Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

superfree foods

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by corrina, 3 January 2010 Social URL.

1. corrina

corrina Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st6.5lb
    Current Weight:
    14st6.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    hi everyone, im doing the ee plan and i was just wandering what does everyone else who is doing ee use to fill there plate one third superfree foods.
    I hope u can understand this x
    thanks in advance xxx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Chicky Noops

Chicky Noops Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st10lb
    Current Weight:
    11st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st1lb
    Lost(%):
    2st9lb(19.27%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    Salad and veg.

Though I'm not strict with the third thing. A lot of the time I do it without any effort, such as all the extra veg I chuck into a spag bol, chilli or curry.

4. Honeyoc

Honeyoc Is a crunchy mama!

Start Weight:
    13st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st9lb
    Diet:
    Healthy Eating
    My fave way is to roast lots of vegetables. I love butternut squash, carrots, red, green and yellow peppers, courgettes, beetroot, fennel and tomatoes. I do this at least 2 x a week and there's always leftovers for lunches etc. I also love baked cauliflower with cumin; sprinkle cauliflower florets with salt, pepper and a generous amount of ground cumin and bake at 200C for 20 minutes. Its delicious!
    I also make steamed broccoli, green beans, pak choi and make a lot of stir fries with rainbow stir fry veggies, okra etc. Braised cabbage also tastes great especially with a steak. You could also start each main meal with a bowl of vegetable soup made of superfree veggies!

5. corrina

corrina Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st6.5lb
    Current Weight:
    14st6.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    thanks some great ideas there xx

6. BritMumInCanada

BritMumInCanada Gold Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    I don't think it is always possible to have a 1/3 of your plate superfree and I really don't think slimming world are saying you MUST. But they are recommending it, as fruit and vegetables can only be good for you and if you can get your 5 a day in, then it is good for you in the long run.

I try and get a 1/3 superfree in where I can, usually a side salad or if I am doing something like a casserole, curry or bolognese etc, then I will add lots of vegetables into it or otherwise I will cook some veggies to have on the side. I love cabbage mashed with a bit of black pepper, and carrots roasted in the oven with some onion and garlic.

I also keep plenty of fruit on hand, for if I fancy a snack.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.