Superspeed Soup - confused about my weightloss this week

Oh god yes I am exactly the same there too! My mum and boyfriend telling me its all in my head but when I go I do a big wee each time despite drinking little. I have to get up during the night too! I worried I might have diabetes (especially as I'm overweight) but the test was fine.

Oh god yes I am exactly the same there too! My mum and boyfriend telling me its all in my head but when I go I do a big wee each time despite drinking little. I have to get up during the night too! I worried I might have diabetes (especially as I'm overweight) but the test was fine.

Snap. Most nights I'm up 2/3 times for the loo. It's just not normal :(

My guess on the night time toileting: you avoid drinking during the day to avoid too many loo visits at work, then drink slightly more in the evening at home (plus super free foods with your dinner would be quite high in water content). So most of your water intake is in the evening and then gets processed during the night and wakes you up.

I'd definately bring it up with the GP next time - dehydration can be a major cause of headaches and migraines so may even be related.

I only tend to have one large glass of drink in the evening but yes I do eat a lot of veg & didn't think of the water content in that. If there is any connection between that & my headaches it would be great to kill two birds with one stone. Thank you :)

Hey Lisa -I used to suffer from Chronic Daily Headache Syndrome (tbh, It was probably just stress but the docs like to put nice little labels on theses things don't they :)) I find that if I drink at least 2 litres of plain water a day I don't get a headache at all. I also find that squash, even NAS sets off a headache, so I avoid it. Equally, whilst I drink diet mixers when I go out I also find they set off a headache well before I get drunk, so I stick to soda water to counteract it as it has no swetteners in it.

Hey Lisa -I used to suffer from Chronic Daily Headache Syndrome (tbh, It was probably just stress but the docs like to put nice little labels on theses things don't they :)) I find that if I drink at least 2 litres of plain water a day I don't get a headache at all. I also find that squash, even NAS sets off a headache, so I avoid it. Equally, whilst I drink diet mixers when I go out I also find they set off a headache well before I get drunk, so I stick to soda water to counteract it as it has no swetteners in it.

Ah ok! I'm now on tablets but I still get a banging headache at least once a week. I don't drink water & can't stand soda water (fussy much!?) so NAS is all that I really go for. I'll monitor it to see if the days I drink more triggers anything, thank you :)

LisaC said:
Ah ok! I'm now on tablets but I still get a banging headache at least once a week. I don't drink water & can't stand soda water (fussy much!?) so NAS is all that I really go for. I'll monitor it to see if the days I drink more triggers anything, thank you :)

What tablets Hun if you don't mind me asking? I got put on beta blockers in the end.

What tablets Hun if you don't mind me asking? I got put on beta blockers in the end.

Not at all, I'm on pizotifen. It's been good for migraines, I've hardly had any, but headaches are a big hassle. Did beta blockers work for you? I don't really know much about them.

LisaC said:
Not at all, I'm on pizotifen. It's been good for migraines, I've hardly had any, but headaches are a big hassle. Did beta blockers work for you? I don't really know much about them.

They did, but if you asthmatic they are a no go! I decided that I preferred the headaches to taking them in the end, then I ended up off work with stress, realised that was the main culprit of the
Headaches & got a new job!!!

I also get really bad headaches almost every day. I've often thought it could be because I'm not drinking enough. I'm going to try and drink lots more on my next days off

They did, but if you asthmatic they are a no go! I decided that I preferred the headaches to taking them in the end, then I ended up off work with stress, realised that was the main culprit of the
Headaches & got a new job!!!

I'm not asthmatic so I'll keep them in mind. Stress can trigger mine but as I'm a mega stress-head I can't do anything about that :/ Glad you solved yours though.

I have the exact same problem with my bladder and can really sympathise with you there! I've always had problems and had scans and tests as a kid but they found nothing. I've got such bad toilet anxiety now that I'm scared to drink a lot so I don't drink much fluid at all to avoid interruption to my day. X

I am the exact same but no tests etc just assume I have small bladder. If I know I am going out shopping or a walk or anything I will not drink for a few hours beforehand as I know I will need the loo. Like today I am travelling home which is about 2.5-3hrs drive and I will not have a drink from lunchtime onwards until I get there!!! It is a nightmare!!!!

Up through the night for the loo as well, I am ok diabetes wise as my mum is insulin dependant and I test my sugars every time I see her!!!

I also get really bad headaches almost every day. I've often thought it could be because I'm not drinking enough. I'm going to try and drink lots more on my next days off

I also suffered from migraines and had been on propranalol but this seemingly affected my raynauds so got changed to pizotofen. Can I ask what Pill you are on (if any). I had been on ovranette for over 10yrs and a new Dr I seen asked if anyone had made any connection between this and the migraines that I had been having (for over 10yrs!!!) I said no then he went on to tell me that Ovranette has the highest risk factors for migraines and strokes amongst other problems. When I had bad bad migraines my face would go cold & tingle then I would feel like I was on fire. The Dr was not impressed as this could have been signs of a stroke kicking in!!! I am now on cerazette and the migraines are few and far between though I did take myself off the pizotofen to see if I would be OK but ended up with a permanent sore head which after speaking to the Dr was told this was a continuous migraine!!!! So back on them but the pill was definitely in my opinion a contributing factor to the migraines!!!!

I also suffered from migraines and had been on propranalol but this seemingly affected my raynauds so got changed to pizotofen. Can I ask what Pill you are on (if any). I had been on ovranette for over 10yrs and a new Dr I seen asked if anyone had made any connection between this and the migraines that I had been having (for over 10yrs!!!) I said no then he went on to tell me that Ovranette has the highest risk factors for migraines and strokes amongst other problems. When I had bad bad migraines my face would go cold & tingle then I would feel like I was on fire. The Dr was not impressed as this could have been signs of a stroke kicking in!!! I am now on cerazette and the migraines are few and far between though I did take myself off the pizotofen to see if I would be OK but ended up with a permanent sore head which after speaking to the Dr was told this was a continuous migraine!!!! So back on them but the pill was definitely in my opinion a contributing factor to the migraines!!!!

I've been under the dr for women's things for almost 10 years, they put me on Cilest which I've been on ever since, I've only suffered from migraines the last 2/3 years so I can't see that Cilest has contributed to my migraines. Every year I get put on one tablet after another to try for my period pain. It always ends with me being on Provera tablets for 6months to basically shut me up so I have no period & therefore no pain. I've never noticed more headaches/migraines from being on the pill to provera. My Pizotifen has been great but it doesn't keep headaches away & some are so bad & I get at least one a week. I did ask my Dr if some of it can be connected but he implied no!

I haven't been on any pill for over 2 years now as we are trying for a baby (with no luck :-( ) I have just been diagnosed with PCOS and referred back to a gynaecologist for it after being referred two years ago and told there was nothing wrong with me just IBS! When I was on the pill they tried me on about 5 different ones as they all gave me migraines. The one I was on the longest was Cerazette.

My GP told me that if I had ever had a migraine ( she wasn't convinced that mine were and as I could see where the conversation was going I wasn't going to try to convince her they were) that I was unsuitable for the pill due to the increased risk o strokes.so I would be interested to know what other doctors as on the matter, not that it is likely to affect me.

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Thanks for clarifying that.

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Before I panic anyone, that's migraines WITH AURA (phone deleted it when autocorrecting).

Anyone experiencing migraine with aura (flashing lights in your vision etc) should come off the combined pill ASAP and go on to a progesterone only pill, contraceptive injection, implant, coil etc.

This is because there is a very strong link between people with migraine with aura have a stroke, and are on the combined pill, so they don't like to risk it when there are alternatives available.

As above this was happening to me - never thought much about it as Drs not concerned till I seen the new Dr - thank goodness that I did!!!!

Back