superfree foods

corrina

hi everyone, im doing the ee plan and i was just wandering what does everyone else who is doing ee use to fill there plate one third superfree foods.
I hope u can understand this x
thanks in advance xxx

Salad and veg.

Though I'm not strict with the third thing. A lot of the time I do it without any effort, such as all the extra veg I chuck into a spag bol, chilli or curry.

My fave way is to roast lots of vegetables. I love butternut squash, carrots, red, green and yellow peppers, courgettes, beetroot, fennel and tomatoes. I do this at least 2 x a week and there's always leftovers for lunches etc. I also love baked cauliflower with cumin; sprinkle cauliflower florets with salt, pepper and a generous amount of ground cumin and bake at 200C for 20 minutes. Its delicious!
I also make steamed broccoli, green beans, pak choi and make a lot of stir fries with rainbow stir fry veggies, okra etc. Braised cabbage also tastes great especially with a steak. You could also start each main meal with a bowl of vegetable soup made of superfree veggies!

I don't think it is always possible to have a 1/3 of your plate superfree and I really don't think slimming world are saying you MUST. But they are recommending it, as fruit and vegetables can only be good for you and if you can get your 5 a day in, then it is good for you in the long run.

I try and get a 1/3 superfree in where I can, usually a side salad or if I am doing something like a casserole, curry or bolognese etc, then I will add lots of vegetables into it or otherwise I will cook some veggies to have on the side. I love cabbage mashed with a bit of black pepper, and carrots roasted in the oven with some onion and garlic.

I also keep plenty of fruit on hand, for if I fancy a snack.

Back