supermarket

bunnylovesalan

Proud Mama :)
Radom thought but as I was shopping around Morrisons today I saw one lady got a packet of alpen lights in shopping basket. Whenever I see omeone with something SW friendly I always think I wounder if they are doing SW, lol.

haha this made me lol! i am exactly the same! and when theres no quark left in tescos i think "hmm all the sw ppl are making cheesecake tonight" :) xxx

I was at our local farmers market and the women next to me was asking the guy selling the sausages what was in them she said' I'd like to work out the syn value' not sure extra think pork sausages would come under the syn values on any of these pages.

lol i would have been like "only half a syn" :sign0151:

lol only joking that would be mean :) xxxx

When I was paying for my shopping in Tesco a couple of weeks ago, the cashier lady asked me if I was doing Slimming World. I thought she must have recognised me from the class, but then I got all confused when she told me what group she goes to, as it is different to mine. Wasn't til after I got home I sussed she must have guessed due to the stuff I was buying :D

Really?! I'm surprised she would say that - after all imagine how embarrassed a customer might be if they are not on SW after all!

haha good point circes! they could be like omg r u saying i need to lose weight! xxx

Really?! I'm surprised she would say that - after all imagine how embarrassed a customer might be if they are not on SW after all!

I know! I thought exactly the same thing. Would have been an awkward moment if I'd said no. :whistle:

I had a cashier in the supermarket ask me that as well. I think its a combination of 50% of the trolley being fruit & veg, and the rest being ex lean meats, mugshots, alpen lights etc that gives it away usually.

I wounder how many people not doing SW buy alpen lights, I only discovered them through SW and the same with Mullerlights etc

Till staff are not shy about asking when your baby is due when you're not even bloody pregnant so nothing suprises me!

Nightmare! Actually I hate this whole new "let's get chatty with the customer" thing that lots of shops seem to be bringing in. Particular when you know the staff are bing forces to make conversation. I don't want to have a chat about what my plans are for that day while I'm packing my bags, I just want to get my shopping and leave. Listen up Asda - it doesn't improve my customer experience, it just makes me use the self-service! Add to that the mandatory charity bag packers I have to negotiate every time I'm there I may just move to online shopping. :mad:

Rant over :D

lolacola said:
When I was paying for my shopping in Tesco a couple of weeks ago, the cashier lady asked me if I was doing Slimming World. I thought she must have recognised me from the class, but then I got all confused when she told me what group she goes to, as it is different to mine. Wasn't til after I got home I sussed she must have guessed due to the stuff I was buying :D

I've had this too in asda. The lady said 'you're doing slimming world aren't you?' lol:) we had a lovely chat and she told me about slimmingeats which I'd not seen before:)

I do the same, far too nosy for my own good!! With charity bag packing which I have done a lot with my guide group we always ask first and if someone says no thats fine by us. I have been known to pack bags for free and if its quiet I often return the baskets to the front of the store. Shopkeeper's daughter! Must be a genetic mutation! I have also been known to tidy up the front of till displays and even helped empty a malfunctioning freezer! However I can see how it can be annoying if there is someone bag packing every time you go into the supermarket.

I wounder how many people not doing SW buy alpen lights, I only discovered them through SW and the same with Mullerlights etc

:D I was like that with Mugshots, never heard of them before, now I have converted everyone in my office to them! Mugshots are the future!

Back