superfree foods

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by corrina, 3 January 2010 Social URL.

1. corrina

corrina Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st6.5lb
    Current Weight:
    14st6.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    hi everyone, im doing the ee plan and i was just wandering what does everyone else who is doing ee use to fill there plate one third superfree foods.
    I hope u can understand this x
    thanks in advance xxx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Chicky Noops

Chicky Noops Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st10lb
    Current Weight:
    11st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st1lb
    Lost(%):
    2st9lb(19.27%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    Salad and veg.

Though I'm not strict with the third thing. A lot of the time I do it without any effort, such as all the extra veg I chuck into a spag bol, chilli or curry.

4. Honeyoc

Honeyoc Is a crunchy mama!

Start Weight:
    13st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st9lb
    Diet:
    Healthy Eating
    My fave way is to roast lots of vegetables. I love butternut squash, carrots, red, green and yellow peppers, courgettes, beetroot, fennel and tomatoes. I do this at least 2 x a week and there's always leftovers for lunches etc. I also love baked cauliflower with cumin; sprinkle cauliflower florets with salt, pepper and a generous amount of ground cumin and bake at 200C for 20 minutes. Its delicious!
    I also make steamed broccoli, green beans, pak choi and make a lot of stir fries with rainbow stir fry veggies, okra etc. Braised cabbage also tastes great especially with a steak. You could also start each main meal with a bowl of vegetable soup made of superfree veggies!

5. corrina

corrina Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st6.5lb
    Current Weight:
    14st6.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    thanks some great ideas there xx

6. BritMumInCanada

BritMumInCanada Gold Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    I don't think it is always possible to have a 1/3 of your plate superfree and I really don't think slimming world are saying you MUST. But they are recommending it, as fruit and vegetables can only be good for you and if you can get your 5 a day in, then it is good for you in the long run.

I try and get a 1/3 superfree in where I can, usually a side salad or if I am doing something like a casserole, curry or bolognese etc, then I will add lots of vegetables into it or otherwise I will cook some veggies to have on the side. I love cabbage mashed with a bit of black pepper, and carrots roasted in the oven with some onion and garlic.

I also keep plenty of fruit on hand, for if I fancy a snack.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.