Super free soup help!!!

SJH1985

Hiya, I apologise in advance if there's an answer for my query elsewhere but I've searched the site and can't find the answer!!!

I'm asking if anyone has any recipes for super free soups......I made the super speedy soup which was delicious but my consultant said tonight that it isn't classed as super free due to the beans in it. I've STS for a second week running (very disappointed :-( boo, hoo!) so this week I'm going to try and increase my free food intake so thinking a soup would be a massive help for lunches and snacks.

Any help/feedback/links would be massively appreciated as I'm really trying my hardest not to be disheartened and to try a bit harder to have a loss of some kind next week!

Thanks in advance :) Xxxxx

A carrot and coriander or tomato would be super free, dont have the recipe to hand, but basically fry onion, cut up veg add spices, boil....

I sometimes have a Vietnamese soup which is very nice. The broth is made with soya sauce, lime juice, garlic, chilli, paprika & fish sauce & then I add in pak choi, baby sweetcorn, spring onions, mange tout & anything else I fancy. It's lovely & is good for a cold. It's also nice with pork & rice noodles, but obviously not super free.

Other ideas might be carrot & ginger, borscht or butternut squash & chilli

X

I do my own tomato soup.

Tin of chopped tomatoes
Tin of beans
handful of frozen mixed veg
1/2pt veg stock
Worcester sauce
Tomato puree

Boil the whole lot together. When the veg is cooked blitz it in a liquidizer or with a hand blender. Season as required.

Hi another good one and it is sooooo simple, dont let the Pease Pud put you off. I made this for Taster Night and everyone loved it and now makes on a regular basis

VEGETABLE & PEASE PUDDING SOUP
Free on Green or Extra Easy

INGREDIENTS:
2 Packs of Pre-prepared Vegetables
2 Pints of Water
2 Vegetable Stock Cubes
2 Tubs of Pease Pudding

DIRECTIONS:
Dissolve stock cubes in 2 Pints of Water
Place the Vegetables and stock into a large saucepan cover and cook until Vegetables are tender.
Remove from the heat and stir in Pease Pudding to thicken.
Add Salt and Pepper if required.
You might like to add sliced new potatoes and if on Extra Easy Bacon pieces.

Give it a go you will be SURPRISED :)

i usually do a veg soup, carrots, turnip, onion, leeks, bit of garlic, couple of tins of chopped tomatoes and 3 pints of water with 5 veg stockcubes, black pepper and pinch of mixed herbs. i dont really measure anything when making this soup but i find it feeds about 8 greedy people of which im one of them! lol im used to feeding a gang so thats why there's so much stock. you can adapt it to suit your needs or freeze it, it does freeze well and is totally synfree on all plans and best of all full of superfree speed foods.

I asked a question about this last week too, if you have superfree soup can it count as your 1/3 in a meal?

so if I had soup could I miss out veg from a meal on EE?

Yes I hope you can i do that and I will eat fruit after dinner if I think I haven't done a 1/3of my plate to balance it out!

Back