria and desperately trying to lose weight yet again. I joined Slimming World last summer back in the UK whilst over on holiday and have flirted with it in and off ever since. However got my daughter's graduation coming up in the summer and a big birthday so feel that has got to be my incentive. I really enjoy the SW diet but just don't seem to pull off those big weight losses that everybody talks about and then that ruins my motivation. Started again on 4th April at 81 k, last week 79.8 and today wednesday 18th 79.2 k - been having weetabix and milk, salad egg or ham) for lunch and then grilled chicken or salmon with salad for dinner Plus a mercado a or Activia yogurt - haven't gone over my sins but still never seem to lose what I hope to! Anybody got any ideas On what I can try this week????

:welcome2:

Welcome Sue. We seem to be pretty common around here............just count up the Sue's out of such a small membership in our tiny Spanish group.

Right down to business......................are you actually eating enough, all your healthy extras etc as well as at least 5 syns per day.
I found to do a full week of fish, fish and more fish was a good , speedy way to get some weight of a bit faster.

Try making a Super Speed soup to fill up on and eating as many SS foods as you can.

Do you have a food diary.....................???

Could you post a full days food on here, exactly what you have eaten and drunk so we can help you properly.

Morning chicas.

Ah well - reporting in with a gain . . . :cry:
0.8 kg (1¾ lbs) so I haven't put everything back on I lost last week but I'm out of target range.

Twas to be expected really with mum being here as, even though I was good in the house, we ate out 4 times.

Oh well back to Red days and lets shift it . . . AGAIN!

Last edited:
I am lucky to have only put 1lb on. I deserve to have put more on as I ate awful things.........awful things that were just sooooo good like sausage rolls and drank red wine.

Like Bev, today I am back on track and doing a week of red with fish being a prominent part of my regime.

Welcome SueCG..
Well I'm back from my week in the sun/wind lol. Hope everyone is well. Won't be weighing in until next week as so don't want to know the damage I have done. Have a great week xx

Back