Sunny Weather = Picnic!

Mets

Gold Member
Since the weather is supposed to be lovely for this weekend, i was thinking of arranging a picnic for my fella and I by the Thames near us :)

What type of Induction friendly treats should I make/take? I can't get bloody sandwiches out my head!! lol I'll make some for him but what to have for me....?

*Boiled eggs
*Cold meats i.e ham filled with cream cheese
*Salady bits

Umm... mind blank! :D

crustless quiche???
i saw a chef make mozzarella pasta last night - that would be nice cold with some chorizo mixed in and a bit of oil with chilli ???? god knows how he made it though.

Was that on Masterchef? I saw that and it looked YUM!!!!

Oooo crustless quiche...that's an idea. Thank you! :flirt2:

yes it was on Masterchef - ive been watching so many cooking programmes recently. i wonder if you buy whole mozzerella and put it though pasta maker?

I don't know?? I'm trying to find a recipe but can't... I wouldn't think putting it through a pasta machine would work as it comes in a ball???

mmm im going to research :D

I can't find one

me neither :( was it in the restaurant? or was it one of their own recipes?

I think it was one of their own? Maybe the mozzarella is mixed in with whatever you make pasta out of (no idea?!) and then put through a machiney thing?

i dunno. Another idea - corned beef slices with cheese in the middle and some mayo - like a corned beef sandwich lol x

Fridge Raiders

LIDL do a great 100% cooked beefburger
Salami
pepperoni's
Bockwurst
egg and Mayo salad with chopped chives is always nice

Ooo some more great ideas. Love the corned beef and cheese.... mmmmmm! :D Pepperonis yum yum!

Bockwurst - what's that Jim? Is that the german sausage?

Yes love, it's smoked pork sausage that you can eat cold or warmed in a a pan of water.

Ooo yum! My fella will like that. Loves all German food as his Dad is German so has been brought up on it

ooh jim the egg mayo salad sounds nice :)

It does! Yum yum yummmmmm!

Take him to Lidl then, he'll think he's in wonderland Met. :)

Lidl is fab for stuff like that :)

We have got one near us... actually just had a look, we do! It's a bit far out but would be worth it :D

and they do a fantastic range of very low carb sos as well met.

I loved my time in Germany, loved the food and loved the beer. LOL

Back