supernoodles and pasta n sauce

I started SW on the 12th (one day before you :)), and I have eaten a pasta n sauce EVERY SINGLE DAY. I know its not the most healthy of options but as I am currently limited to a microwave for all my meals, I LOVE pasta n sauce.

I cook mine with an onion and mushrooms with pea's (free on green and EE) and sweetcorn (free on green and EE). None of it takes very long an takes away the lack of veg guilt slightly lol. Plus it bulks it out and make it feel more like a meal. Also a tin of Tuna chunks added makes it scrummy.

When I first started I would have a whole packet as a snack! I don't do this now, one packet will serve 2 of us accompanied with whatever else we're eating, or I use a whole packet to make a quiche but again I don't eat it all in one go.

We had a taster eving this week and one of the members made one of these and she covered it in veg and then the quiche topping.

It was YUM!

Only thing was, the consultant said that recently SW changed the rules on this slightly. She said to put the Pasta and sauce into the quiche is fine, as long as its used as a 'meal' and not as a snack. She said this had only recently changed. So thought I would share.

Here is a list of the syns:

Batchelors Pasta n Sauce, Chicken & Mushroom, excluding milk & butter, dried 122g packet

0 Syn on Extra Easy Original 21½ Syns Green Free

Batchelors Pasta n Sauce, Bolognese, excluding milk & butter, dried 126g packet

0 Syn on Extra Easy Original 22 Syns Green Free

Batchelors Pasta n Sauce, Carbonara, excluding milk & butter, dried 120g packet

½ Syn on Extra Easy Original 23 Syns Green ½ Syn

Batchelors Pasta n Sauce, Cheese, Leek & Ham, excluding milk & butter, dried 120g packet

1 Syns on Extra Easy Original 22½ Syns Green 1 Syns

Batchelors Pasta n Sauce, Chicken & Roasted Garlic, excluding milk & butter, dried 120g packet

0 Syn on Extra Easy Original 22½ Syns Green Free

Batchelors Pasta n Sauce, Creamy Chicken & Herb, excluding milk & butter, dried 116g packet

0 Syn on Extra Easy Original 21 Syns Green Free

Batchelors Pasta n Sauce, Creamy Tikka Masala, excluding milk & butter, dried 117g packet

0 Syn on Extra Easy Original 20½ Syns Green Free

Batchelors Pasta n Sauce, Macaroni Cheese, excluding milk & butter, dried 108g packet

2 Syns on Extra Easy Original 19 Syns Green 2 Syns

Batchelors Pasta n Sauce, Mild Cheese & Broccoli, excluding milk & butter, dried 123g packet

½ Syn on Extra Easy Original 22 Syns Green ½ Syn

Batchelors Pasta n Sauce, Mushroom & Wine, excluding milk & butter, dried 128g packet

0 Syn on Extra Easy Original 23½ Syns Green Free

I used to have these quite a bit in early SW days but I tend not to bother now as I'm trying not to have processed foods if I can help it. I know people say they use these when they don't have time to cook, however when I get these moments I cook some pasta and add some tinned tomatoes, frozen veg and top with an A choice of cheese. Voila - free, quick and not processed!

It's hard though because I DO like pasta in sauce and supernoodles!

Batchelors Pasta n Sauce, Mushroom & Wine, excluding milk & butter, dried 128g packet

0 Syn on Extra Easy Original 23½ Syns Green Free

I used to love this but they no longer make it :(

I've just had this for my lunch - first time in years, and I was looking for something free on Green.

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Batchelors Pasta n Sauce, Tomato, Onion & Herb, excluding milk & butter, dried 128g packet[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
extraeasy.gif
0 Syn on Extra Easy
red.gif
Original 22½ Syns
green.gif
Green Free
[/FONT]
[/FONT]​

It was delicious, and used just a splash of milk (about 1/3 of the HexA allowance) and no butter.

Really good for the occasional meal at work when the shop selection is poor to say the least.

handy for emergencies when you are in a rush! or for lunch at work where cooking facilities / time is an issue. I have them for lunch at work maybe once sometimes twice a week. But i think that for dinner really it doesn't take any longer to whip up some pasta and make your own sauce from tinned tomatoes, passata, herbs and whatever veg you have about. Takes like ten minutes so no excuses for not having time esp if you are adding extra veg anyway might as well just make your own pasta!

I used to rely on convenience foods a lot more and when i started SW i had pasta n sauce a lot but it really is so quick/easy/cheap to just make your own :)

X

Must say I use these once or twice a week for college lunch, just make them up quick in the morning then tupperware it. Cooking facilities at college are non existent and healthy food is twice the price of rubbish food in the canteen so these are a life saver :)

Hi, I have tried the tomato one but I think I will look out for the macaroni cheese one as I am quite partial to a bit of Mac and cheese especially only for 2 syns.

Must say I use these once or twice a week for college lunch, just make them up quick in the morning then tupperware it. Cooking facilities at college are non existent and healthy food is twice the price of rubbish food in the canteen so these are a life saver :)

ooh I never thought about taking it anywhere pre-made, that will be a good idea for when I go back to uni! Also the tomato and herb one would be nice cold on a salad I think! x

Back