Supersize vs. Superskinny

~Crooked Smile~

Silver Member
Ooo just seen that a new series of supersize vs superskinny kids is starting on channel 4 in five minutes. Have never seen the kids one before but love the adults one so will be watching for sure :)

kids one wasnt that good compared to the adults x
and i felt sorry for the kiddes x

I watched a bit of this as well. I liked Fat vs Skinny Adults. Made me worry about my own kids being too skinny! Though they eat me out of house and home everyday! Lol. But my heart goes out to them. It seems to me that it's harder for bigger kids than skinny ones as the name calling and taunting is just soul destroying. But now it's in fashion to look like a twiglet :-((

Just watching this on catch up.
How do the skinny kids stay so skinny when all they eat is rubbish!!?? The dancer didn't eat meals or anything but ate lots of sweets and chocolate.
And the parents of the overweight children need to learn some good old fashioned discipline and say no and stop buying all the rubbish in the first place! They can't eat what isn't there.
The adults one is back this week too x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

As the mother of an 11 year old who has just finished counselling for an eating related problem I found it both fascinated and sad.

thankfully my daughter didnt have an eating disorder as such but have gone throught the trauma and worry of seeing her not wanting to eat I could really identify with what some of the parents were going thru.

i dont mean to offend anyone but it is so easy to be on the outside and just say that the parents should put their foot down and take control. If only it were so easy.

Cant wait for the adults one to start again !!

mommyB said:
As the mother of an 11 year old who has just finished counselling for an eating related problem I found it both fascinated and sad.

thankfully my daughter didnt have an eating disorder as such but have gone throught the trauma and worry of seeing her not wanting to eat I could really identify with what some of the parents were going thru.

i dont mean to offend anyone but it is so easy to be on the outside and just say that the parents should put their foot down and take control. If only it were so easy.

Cant wait for the adults one to start again !!

No offence taken and likewise.
I find it easier to understand children not eating and the difficulties in getting them to eat, than children that over eat, but maybe as someone looking in that's just as hard x

Phew !! glad you didnt take offence as I certainly didnt me any.

I guess if you look at the parents of overweight children, they are rarely slim themselves are they ? lack of knowledge plays a big part.

:D
Agreed! What would be really supportive for them is the family taking on the advice given as well jot just expecting the child too. Doing slimming world and having other people doing it with me has been great.
The boy with anorexia on the programme is so sad!! I'm sat here willing him to eat!! (I know it doesn't work like that tho!) I'm so sorry for what you've gone through and I hope you daughter is getting better xx

Thats so true. I know a parent at school whose little girl is classed as over weight but so is her mum and her grandparents etc. So in her mums eyes she is normal. But what upset me was that she regularly complains of ailments due to being over weight....so how can she let her child get into that position also??

I know I'm over weight and have no room to talk at all but this is the main reason I wanna lose weight. To he a better healthier role model to my boys. Sorry if I sound a hypocrite, I don't mean to be.

My daughter is doing much better thanks. I cannot believe what a difference counselling has made.
She devloped a phobia of eating in public or anything that I hadnt prepared for her ( and even that she wouldnt eat anywhere but at home, even packed lunches at school didnt get eaten). She's always been a 'picky' eater and its always been difficult to get her to try new things. The last 2 years have been really hard, she has looked really pale, underweight for her age and height and finally when she started to have panic attacks over it all I sought help.
So glad I did, she is now a happy confident girl, is gaining weight and has a rosey glow. She is keen to try new things and this week had her 1st ever indian takeaway.

You can only imagine the relief !!

Difference is Rachel is your doing something about it!!

That's brilliant!!! Mmmmm Indian my favourite lol

Yeah that's true Jenny! Think I'm doing ok. Got tons more energy.

Indians my fav too!! Actually I bought one them 2 person meal bags from asda to have this week with hubby. Not same as my local takeaway but less points!!

i saw this on catch up too. its such a shame to see the kids like that.

mommyb my wee girl is similiar to that. she'll be 4 in july and is a very fussy eater. also a very small eater, yet she doesnt look underweight or anything. will keep my eye on her.

did you guys see the one last night. Im sorry but your kids should eat healthy and not get overweight. as adults its our choice what we ate and me personnally got fat because of it.

Yeah, I watched last nights. I got a lump in my throat wen that lady went to America and met the 40st American.

3st she lost in 3 mths!! She looked fab. Her hair was shiner, skin looked better and she looked much happier in herself.

I do like that program. It does make a difference to the contestants lives.

i didnt enjoy the kids one as much as the adult ones .. but i thought it was a shame when that girls lost 5lbs and was so excited about it, and her mother let her put it all back on :( even tho she lost 5lbs in the end, it could of been 10 if her mother helped out her daughter and made sure she didnt put that 5lbs back on!

Back