Supermarket shopping and staying positive lol

Hamish's Mum

Silver Member
Day 1 for me today and sent my OH food shopping this afternoon. He spent about £50 and bought nothing, multi-pack bottles of full fat iron bru, biscuits, several bars of expensive chocolate and even bought the dog rubbish dog food too.

As I have always been planning to try and do 3 packs plus protein and veg I had nothing to eat and was debating doing 4 packs today. But I thought stuff that I will just have to go to the supermarket hungry and make the best of it.

I was so surprised at how much I could eat, lots of fresh veg and chicken, turkey, and lots of fish bought I came out feeling really positive. It does not have to be as hard as I thought it would, I can try to make it work. I now have lots of choice for the next few days so no excuse to cave in.

Just gota keep drinking the water, think I will treat myself to a coke zero, lol

I love food shopping on plan but try only to go once a week otherwise I could easily spend a small fortune on veg!!

I mainly have cauliflower and brocolli for work - cook loads, portion it all up and take in to go with mealpack

Always get Asda zero/ diet cream soda

Plenty of options, making it as easy as possible for you is the main thing. I try to make meals indulgent as possible - packs it protein meals

Glad you had a positive experience, it gets easier :)

Had the macaroni chees with brocoli and cauliflower tonight, was tasty even if it didn't look it. Was quite runny and not much to it so I would have to have it with protein and veg to make it more of a meal. Thats day 1 almost over and I survied, even with a hangover!

Less water hun, I make mine thick it just coats the veg mmm. Super filling :)

I still do the supermarket shopping and I always buy myself a non-food treat, a nail varnish, glossy mag, nice bubble bath whatever, just so I've got something too :) besides a bit of veg (as I'm doing 4 packs a day)

Back