Advice needed please!!

Sarahj82

On Sunday I am going to Mother-in-law's house for dinner but because there will be other family going as well as my 6 year old and my 2 year old she is going to do a buffet style dinner. Sandwiches made with tiger bread, pizza, filled mini yorkshire puddings and chocolates are foods that always make an appearance at this kind of get together. I can't ask her to make it SW friendly becase that would just be down right cheeky. I am only losing 1.5lb a week so need to be careful. What shall I do?!?

Yes I agree say you will make something. Will she have salad, or lean meats or crudities they are what I tend to go for

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com

bringing something is a great idea.

I also eat something before I go to these things, even if it's just a banana on the way in the car, so that I'm not hungry and less likely to pig out! And then have something in the car for the way home in case I have actually managed to be supergood but am now starving haha

I agree with the rest, I'd eat before I went, and offer to take something. As I'm not a fan of eggs, I'd maybe look at making some sort of tomato based pasta salad maybe? What about houmous and carrot/cucumber/pepper to dip into it?

Don't forget you can always eat pizza toppings, sandwich fillings etc without all the bread as well! Most pizza toppings (apart from cheese) are generally free foods, and sandwiches likewise as long as they aren't smothered in mayo. As for things to take, how about the curry loaf recipe made into mini muffins? Sorry I'm crap at doing links but you can do a search for the recipe in the box at the top. You could always tell your MIL you're trying to eat more healthily rather than tell her you're on SW, she surely would understand and accept that?

Above all, try not to stress out too much and do enjoy yourself, family time is precious...

Hi Vodkagirl......badly lol. Avoided weigh in like the plague too because I ate my body weight in junk for 4 days running. Going to weigh in tonight and start again x

Oh no!

Ah well, it happens, just dust yourself off and get back on it :)

Back