Support from hubby...

We had a good chat this morning and the main problem is that he's worried over the not eating at all bit and only taking the shakes, I've pointed him in the direction of the website to show that it isn't a spoof one, so hopefully things will change now. x thanks for your comments

I have a very close friend who feels the same about the not eating part. Just because many years ago he was a weightlifter and spent his life in a gym and a healthy diet he thinks he knows it all - but this attitude makes me want to prove him wrong. Not quite the same as you and your hubbie but I know where you are coming from :D

My hubby was the exact same. He couldn't understand the 'not eating' bit at all. I was tempted at the start to tell him I was having a small meal at lunch to stop the ones at work quizzing/condemning me, but realised that'd make him think I could go for the odd meal with him, so I'd only be cheating myself really. I tried my best to explain it to him, and told him a little white lie- that my GP had suggested I try it after all other things I'd tried hadn't worked. My Hubby knew I'd been trying for a lonnnnng time (genuinely, not kidding myself iykwim?) to lose the extra weight, and when I told him it was only a short-term thing, he was okay to support me. He did get fed up towards the end of us having no social life (he wouldn't go out without me- bless! LOL!), but I gave him a date when I'd be finished tfr & re-feed, where we'd go out for a meal and a few drinks, and he was happy to focus on that. It is hard for them. It's hard for a lot of people to understand this diet after all the bad press VLCD's get. I chose not to tell anyone except him I was doing TFR. It was hard, but I got through it easier than if I'd had to battle the 'knowing' comments I know I would've got. In a year or so, if (when!) I'm maintaining my losses, I may recommend it to others if I feel they could benefit from it, but until then I'll fight my maintenence battle...:)

Back