Support from OH, family and friends

HelsAngel

Silver Member
I thought it might be nice to share what support we get from others and how it helps us. You never know, we might get an idea on how to support someone else too.

My fella just sent me a text message for my WI tonight

"Good Luck tonight, don't forget to declare you're doing Body Magic and going for your Bronze award. You will see a decent weight loss after a couple of weeks if you stick to the training programme"

It's not so much the message but the content. He knows what Body Magic is, he knows about the Bronze award and I'm sure I've only briefly mentioned it once.
Also, my family have all switched to having roast potaotes with Frylight rather than the lashings of oil used before.

I find these little things invaluable. :)

It makes such a difference to have the right support doesn't it :clap:

My hubby is an absolute diamond, his latest :0chacha: moment is that even though he has to be at work for 8am -he has declared that when he is back at work (on leave at the moment) we will get up and at the pool for the early swim (6:30-8am) -
On tuesdays and Thursdays will get there for 6:30am, swim until 7:30am -drive back to camp where his PT gym sessions starts at 8am -then we can both do an hour-he will drive us back, have his shower and then go back to work :D
He never fails to amaze me by his constant support -I mean I always knew I had a "good un" but sometimes he really does blow me away.

Capricorn - Your fella sound the same as mine in more ways than one.

Mike has PT 3 times a week (in fact, he's on remedial this week because he just failed his fitness which is my fault for being so lazy with him) but even though he's aching and knackered, he still comes out with me for my Couch to 5K training. Sounds like we both got good 'uns huh?!

My OH has told his family that I'm on Slimming world :) and the MIL asked me how it was going the other day. That was nice :)

Hels

Is hubby military then?
Mine has PT on tues/thurs/fri -but the public pool doesn't do an early swim on a friday :sigh:
My hubby is down graded too *knacke*ed knees* after years of jumping in n out of wagons -well that and old age :p. Although he always passes his BFT -I think thats what they call the fitness test -he is a stubborn b*gger who will run himself into the ground rather than fail :confused:

He really should be as far through as a pipe cleaner with how much exercise he does -between 3 PT sessions, playing hockey, golf and then doing swimming n badminton with me -actually Im surprised he has time to eat :p

My OH always has SW friendly tea ready for when I get home. When we do go to the pub he lets me know in advance which days they don't serve diet coke:rolleyes:

Otherwise I don't get support or no support as such, my weight loss doesn't impact on aspects any of my relationships.

Hels

Is hubby military then?
Mine has PT on tues/thurs/fri -but the public pool doesn't do an early swim on a friday :sigh:
My hubby is down graded too *knacke*ed knees* after years of jumping in n out of wagons -well that and old age :p. Although he always passes his BFT -I think thats what they call the fitness test -he is a stubborn b*gger who will run himself into the ground rather than fail :confused:

He really should be as far through as a pipe cleaner with how much exercise he does -between 3 PT sessions, playing hockey, golf and then doing swimming n badminton with me -actually Im surprised he has time to eat :p

He sure is. He's not my hubby yet though but I'm working on it!
He does loads of exercise in the week to be honest, 6 mile runs around the camp perimeter plus squash, rugby and gym sessions. He's also captain of his regiments swimming team. He failed his run by 15 or so seconds. He has bad hayfever but because he wasn't carrying his inhaler (my fault again!), they failed him which I suppose is fair enough. I think he's secretly enjoying it though. I never understand how he's not built like Vin Diesel with all that he does!!

I have hinted that I'd use the camp gym and pool too but to be honest, until my fitness level improves, I don't want ANYONE except him to see me!!

He sure is. He's not my hubby yet though but I'm working on it!
He does loads of exercise in the week to be honest, 6 mile runs around the camp perimeter plus squash, rugby and gym sessions. He's also captain of his regiments swimming team. He failed his run by 15 or so seconds. He has bad hayfever but because he wasn't carrying his inhaler (my fault again!), they failed him which I suppose is fair enough. I think he's secretly enjoying it though. I never understand how he's not built like Vin Diesel with all that he does!!

I have hinted that I'd use the camp gym and pool too but to be honest, until my fitness level improves, I don't want ANYONE except him to see me!!
Trust me -get your backside into the squaddy camp... I was mortified at the thought of it, but I bit the bullet and do you know what? its great and I was a hell of a lot bigger than you (and still am) .. you will be amazed at what you will see ;) I was expecting loads of super toned hunks *der* some of them made me look fit :giggle:
I have never been in a gym before I joined the camp one and I love that its not all mirrors n chrome plus of course its all free :happy036: and of course you can get access to the gym instructors etc for advice ;). When my achillies isn't playing up I go at least 3 mornings a week and thats when the lads do their PT sessions :p
Are you at Wattisham airfield? -just loking which area you are in...
Happy holidays -great that OH does your meals, I don't let my hubby loose in the kitchen I can't bare it :silly:

That's exactly where we are, yup! :)
oooh thats where we were before this posting,,, I lived on Pine square ...
I loved that place,,, now then Im not one to lead you astray BUT have you tried the little old chippie in Needham market? *obviously pre-SW of course :p*
Its tucked away down a back street and I swear it does the worlds best chish n fips... they fry in dripping ;). We often say that we could be tempted to trundle all the way there when we are back in the UK for haddock n chips :drool:

CAPRICORN said:
oooh thats where we were before this posting,,, I lived on Pine square ...
I loved that place,,, now then Im not one to lead you astray BUT have you tried the little old chippie in Needham market? *obviously pre-SW of course :p*
Its tucked away down a back street and I swear it does the worlds best chish n fips... they fry in dripping ;). We often say that we could be tempted to trundle all the way there when we are back in the UK for haddock n chips :drool:

Capricorn!!!!

Tut tut tut!!!

I'm shocked at Capricorn too!!!!!! :eek:

Shocked!? I now know that place is there and I've got to live there! This is going to be torture. Might check it or though to see if it's ok but NOT until after my holiday!

My OH is amazing! He cooks fantastic SW meals and even does the washing up afterwards.

If I'm having a bad day, he is always there to hold my hand/kick me up the bum/give me a kiss. When I got to my 1 stone award, he treated me to a new pair of shoes and has said that he will get me another present when I get to 2 stone!

Aaaahhh...

My bf is good too. When he's here, he is happy to eat the same as me, and even adapt his recipes to fit in with SW, as long as he can stille at chocolate and rubbish for dessert he's happy. And I'm happy to let him!!

Another military one, currently on tour, he does his best to send me a good luck msg/prediction of my loss or to call me when he knows I'll be out of class, even tho it's midnight with him... Now he's worried I'll be in better shape than him by the time he gets back ;)

PS he is freakishly good at predicting my loss/gain/maintains too :)

My OH is amazing! He cooks fantastic SW meals and even does the washing up afterwards.

If I'm having a bad day, he is always there to hold my hand/kick me up the bum/give me a kiss. When I got to my 1 stone award, he treated me to a new pair of shoes and has said that he will get me another present when I get to 2 stone!

Aaaahhh...

I don't believe you. Cooks AND washes up???

However, a new pair of shoes when 1 stone is lost??? I knew there was a reason I started this thread!! Great idea. Let's see what mine says to that! ;)

I don't believe you. Cooks AND washes up???

However, a new pair of shoes when 1 stone is lost??? I knew there was a reason I started this thread!! Great idea. Let's see what mine says to that! ;)

Yep :D

He'll even do the hoovering if I ask nicely!

My hubby is far too good for me! Not just in a SW way.
He phones me from work every monday night to see how I've done.
When I do a sleep in and come home at 7am he makes up the sofa with a pillow and blanket cos he knows I don't sleep well at work.
He cooks every Sunday even though I'm the only one who really loves a roast (and he washes up).
He does the washing and the ironing.

I don't deserve him, as a wife...I make a good husband!

Yep :D

He'll even do the hoovering if I ask nicely!
He could be a clone of mine !!!

Paul is so amazing I find it hard to explain how good he is.

When he proposed to me ( down on one knee), I said , yes of course I will mary you, but I will never do your ironing) 26 years later, I have still not done his ironing.

He is supportive and encouraging but never fails to let me know that he love me whatever the scales say. That in itself is the finest encouragement there is for me.

Back