Super Tasty Lunch with zero guilt :-)

nerys-

Grrr :-)
I am loving this forum and getting a ton of information. I can't afford "diets" and "plans" and stuff like that heck I can't even afford a gym membership.

BUT I am lucky and can get fresh food pretty cheapy at local produce stands etc.. SO I tend to "mash up" my own recipies and concoctions. I figure I am getting so much from this forum I want to give something back. SO whenever I come up with something I will post the details with pics here.

I was hungry for lunch today. Did not want another yogurt I wanted more substance. We were about to order Tuna Salads. Its just tuna and lettuce but it was surprisingly good. I am concerned over how much mayo they might use though but since I have only eaten 200cals today I did not care too much.

Not open till 3pm (ouch) then I saw the price and almost passed out. $7.99 HOLY CRAP no way in hell am I paying $8 for lettuce and tuna I don't care who is paying or whatever. Its a matter of principle.

SO I grabbed $20 from the drawer and left for inconlingo's (local grocery store right next to the $8 tuna salad place :)

This is for TWO people so unless noted split all values in half for ONE person >> denotes its all for me alone

I also bought a jar of fat free Miracle Whip for $3.79 15 calories for 1 Tablespoon I used one heaping tea spoon in each can of tuna so I should easily get 30 uses out of the jar

I bought a bottle of Spray Salad Dressing Wishbone spritzers Caesar Delight. 1 calorie per spray We used about 15 sprays each It was $3.29 this will net us 17 uses at this rate

$1.50 80 calories Lettuce Bag

$2.36 200 calories 2 Cans Tuna

$4.78 120 calories 4 Tomatoes

$0.25 15 Calories Miracle Whip

$0.39 30 Calories Salad Dressing Spray

> $0.25 50 calories 1 Small yellow Onion

> $0.21 10 calories (bag of of spinach is 60calories I used 1/6th the bag)

So Total Dollars spent $16 BUT the spray dressing mayo and spinach can be used many more times.

actual cost PER MEAL

My sisters (no onion and no spinach)

$4.64 and 186 Calories

My meal with the Spinach and Onions

$5.10 and 246 Calories

I made both of the meals for just a tiny bit more than the price of ONE SINGLE $8 meal from the pizza shop and it would have had way less food (JUST lettuce and tuna) and lots of very high calorie mayo.

I am still eating it now. VERY VERY yummy and satisfying with hardly any calories to speak of!

I also plastered them in garlic salt and mine in pepper as well all of which are zero calorie.

Attached is a picture. The Tuna can is for scale so you can see HOW MUCH food you can have for so little calories. Hmmm can't post a picture. Not sure what I need to do in order to post pictures so for now hit my link on facebook (for some reason I can not link my blackberry with this laptop so I had to find some other way to "send" the picture.

I am pretty sure this link is directly to the picture

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=2847003&id=588717704

Next time I will try the balsamic spray should be even YUMMIER !

also if you buy your tuna at Walmart (75 cents a can) and your Tomato's at a produce stand you can almost cut the price for this IN HALF.

Trust me on one thing only buy GOOD tuna. the no name brand tuna really sucks.

I got a can of off name tuna for 65cents a can from Family Dollar (it says its made by chicken of the sea like the $1.18 cans I got from grocery store)

not even close. its probably the same tuna but one looks like tuna the other looks like shredded tuna in a slury. they don't "taste" the same either though the 65cent can is certaintly not bad. I prefer the nicer looking and better tasting tuna.

Albacore Tuna is even better!! but be warned its a lot more money and 20 more calories per can.

Last edited:
I found something wonderful last night!

Sandwich thins basically a thin sandwich roll no HFCS and only 100 calories a pop!

I CAN HAVE SANDWICHES AGAIN :)

So last night I combined 1 roll 100 calories 1 piece of boneless skinless tyson chicken 110 calories with 1 serving of FF Mayo 15 calories a Heaping pile of spinach 10 calories 2 whole tomato's 60 calories and 2 pickle halves 10 calories and a slice of red onion 10 calories combined together with garlic salt and pepper and had myself one of the most delicious meals I have had in a long time

Total calories 315 calories and I could not finish it all gave a pickle to my brother and let sister have some of my tomato's

For picture check out my facebook I am doing this from mt BB since the internet at home is fubared!

This morning I made another sandwich splurging a bit 350 calories for 1/2 cup SW egg beaters red onion mushrooms tunafish all done together on sandwich with spinach tomato and FF mayo

Oh my gos so frelling delicious!! I also made up some mid day soups with progresso light italian style meatball split into two servings

I cooked up some mushrooms added to each cooked up a can of green beans half to each bowl for about 150 calories per bowl

Later today and this afternoon those will replace yogurts as my between meal meals

Yumyum and low cal and cheap! Pics of breakfast and soups also on my facebook

Sounds like you really been experimenting girl! And go for it, it's great cos it'll mean that you won't get bored with what you're eating. :D

Check out my latest pic! thats what we had tonight! Tequila Lime Turkey with a mashup side of Potato's Green beans and carrots a whole sweet onion (WE LOVE onions) minced garlic little bit of olive oil some multi veg spice pepper sea salt garlic and basil. Some Tomato's as well.

FYI Hot Wings sauce and Turkey ARE MADE FOR EACH OTHER. Wow what a combo!

LESS than 300cal for that giant plate of food!

Got my sister and my little sister on board.

My sister has lost 8 pounds so far my little sister has lost 3 pounds in 2 days!

I lost another 3 pounds and am now down to 389.2 ! less than a pound to my first 30 pounds!

1 month as of today which puts me at just shy of 30 pounds in 1 month! I REALLY hope I can keep this pace up at least for the first 100 pounds.

tequila lime turkey sounds amazing.

Back