Super Speed Food Challenge Soup

ah, ok...
I sometimes forget that this forum is on the internet and is therefore worldwide...

Right, having a few green days this week (usually have mostly red but fancied a change!) so I thought I'd give this a go! Even by halving the ingredients I have LOADS, don't have much freezer space so I have to hope that it survives in the fridge for a few days :)

Really like it though. Jazzed it up with some worcestershire sauce and tabasco to give it a kick. More speed foods to add to this week, they are really helping my losses!

Ok im going to have to make this now I have read all of your threads. I dont like soup but am willing to try anything to hep :)
xxx

if you don't blitz it, it's more like a stew.. if you add some diced beef or chicken then it more or less IS a stew..

I made some today and guess what I really liked it it mase loads and I have frozen it in bags so I can just get a bag out at a time. I thought it would be lovely with Beef or Chicken as well Coljack. Just need to find a cheap flask now then Im good to go :)
xx

Thanks to all,
Made this earlier in week. Went shopping for ingredients n found some ready chopped soup veggies in reduced counter!!! So used that plus parsnips, lentils, beans n stock. Threw in slow cooker, Bob's your uncle, it was fabarooney! Been eating all week. Weigh in Tuesday, so time will tell.

I lost 3lbs the week I made this, it's lovely! It makes a massive portion though and by day 3 I feel like I have soup coming from my ears!
I like mine chunky, I don't like the texture of the blended beans.

It's fab with frozen onions and peppers for 'can't be bothered, I'm exhausted' days.

I had a big bowl today for my lunch and I have to say it froze really well. I have found no laxative effects from it though lol

Think I am going to try this as I am living without a kitchen at the minute and saw I can put it in my slow cooker. So my question is, how long does it take to cook?

depends on what setting you have the cooker on..

about 3 hours on high, and about 6-8 on low.... but it doesn't really matter if you leave it on for longer as it's soup after all.. you want the stuff in it to be mushy..

Hi, I'm not a veggie person at all, but think I will give this a go. I may be pleasantly surprised.

I made a superspeed soup last week ate it over 4 days and lost the amazing amount of.......0.5lb
AND I had put that little mite on the week before so I'm in the same place I was 2 weeks ago , having learned what? you may well ask... Superspeed soup, whilst being tasty ( and it was very, surprisingly) blows up my belly and increases the size of hole in the ozone due to me creating more methane than many herds of cows!!!

Mel your last sentence made me chuckle!!! Think I might avoid it now lol.

icandothis:-) said:
Mel your last sentence made me chuckle!!! Think I might avoid it now lol.

Yeah it was very windy but it was tasty and once it was made a very convenient lunch.. However I thought my hubby was going to divorce me xx

Just made a batch of this and on first tasting it's yummy!!..... i've added some chilli sauce to it aswell to give it a little boost!!

Going to try this today and for my lunch this week. Get weighed on Thursday evening and need a boost after 2 rubbish losses!
----

Just finished it and it's made loads. I have done as always with soup and blended 2/3 and reserved the final 1/3 for texture. It's really nice. Added an extra stock cube as we've ran out of salt. Also added 2 tsp paprika and 2 tsp of chilli flakes.

Very filling and rather yummy. That's my lunches sorted for the next 4 days!

Last edited:
I didnt like half of the beans that went into this soup but a friend made it for me for lunch yesterday and it was yummy! she blended hers.

Back