Supersize Vs Superskinny/Half a ton mom documentry..

xSinead

Silver Member
I remember 2008 when i tried Cambridge for the first time, the reason i did it was because i had just watched 'half a ton mom' on channel 4. I remember crying through the entire programme, sky plussing it & then watching it every day for a week before i made the decision to do Cambridge. I honestly could see myself being that woman, in that bed, in the exact same situation. It was painfully frightening.

I still watch things like supersize vs superskinny at least twice a week, just to remind myself of how amazingly well i'm doing. 16 weeks ago i was around the weight of the obese people in supersize vs superskinny, now i'm never the same size as any of them lol!

Anyone reccomend any other programme/documentry type things i can maybe watch online?

I'm not keen on the biggest loser as their way of losing weight is totally different to what i'm doing, it takes alot longer and i dunno i just don't find it motivational at all. Where as seeing american really obese people bed bound, and basically at a life or death place really does motivate me :)

Ah ok, see it doesn't to me, cos I guess I've never imagined myself getting like that, I kno any1 could, but I just don't relate it to me... I think if ur so fat ur bed bound... Sum1 must b feeding them :-/

Hate the word 'fat' but yep, once people get to the bed bound stage of course somebody is going to be have to care/feed for them.

Let's face it. We ARE fat or we wouldn't be here! And, you're real inspiration yourself - you've lost a huge amount and should be very proud of your progress. Those people on the TV are extremes - as has been said, someone had to be feeding those fatties and should be locked up! If it's not cruelty, then what is it?

Just really hate the word fat, and wouldn't class or brand anyone including myself as 'fat'
just a personal opinion though.
I know 16 weeks ago i was very very large, morbidly obese, and i still am. But yes, i have done amazing & will continue to do so :)

I quite enjoyed the "Secret Eaters" programmes; it was interesting to see the differences in what people honestly think they are eating, and then where the extra bits and bobs were added in unknowingly. The people taking part had lots of different reactions too, along with different reasons why they were not eating well/losing weight, so I think most people would identify with someone in the series at least a bit. I liked the fact that the whole programme was not dedicated to plates of salad and the people sweating buckets with a personal trainer; they do most of the "diet work" off screen once they know about their problem habits, and return at the end of the programme to show how much they have lost.

I also really liked "Secret eaters", I thought it showed quite well a lot of the normal mistakes that people make and how people who believed that they lived a healthy lifestyle were actually really unhealthy. I also worry about progs like SS vs SS as I'm not sure how sensible it is to take 2 people with what are essentially eating disorders and then get them to swap one massively unhealthy diet for another, I'd be interested to know how many long term success stories they have. But I thought SE offered more sensible, sustainable advice. I really related to one woman who ate salads every day and couldn't understand why she was 14 stone, and then got angry and refused to believe it when she was shown that she piled 1000 cals worth of mayo on each meal, I was just like this a couple of years ago and I think it's probably the only diet prog I've seen that would have made me seriously think if I'd seen it while I was putting on weight.

OMG I know exactly what you mean - have done just that - recorded Obese A Year to Save My Life/Supersize vs Superskinny and watching them over and over - the stories are so inspirational and really help me -make me think "if these people can acheive it why can't I - I haven't got nearly as much to lose of course I can do this:)" Iknow they have trainers and a camera crew but at the end of the day it is them:)

Back